フォーラム » Windower » Support » G15 and Binder issue
G15 and Binder issue
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-01-08 15:48:22  
I have the old original G15 keyboard.

I used to used it with the old G15 binder, worked pretty well for the most part. Would have an occasional weird lock up issue, or sometimes I'd press a G-key and get random errata in the game.

I formatted a couple months ago and just downloaded the new Binder plugin and the new G15 software. Its working, I have to restart the G15 software occasionally because it goes into lala land. (I've read that is just a problem with the new software), but I'm having 1 other issue and I'm not sure if its related to Binder or the G15 software, that is if I have the timer on and hit the buttons to activate the timer, Binder does random things (or seemingly random) such as unload spellcast or run a macro. I tend to think its interpreting the 4 buttons in the top center as a G-key (although I'm not sure why it would unload spellcast). Those don't seem to do anything if I try to execute them in a text editor or something like that. I'm guessing the issue is with Binder and not the software but I'm not 100% certain. Any ideas?

Its been a mild annoyance for sometime. (I could try downloading the original G15binder to test if you think its necessary).
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Iryoku
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2013-01-08 16:55:00  
Binder could be interpreting the LCD buttons incorrectly, but unloading Spellcast shouldn't be possible unless you bound "unload spellcast" to one of the G-keys.

To narrow things down, does it happen without Binder loaded?

Just to be clear, you have the original blue G15 with 18 G-keys and a fold up LCD screen? That particular model has had nearly zero testing done because I couldn't find anyone who had one. The only testing was done with the nearly identical G11, but that model lacks a screen. The orange G15 v2 with 6 G-keys is very well tested.
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2013-01-08 19:45:16  
Could it be a hardware issue with your keyboard? You could try assigning a letter to each G key in the logitech software, open notepad, then hit the buttons up top to see if it sends any G-key presses.
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-01-08 19:49:07  
what is the status on getting the generic binder to work with newer keyboards that is a direct windower plugin, sandbox acts funky on my computers. could be I am doin it wrong though.
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2013-01-09 01:05:05  
Leviathan.Draugo said: »
what is the status on getting the generic binder to work with newer keyboards that is a direct windower plugin, sandbox acts funky on my computers. could be I am doin it wrong though.
That's what the OP's question was about. It's called Binder and it's been out since August.
http://forums.windower.net/files/file/56-binder/

If your device (it supports more than just keyboards) isn't supported, PM me or get on the #windower IRC channel and we can talk about adding it.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-01-09 08:12:34  
Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku said: »
Binder could be interpreting the LCD buttons incorrectly, but unloading Spellcast shouldn't be possible unless you bound "unload spellcast" to one of the G-keys.

To narrow things down, does it happen without Binder loaded?

Just to be clear, you have the original blue G15 with 18 G-keys and a fold up LCD screen? That particular model has had nearly zero testing done because I couldn't find anyone who had one. The only testing was done with the nearly identical G11, but that model lacks a screen. The orange G15 v2 with 6 G-keys is very well tested.

I'll try it without the binder loaded tonight. Yes is the old original blue with the fold up LCD and 18 g-keys.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-01-09 18:24:21  
I have the g510, the plugin shows up with the green text saying it sees the keyboard, but the g keys seem to not work with my setup.txts maybe?

Thank you by the way I have had this keyboard for a while now.
 Leviathan.Draugo
By Leviathan.Draugo 2013-01-09 18:25:44  
derp found my solution, yay ctrl+c, ctrl+v!
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-01-11 15:45:28  
Sorry I did test this last night and with Binder unloaded the LCD buttons did not do anything unexpected in the game.

When I reloaded it, looked it they tried to fire off a macro. I do not have any macros to unload windower components so when that happens I'm not sure, but often it seems its assigning another key to them since it will look like my character tries to use a WS or JA.
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2013-01-11 17:40:18  
Hmm... strange.

Could you please test with this test build? It should dump diagnostics to the console, which will hopefully illuminate what's going on here.

Binder 1.01 (test build)
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-01-13 16:26:45  
Ok, in the windower console, pressing the LCD selector button produces this:

data:0

(2 lines down and up I think)

as does the 2 leftmost buttons.

The 2nd from right most button give this:
g15_m3g5
g15_m3g6
g15_m3g17
g15_m3g5_up
g15_m3g6_up
g15_m3g17_up

Right most:
g15_m3g11
g15_m3g12
g15_m3g11_up
g15_m3g12_up
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-01-15 14:01:14  
Was that info helpful or do you need more details (and if so what?)
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2013-01-15 22:12:52  
Sorry, for the delay, I've had some ISP issues.

Anyway, it looks like there's definitely a glitch, and I am going to need some more information. However, the process is a little bit involved, and trying to explain it here is only going to complicate things. If you can get on IRC it would make this much easier. If that doesn't work for you let me know and we'll work something else out.

I'm usually in the #windower channel on ffochat every day.
 Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku
VIP
By Quetzalcoatl.Iryoku 2013-01-27 00:27:37  
Brimstonefox and I finally got a chance to talk, and I think I've fixed the issue. So, Brimstonefox, if you could give this beta build a try, and let me know if you find any problems. The whole algorithm is different, so make sure you check all of the keys.

Binder 1.11 (beta)
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-01-28 21:05:54  
I just played with it for 2 min. but looks like it works, and the original issue seems fixed.

I've not been playing much lately but if I encounter more issues I'll let you know (and I'll try and remember to post back after a week or two even if I don't).
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2013-02-18 13:59:42  
Just FYI, I have not encountered any issues with the new version I had downloaded.