VW Tavnazia Tier 1 Strategy (Without Displacers)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » VW Tavnazia Tier 1 Strategy (Without Displacers)
VW Tavnazia Tier 1 Strategy (Without Displacers)
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-29 21:50:56  
Today I attempted to clear these by making a /shout party.
After a wipe to Tsui-Goab, one of the members changed to PLD, held the adds and we were able to kill it quite easily.

Then we tried Abununnu. Over and over again. People started to leave, so I reformed again, and again we were unable to beat it.
Tried different strategies, like just having the adds held while the DD kill the main, and also killing the adds while someone holds the NM.
I was praised for trying my absolute best to get this done, despite the wipes. We seemed to have issues getting staggers on this too, even with... four black mages...

So I was wondering what kind of setup (And quality) of players that you would use for this stage. Would I definitely need a PLD or two? Any tips would be sweet.

Edit: I have had no trouble with these kinds of partys for city clears, aht urhgan and Zilart, except maybe that Amphitere in Rolanberry and the Imp in Aht Urhgan. Apparently the guy in the chair is even worse then the Demon. It would be nice to see some strategy for all tier 1.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-29 22:03:14  
Why not just use displacers? 30k a person isn't that bad.

Anyway, have PLD supertank the adds, it's pretty simple really, just have to get procs and have decent DDs like, well, every other VW.
 Cerberus.Ezeichiel
user: ezeichiel
By Cerberus.Ezeichiel 2013-01-29 22:06:18  
Think our downfall today was lack of frontline power, when we staggered we weren't able to take advantage and knock out good chunks of hp.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-29 22:07:15  
Yea I suppose I wanted to beat it normally. We did the best the first time we fought it. Got it down to 25% then the PLD died from the adds. He said they suddenly became stronger for no reason.

I guess for the people I can get, displacers is the only way?
How difficult are the dvergr and apkallu?
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-29 22:09:03  
I was thinking the exact same thing Eze, but I was just working with what I could find. Its bad when I end up being the main DD, I should be one of the worst DDs in the alliance for stuff like that I think. We did have a few weak links. Totally underestimated just how bad these NM would be.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2013-01-29 22:14:55  
As far as pick up groups go, for Tavnazian/Aht Urgan VW clear, Bismarck, and Rex, I won't even bother with them anymore without using PD. All of those fights can be done fairly easily without PD by a coordinated group of people, but with random people I find it better to just pay the gil for PD and not pull my hair out over it.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-29 22:18:30  
I actually completed Aht Urhgan T1 with no displacers. The Imp was messy, the alliance was on the brink of wipe, but we got it done.

Guess ill use displacers to get them done. Would be nice to hear some detailed guide to beating these NM properly though. Like what kind of jobs people use etc.
 Shiva.Keyera
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2013-01-29 22:37:10  
Common strat on shiva for Abununu is to kill the adds before killing the NM. It seems to work out decently. just bring some sams for warding circle.

edit: standard setup for anything with adds
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-29 23:00:28  
so definitely a pld? Would the pld hold the nm and one of the adds while the dd pile on the other?
 Shiva.Keyera
サーバ: Shiva
user: Keyera
By Shiva.Keyera 2013-01-29 23:42:56  
Yea, PLD holds one add and the NM with fanatics while the DDs tear up the first add, DDs pull 2nd add while the pld holds the NM. Then fight the NM. I don't ever remember wiping ever with that strategy...if anything the fight was really easy lol
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-30 00:57:30  
Yes. I didn't do it that way. I guess next time I will, thats IF i can find a decent PLD.