Salvage 2.0 gear
First Page 2 3 4
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-12-13 11:51:57  
Any big changes to our gear sets?

Frankly the only thing I saw was ares+1 as new best upheaval body. I guess it's also the best idle piece.

Legs might be a good ukkos piece.

I currently don't use haste hands but if you did ares hands looks pretty sweet.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-12-13 11:58:04  
And the mass creation of salvage topics starts. Btw theres already a massive discussion topic for salvage gear.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-13 12:04:41  
I don't mind individual job discussions about gear, but as Creaucent pointed out there is a topic already.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34865/neo-salvage-gear-discussion

Still, there could be much to learn from individual topics on each job, the problem is that the front page only supports 9 topics, so a variety of topics is good. If they are all about salvage gear for different jobs then that is a bit of a problem.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-13 12:22:13  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
And the mass creation of salvage topics starts. Btw theres already a massive discussion topic for salvage gear.

This is a war thread, gtfo mr. Apoc drk.

There was a half decent set if you didn't have phorcys and had capped acc that included haste hands, same set would work with are's hands, other than that i can't see a use if you have phorcys, and if you can do salvage, you should have them.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-13 15:05:54  
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
Any big changes to our gear sets?

Frankly the only thing I saw was ares+1 as new best upheaval body. I guess it's also the best idle piece.

Legs might be a good ukkos piece.

I currently don't use haste hands but if you did ares hands looks pretty sweet.

I'll copypasta what I already posted in the BG .DAT Mining Thread in regards to Ares' +1 and WAR:

Ares' Cuirass +1 seem to be the new ideal Body for Upheaval while Mighty Strikes is down. Not sure whether or not it beats Osode with ideal augments while Mighty Strikes is up though. Ares' Flanchard +1 seem to be the new ideal Legs for Ukko's Fury when augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 isn't being worn while Blood Rage and Potency are up, and when augmented Warrior's Cuisses +2 aren't being worn for Warrior's Charge.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-13 17:56:45  
Why would you use HecaSub+1 when BR/Potency up? Sure you aren't confusing Subligar augment with Mitts?
Personally I'd think Ogier's for uncapped acc Ukko's and Flanchard+1 for capped acc.

I'm not sure how Ares+1 will compare with high end Augments on a Valk Plate, I think it'll depend on buffs.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-13 22:43:57  
Bismarck.Altar said: »
Why would you use HecaSub+1 when BR/Potency up? Sure you aren't confusing Subligar augment with Mitts?
Personally I'd think Ogier's for uncapped acc Ukko's and Flanchard+1 for capped acc.

I'm not sure how Ares+1 will compare with high end Augments on a Valk Plate, I think it'll depend on buffs.

No I'm not. You should be using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 when BR/Pot are up because it allows you to just about reach 50% critical hit rate on most things you're fighting with Claymore Grip and Rancorous Mantle. Obviously for monsters with critical hit rate evasion like Bismarck, Morta, and all of Legion Hall: Mul, you wouldn't be wearing critical hit rate %+ gear though.

And yes, you would use Ogier's when you need accuracy (Ig-Alima comes to mind). If you're using Valkyrie's Breastplate for anything other than TP, you're doing it wrong. Phorcys Korazin beats it for Upheaval, and Ares' Cuirass +1 would beat Phorcys Korazin. The only real question is whether or not Osode with ideal augments (DA+2/Crit +3) is trumped by Ares' +1 for zerging with Mighty Strikes.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-13 23:32:35  
Woo. Where to begin.

DeathOfSiren said: »
No I'm not. You should be using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 when BR/Pot are up because it allows you to just about reach 50% critical hit rate on most things you're fighting with Claymore Grip and Rancorous Mantle. Obviously for monsters with critical hit rate evasion like Bismarck, Morta, and all of Legion Hall: Mul, you wouldn't be wearing critical hit rate %+ gear though.
Not sure why you think reaching 50% crit rate is such a big deal. Crit Hit rate is like DA/TA in that it's less useful as it increases - unless you add crit hit damage. CH Rate & CH Dmg become more useful as you increase the other one, hence I said heca hands (with ch dmg) are much more useful when you increase Rate through Drinks/JAs. If you;re just boosting rate and not touching anything else, then Heca Legs are trumped by... a lot of things really.

If you're using Valkyrie's Breastplate for anything other than TP, you're doing it wrong. Phorcys Korazin beats it for Upheaval, and Ares' Cuirass +1 would beat Phorcys Korazin.
Wow, if you don't see the ws potential of 11vit 3ta (and likely a large amount of acc), I don't even know what to say. A good Valk destroys Phorcys unless the TA is incredibly devalued by buffs.

And why are you using a rancorous mantle for tp? o.O
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-13 23:36:35  
Crit Hit rate is like DA/TA in that it's less useful as it increases - unless you add crit hit damage.

wtf
[+]
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 04:07:32  
Not sure why you think reaching 50% crit rate is such a big deal.

You will parse highest when you can reach 50% Critical Hit Rate on any mob that you can reach it on. Any WAR worth a ***knows to stack Critical Hit Rate %+ gear on any mob that doesn't have Critical Hit Evasion (which would be Bismarck, Morta, and everything found in Legion Hall: Mul).

Hit rate is like DA/TA in that it's less useful as it increases - unless you add crit hit damage. CH Rate & CH Dmg become more useful as you increase the other one, hence I said heca hands (with ch dmg) are much more useful when you increase Rate through Drinks/JAs. If you;re just boosting rate and not touching anything else, then Heca Legs are trumped by... a lot of things really.

You're talking out of your ***. Yes, having a higher Critical Hit Rate and higher Critical Hit Damage together is going to boost your damage, but their's not going to be any diminishing returns if you don't stack one without the other.

I never said anything about Hecatomb Mittens +1. This argument isn't about them, it's about your ridiculous claim that Critical Hit Rate has little to no bearing whatsoever on a WS thats damage is entirely based upon it's Critical Hit Rate. If you want to bring Hecatomb Mittens +1 into this, just look a few pages back where I already posted their use for Ukko's Fury. Hecatomb Mittens +1 augmented with Critical Hit Damage +3% are on par with Phorcys Mitts and with Critical Hit Damage +4%, they beat them (on anything without Critical Hit Evasion).

It has been proven more than a few times that Hecatomb Subligar +1 augmented with Critical Hit Rate +4% are a WAR's best option in the Legs slot when inside Abyssea (with Razed Runes Atma set) and outside Abyssea whenever Blood Rage and Potency are up (on anything without Critical Hit Evasion). Your overall DoT will pull ahead using them over all other options since combined with other pieces. Don't believe me? Go post on BG and I'll tune in to watch the other career WARs back me up on it.

Wow, if you don't see the ws potential of 11vit 3ta (and likely a large amount of acc), I don't even know what to say. A good Valk destroys Phorcys unless the TA is incredibly devalued by buffs.

Tyleron's info checks out, so apparently I'm wrong on one thing. Valkyrie's does in fact pull ahead of Phorcys for Upheaval (without Mighty Strikes), so I stand corrected.

And why are you using a rancorous mantle for tp?

Your reading comprehension fails. I never said I use it for TP. I've only been discussing what's ideal for Ukko's Fury and Upheaval.

Wall-o'-Text? tl;dr? Fine. I'll simplify it for you:
You're an idiot. Stop talking out of your ***. Any career WAR that knows their ***can back up absolutely everything I've just said. If you're going to open your mouth, at least know what the *** you're talking about first.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-12-14 07:51:19  
I have to say lol at the rage of the above poster. It's especially LOL because your wrong often. For example with regard to body. We have hashed this multiple times and people have even mathed it out. For example Karah on bg posted

Code:

Bravura (99)
Pole Grip
Oni pebble
Ravager +2
Apathy
Brutal
Moonshade AttTP
Valkyrie Aug
Phorcys
Terrasoul
Spiral
Atheling
Warwolf
Phorcys
Dilaram
Only self buffs/Food Qilin
2551.72(Valk) 2500.29(Ares) 2489.72 (Phorcys) 2436.19(Twilight)

Chaos/Fighter/BoostSTR/Food/Minuet 5
2885.23(Valk) 2873.96(Twilight) 2832.10(Ares) 2806.50(Phorcys)

Drachenhorn isn't on the list, I guess I could add it as I use it for upheaval.
*EDIT* Drachenhorn adds +53~ to each scenario... though it's listed as 5% (overall attack) not base... I don't know how to make drachen's mechanics work the exact proper way. But even so, it should be better than ravager+2.

Gimme a target mob, and any gear changes. used Qilin with no atmas as just a base idea. This was the best set I could find number wise. Warrior+2 lowers by about 50~

windbuffet actually comes in under warwolf, I know someone will ask (why not windbuffet) ive never been a fan of that belt personally.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 07:55:59  
I have to say lol at the rage of the above poster. It's especially LOL because your wrong often. For example with regard to body. We have hashed this multiple times and people have even mathed it out. For example Karah on bg posted

Code:

Bravura (99)
Pole Grip
Oni pebble
Ravager +2
Apathy
Brutal
Moonshade AttTP
Valkyrie Aug
Phorcys
Terrasoul
Spiral
Atheling
Warwolf
Phorcys
Dilaram
Only self buffs/Food Qilin
2551.72(Valk) 2500.29(Ares) 2489.72 (Phorcys) 2436.19(Twilight)

Chaos/Fighter/BoostSTR/Food/Minuet 5
2885.23(Valk) 2873.96(Twilight) 2832.10(Ares) 2806.50(Phorcys)

Drachenhorn isn't on the list, I guess I could add it as I use it for upheaval.
*EDIT* Drachenhorn adds +53~ to each scenario... though it's listed as 5% (overall attack) not base... I don't know how to make drachen's mechanics work the exact proper way. But even so, it should be better than ravager+2.

Gimme a target mob, and any gear changes. used Qilin with no atmas as just a base idea. This was the best set I could find number wise. Warrior+2 lowers by about 50~

windbuffet actually comes in under warwolf, I know someone will ask (why not windbuffet) ive never been a fan of that belt personally.

Is this with or without Mighty Strikes? I'm assuming without due to Pole Grip/Dilaram's Sollerets/Atheling Mantle being equipped instead of Brave Grip/Ravager's Calligae +2/Cavaros Mantle.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-12-14 08:02:25  
Don't believe me? Go post on BG and I'll tune in to watch the other career WARs back me up on it.

+

Wall-o'-Text? tl;dr? Fine. I'll simplify it for you:
You're an idiot. Stop talking out of your ***. Any career WAR that knows their ***can back up absolutely everything I've just said. If you're going to open your mouth, at least know what the *** you're talking about first.

Did someone's mommy not make them breakfast?

If your going to cry like a 12 year old expect to be treated as such.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 08:05:50  

If you call that crying, you need to consult a dictionary for it's definition. It hardly qualifies.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 10:23:10  
Good Job Editing out the *** you were spewing about Upheaval and leaving this in:
Quote:

Especially nice that you leave it in after admitting you were "wrong on one thing" when we're only debating two things. Don't worry though, give me a bit and I'll explain why you're wrong on the other thing too. Also, valkyrie's doesn't just pull ahead of phorcys, it *** destroys it. hi2u 100% vit mod. Were you using mekira-oto+1 for it as well?
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 11:30:55  
Especially nice that you leave it in after admitting you were "wrong on one thing" when we're only debating two things. Don't worry though, give me a bit and I'll explain why you're wrong on the other thing too. Also, valkyrie's doesn't just pull ahead of phorcys, it *** destroys it. hi2u 100% vit mod. Were you using mekira-oto+1 for it as well?

You sir, are dumb. And no, I have no regrets whatsoever with how I responded to you. You came off like you knew what you were talking about when you didn't, so I put you in your place. You deserved what you got. Difference between you and me is I know how to properly gear my WAR. Judging by your gear sets posted on FFXIAH, you have absolutely no idea when it comes to gearing it.

I was wrong about one piece of gear. You were wrong about many. And no ***on the 100% VIT mod. Hardly ever even use Upheaval outside of zerging to begin with, and I've got an Osode with ideal augments for that anyway (which shits all over Valkyrie's).
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-14 11:35:19  

You sir, are dumb. And no, I have no regrets whatsoever with how I responded to you. You came off like you knew what you were talking about when you didn't, so I put you in your place. You deserved what you got. Difference between you and me is I know how to properly gear my WAR. Judging by your gear sets posted on FFXIAH, you have absolutely no idea when it comes to gearing it.

I was wrong about one piece of gear. You were wrong about many. And no ***on the 100% VIT mod.
Well if you were that good, you'd recognize those as the best (barring Armada) sets from 90 cap.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 11:38:08  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Well if you were that good, you'd recognize those as the best (barring Armada) sets from 90 cap.

What does it have to do with being good? I made a mistake on one piece of gear AND owned up to that one mistake, yet that somehow makes me bad at WAR?

No.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-14 11:41:16  
You obviously don't know it inside and out.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-12-14 11:41:26  
Why so much mad.

It's christmas!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-12-14 11:41:57  

If you call that crying, you need to consult a dictionary for it's definition. It hardly qualifies.

ROFL I just saw this. Ok the dictionary defense, that's something my 9 year old nephew would say.

Altar just ignore him. The more I think about those hands might have some real use in a hybrid DD set. I have been thinking of tweaking one of my DT sets to allow for phorcys feet.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 11:45:32  

No matter what I say to this, it's just going to get a simple minded, one-sentence response out of you in an attempt to keep this circular argument going. Fine. I'll end it with this:

Troll moar.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-12-14 11:47:37  
Someone's gonna get coal for Xmas
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-14 11:48:25  

No matter what I say to this, it's just going to get a simple minded, one-sentence response out of you in an attempt to keep this circular argument going. Fine. I'll end it with this:

Troll moar.
Thank you for editing your post.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 11:50:07  
ROFL I just saw this. Ok the dictionary defense, that's something my 9 year old nephew would say.

Pretty ironic coming from someone who just used an adolescent sounding insult himself. I'll quote in case you already forgot:

Did someone's mommy not make them breakfast?

Thank you for editing your post.

You're welcome.
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 11:53:00  
Difference between you and me is I know how to properly gear my WAR. Judging by your gear sets posted on FFXIAH, you have absolutely no idea when it comes to gearing it.
Really? Looking at my item sets? They're only ever adjusted when someone asks me something specific or I'm too lazy to add numbers manually. What, you think I use my PLD EARTH RESIST set often? Hey, if we're using posted item sets as a marker, am I supposed to assume you're using a Juggy/Ridill combo still? Good job, moron.

I was wrong about one piece of gear. You were wrong about many. And no ***on the 100% VIT mod. Hardly ever even use Upheaval outside of zerging to begin with, and I've got an Osode with ideal augments for that anyway (which shits all over Valkyrie's).
If you were half the war you claimed to be, you'd know that Upheaval owns Ukko's in a few places, and likely will in more down the road if they implement more Crit Hit Evasion. Maybe you should step out of abyssea (seriously, who the *** gives advice for sets in abyssea now? I could take my bard and do enough damage there) and into new events and see how Ukko's does in final tier Mul etc. Hate to break it to you, but Mighty strikes isnt going to last ~25 minutes after you clear first wave Mul - That kirin's osode isn't going to do so great after the first minute.

And ya, looking back I did a pretty piss poor job of explaining crit hit rate, likely because it was 1am and I was trying to do new salvage at the same time. But at least I'm not tossing out buzz words and pretending I understand the actual concept *cough*

Finally, this:
Altar just ignore him.
[+]
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 11:55:22  
And ya, looking back I did a pretty piss poor job of explaining crit hit rate, likely because it was 1am and I was trying to do new salvage at the same time.

Little late to try and save face. Judging by your first post, you have no understanding whatsoever when it comes to critical hit rate and evasion.

The difference between me and you is, I can admit when I'm wrong. You can't. I admitted I was wrong on Valkyrie's Body for Upheaval. Rather than admit you were wrong on everything else in your post, you just try and retract what you said to save face, and make excuses for it.

And thank you Tyleron for furthering my knowledge on which Body is currently ideal for Upheaval. I've edited my gear sets to include it, and will now begin using it instead of Phorcys. See how that works? Even though you were a *** about pointing that out, I can still admit you were right and I was wrong.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-12-14 12:01:17  
I'm not retracting anything. If you've already got 46% crit rate, adding 4% more from Heca legs isn't some *** godsend magical plateau that you're making it out to be, and chances are you'd be better off adding something else.

My point was that you're better off raising both critical hit factors in concert as opposed to maxing out one. Hence me saying if you have crit hit RATE high from drinks/JA, the DMG boost from hands becomes much more worthwhile.

But you're making it out to be increasing returns from critical hit rate on it's own, and that's just not true.

Quote:
You should be using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 when BR/Pot are up because it allows you to just about reach 50% critical hit rate on most things you're fighting with Claymore Grip and Rancorous Mantle.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-14 12:03:03  
I'm not retracting anything. If you've already got 46% crit rate, adding 4% more from Heca legs isn't some *** godsend magical plateau that you're making it out to be, and chances are you'd be better off adding something else.

My point was that you're better off raising both critical hit factors in concert as opposed to maxing out one. Hence me saying if you have crit hit RATE high from drinks/JA, the DMG boost from hands becomes much more worthwhile.

But you're making it out to be increasing returns from critical hit rate on it's own, and that's just not true.

You should be using augmented Hecatomb Mittens +1 regardless, which was what I tried to make clear to you in my original post, and why I said Critical Hit Damage/Rate %+ has nothing to do with diminishing returns when not stacked together.
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2012-12-14 12:33:03  
You should be using augmented Hecatomb Mittens +1 regardless, which was what I tried to make clear to you in my original post, and why I said Critical Hit Damage/Rate %+ has nothing to do with diminishing returns when not stacked together.

The point is that using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1 when your critical hit rate is 10% is going to increase your DPS more than when your critical hit rate is at 46%. Having blood rage and potency up is going to decrease the value of using augmented Hecatomb Subligar +1.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4