SpellCast Problem (not Xml Related)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » SpellCast Problem (not xml related)
SpellCast Problem (not xml related)
 Bahamut.Razorback
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-12-14 12:28:37  
Hi all,

I have been having issues with spellcast since the update (and the update to the spellcast.dll). Whenever I was on SMN (or DRK as of today) and do anything either with or without a xml loaded spellcast crashes with a fatal error. Doing anything includes casting a spell or using text commands such as /invite or /l or /p....very frustrating. This issue is only with SMN and DRK for now. The error I'm getting is:
"SpellCast encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error Access violation in Outgoing Text method".
Then spellcast unloads.

Any suggestions? I've tried redownloading spellcast, reinstalling windower and using new xmls.

Any help is much appreciated.
Raz
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-12-14 12:33:12  
Don't use Spellcast.

Personally I've had no issues with it on my WHM mule while I've been levelling PLD - however the update broke a lot of things from what I'm hearing.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-12-14 12:34:12  
I believe the "outgoing text method" bug refers to any time you reference a piece of gear that's not listed in the resources. Make sure you have the latest version updated, and/or remove any reference to any brand new gear items you have, and see if that helps.

Edit: and yes, there's other things broken with Spellcast right now, but the above is the issue with your specific error, I believe.
 Bahamut.Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-12-14 12:53:35  
Its not gear. I'm not using any super new items. Neo Nyzul or Limbus is the newest I have. The error is occuring when I do something simple as typing "/l hi all" when I log in.

I have also tried using a blank xml with no gear in case it was that.
 Odin.Registry
サーバ: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-12-14 13:02:36  
Just for shiggles, if you haven't already... //updateresources

And don't auto-load spellcast, take it out of your init file and wait until you've updated then do it manually. If that works then you can go ahead and throw it back in.
 Valefor.Clairefox
サーバ: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-12-14 13:07:51  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Don't use Spellcast.

Not Helpful..

Fenrir.Motenten said:
I believe the "outgoing text method" bug refers to any time you reference a piece of gear that's not listed in the resources.

You may want to wait for further updates or try to manually find the piece of gear that is in your xml but wrong in resources and fix it (like what happened to chatoyant staves). That is if it is gear. Might be best just to wait for a better update.
 Bahamut.Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-12-15 05:08:46  
The problem has been resolved with the update to the Spellcast.dll today. Many thanks to the windower crew for all their efforts. The community appreciates all you do for us.
 Fenrir.Mesic
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-12-17 11:28:30  
Bahamut.Razorback said: »
The problem has been resolved with the update to the Spellcast.dll today. Many thanks to the windower crew for all their efforts. The community appreciates all you do for us.

Where is this fix? The last update I see for spellcast is on the 12th and your first post is from the 14th.

I cant ws all the time. Even without using the macro and trying it manually, the only way I could ws 100% of the time was unloading spellcast.
 Bahamut.Razorback
By Bahamut.Razorback 2012-12-17 13:40:38  
One of the guys from windower posted the link on Guildwork. I believe they posted it here in the Dec 2012 fixes?

http://guildwork.com/users/aureus

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34918/dec-2012-fixes/
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-12-17 16:07:56  
Valefor.Clairefox said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Don't use Spellcast.

Not Helpful..

More helpful than "Not helpful".

Problem: Thing doesn't work temporarily.
Solution: Temporarily don't use thing.

That sounds like a pretty foolproof solution to me.

It had already been brought up countless times over the two days or so prior to this that Spellcast was experiencing a lot of issues with seemingly unrelated things. Maybe it was my fault for assuming people may actually read something else to see if it pertains to something similar their issue (I'm assuming this was never even considered, otherwise the thread wouldn't have been created).

The only way to guarantee it wouldn't cause a crash, is to not use it.

That said, I'm glad the OP's managed to get a working version of it again (last I heard, the new version released was still having some issues aswell for some people, though I've been working for the past 3 days and haven't really been keeping up on here).
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-17 16:30:06  
I have a feeling it might be your resources.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-12-19 03:41:29  
Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Valefor.Clairefox said: »
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Don't use Spellcast.

Not Helpful..

More helpful than "Not helpful".

Problem: Thing doesn't work temporarily.
Solution: Temporarily don't use thing.

That sounds like a pretty foolproof solution to me.

It had already been brought up countless times over the two days or so prior to this that Spellcast was experiencing a lot of issues with seemingly unrelated things. Maybe it was my fault for assuming people may actually read something else to see if it pertains to something similar their issue (I'm assuming this was never even considered, otherwise the thread wouldn't have been created).

The only way to guarantee it wouldn't cause a crash, is to not use it.

That said, I'm glad the OP's managed to get a working version of it again (last I heard, the new version released was still having some issues aswell for some people, though I've been working for the past 3 days and haven't really been keeping up on here).

Yea its still not working all the time, just got me killed.
 Asura.Eurewyen
サーバ: Asura
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2012-12-19 04:42:34  
I still have the same issues that the topic poster is mentioned and talking about. I have followed every step what been said her on FFXIAH, Windower etc.. I have updated my recourses many times, I made a fresh install still the same, So I just take it there still is some issues needed to be solved after the last update.
 Fenrir.Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2012-12-23 02:46:16  
Asura.Eurewyen said: »
I still have the same issues that the topic poster is mentioned and talking about. I have followed every step what been said her on FFXIAH, Windower etc.. I have updated my recourses many times, I made a fresh install still the same, So I just take it there still is some issues needed to be solved after the last update.

Yea me too...

So weird too, being that its only sometimes...my ws macro was just working now its not. Along with some other ja's that just were, and its not all at the sametime they're disabled/broken, its some ja's then others later.

And again, since im guessing its significant, the ja's that aren't working at whatever time dont work without even using the macro (thus //command) but also manually
 Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2012-12-23 09:58:57  
A day ago i had a similar issue with Spellcast, seigan got stuck in a recast loop, while third eye never activated. I unloaded spellcast several times, and reloaded, then i deleted the .dll file, after that i download the Dec. 12th patch now it works fine.