Jump Head Equip

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Jump Head Equip
Jump Head Equip
By Ronsoranger 2012-12-27 06:04:24  
I apologize ahead of time if this has been covered.

Specifically for Jumps, which head piece is better?

Sceamol Band: DBL ATT+5% Att+14

vs

Hecatomb Cap +1: STR+12 DEX+6 Augmented with DBL+4% ATT+10?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-27 06:12:58  
Hecatomb, but it's gonna take a ton of tatters and a bit of luck to get a DA4 Atk10 one.
By Ophannus 2012-12-27 22:20:36  
The gil spent on +1 and tatters isn't worth the 1-2% difference in damage on Jumps, which in turn will only account for <1% of total damage output increase. In other words, don't waste your gil.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-12-27 22:33:33  
I want to say the best head piece for Soul, Spirit, and High jump, is Phorcys head. The sTP+ is higher average DoT then the DA from sceamol/DA heca from my understanding.

Martel.Ragnarok's Soul/Spirit/High Jump set:

By Ronsoranger 2012-12-27 23:13:35  
I was able to get the DBL ATT+4 without too much hassle, but the Att+10 has been elusive (40-50 tatters in so far).

@Erikthecleric
I don't look into the math of this game too often, nor will I pretend to have a large understanding on how things are calculated in game. But, if you are using Sceamol or Heca, you are looking at a 1/20 or 1/25 chance of a jump double attacking (looking at those head pieces alone). The TP return on that single jump double attacking would give much more TP than +5 STP over 20-25 jumps worth. This is of course, if I'm not looking at how the math works incorrectly. This appears to be especially true with Soul Jump, where a double attack on that = enough TP for a WS.
 Asura.Kurriko
サーバ: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2012-12-27 23:37:08  
Ophannus said: »
The gil spent on +1 and tatters isn't worth the 1-2% difference in damage on Jumps, which in turn will only account for <1% of total damage output increase. In other words, don't waste your gil.
Unless you're a Mandau Thf too!

Regarding "You should use STP instead of DA", it's not a simple case of "Phorcy's is better than Sceamol". It depends on your total STP. You need to make sure your Jump set contains enough STP to equal 2 or 3 (for spirit or soul) normal attack rounds. Figure out how much STP you will need (it'll be the same as you need in your normal TP setup, slightly less for spirit jump if you use AF3+2 feet) then build in damage or multi-attack etc gear around that.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-27 23:48:20  
Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
I want to say the best head piece for Soul, Spirit, and High jump, is Phorcys head. The sTP+ is higher average DoT then the DA from sceamol/DA heca from my understanding.

Martel.Ragnarok's Soul/Spirit/High Jump set:

With Mythic AM3 up, DA has reduced value, and STP has increased value. So phorcys tends to yield the highest DPS during AM3. The STP from phorcys puts soul jump at 61 tp. Making it count as 3 full melee hits in a 5-hit build. Spirit jump is at 45.6, more than is technically needed. But phorcys is still showing better returns in the spreadsheet.

Without AM3, you actually get sliiiightly more outta sceamol band. Even though it breaks hit build on soul jump. +0.456 on spirit and +0.252 on soul. 0.708 total gain or +0.0015% dps increase.

Now, I don't have a Sceamol band. So it's marginal gains vs extra inv, and going and getting one, for me. Really not sure I wanna carry one.

A perfectly augmented heca cap +1 is 0.96 dps behind sceamol when used on both jumps.

Spirit jump has a +25% atk bonus with the wyvern present. Soul jump has a +50% bonus. I wouldn't worry about that atk+ augment too much. It'd make very little difference. You can use the cap as is, or pick up a sceamol band. Although, depending on your polearm, you may get more outta Phorcys(OAT polearm, etc.)

Note: said numbers are based on using my builds in a specific situation, your mileage may vary~
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-27 23:52:02  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
With Mythic AM3 up, DA has reduced value, and STP has increased value.

How does this work exactly if DA takes priority, and the Oa3 is like 20% chance to proc (or is it more)? Or is that what you're saying? Since you have a 20% chance to Oa3 you shouldn't use multi-hit (though that set has like atheling and the other DA pieces?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-27 23:56:40  
It's not like DA is worthless with AM3 up. Just devalued. It still increases your avg hits per round. Just not by nearly as much as it would if AM3 weren't up. Atheling is in there, cause there's not really anything else decent to use.

There was a really good post on how AM3 interacts with multi hit awhile back. It was well written and easy to understand. Give me a bit to find it and I'll post a link.

EDIT: Ahh here we are. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31767/is-a-mythic-even-feasible-anymore-for-a-newbie/2/#1941496
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-27 23:58:11  
Well I get the fact that the Oa3 function is 1 more hit than DA, but if anything were to devalue DA it would be TA and QA only, no? DA takes priority over all OaX functions.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-27 23:59:53  
Posted link.

That post should pretty much answer those questions.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-28 00:01:43  
OK, I see it now. That's a really *** stupid way of how they put in the OaX function. Oa2-3 should have equal proc chance just under DA... Whack, but I see your point.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-28 00:07:10  
Man If they'd just added OAx proc rates to the DA and TA rates.. /droool.

Still, even with it's flaws, I love having AM3. WSJumpWSjumpWS~ Now we need split jump recasts(without gimped timers SE...)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-28 00:08:20  
I thought SE said they were doing that. At least your SP2 is now broken as *** with AM3 up... Seriously, that ***sounds ridic.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-28 00:44:31  
Well, they said if the split the recasts, they'd increase spirit/soul recast back to what jumps used to be. 1:30 and 3:00. Which would really suck. Thus the, "w/o gimped timers".

If they do it like that then... no thanks, SE. -.-;
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-28 00:48:49  
Ahh, ok I didn't realize that was part of the deal. Yeah, I wouldn't want that either. Let me just spirit/soul. Screw regular/high lol. SP2 still gonna be sick with Ryu. That is gonna be a pretty nice shot of dmg, I reckon.