2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » MACC Affinity Staves. [Flame Wars]
MACC Affinity Staves. [Flame Wars]
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Methylated 2012-12-10 18:27:34  
Hello!

So I am working on A couple of MACC Staves at the moment. Ice and Thunder as it stands. May move onto Earth Affinity if I get that bored. I have Para II Merited and with a beepload of FastCast and the Recast time -14% on them staves I feel some sweet Immunobreaks on Stun and Paralyze. Now my question, With a 99 MACC affinity +6 Stave (Vourukasha II) I was wondering on upping my MND to add some potency of Para2? Without sacrificing resists and duration? Any gear set suggestions?

The reason I am doing this and not Magic damage? I love it when a enfeeblement lands. Simple as.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Methylated 2012-12-10 18:31:40  
Both MACC and MAB? -sweatdrops-

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Methylated 2012-12-10 18:53:08  

Hang on the Affinity works with Ninjitsu as well?!?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-10 19:04:21  
Escentially its going to look like any other mnd set, af3 head feet hands and neck, heka's, rubeus legs, aquasoul rings, etc, though I'd still use +2 body over anything mnd just for the added macc and potency.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-10 19:06:11  
Rofl, when would you /nin and be using a staff? Cactrot rapido?
By Methylated 2012-12-10 19:10:17  
I use /nin a lot I use three chars at once sometimes and I am playing catch up with a lot of the content that no one is doing :< those shadows give me a chance to click on my whm and hit the panic button :) If these staves worked with Ichi and Ni that would be the breath of fresh air I need! :>

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Methylated 2012-12-10 19:27:54  
EXCELLENT! Cheers Josh. also very good advice. To the grind machine!

[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-12-10 19:30:25  
Stun staff is extremely nice for SCH stun whoring.

This is my legion set:

3 second stun recast with Embrava,Haste,Alcrity without Haste and Embrava its still just 13 second recast.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-10 19:56:33  
Advocating not only the use of /nin as a crutch for dual boxing, but the building of a useless staff to lower the cast time/recast on shadows? OP asked about regearing mnd enfeeble sets around the use of a macc staff. Not only is rdm/nin useless for anything you'd be swapping staves for, but its off topic
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-10 20:06:10  
The guy advocating /NIN is the OP.
[+]
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-12-10 20:08:08  
Don't see how 14% reduced casting/recast time is useless either.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-10 23:52:51  
Its useless because rdm can cap it without the staves, and there its not a single relevant situation where swapping into a wind affinity staff and /nin should be in the same sentence or thought, and the OP agreed it would be useful for his whm dual box, which has nothing to do with his original question.

Utsusemi recast is completely relevant to a mnd enfeeble potency set based around a macc staff.
[+]
 Shiva.Alistaire
サーバ: Shiva
user: Alistaire
By Shiva.Alistaire 2012-12-11 00:19:47  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Utsusemi recast is completely relevant to a mnd enfeeble potency set based around a macc staff.

Of course not. It'd be a nice added bonus if he's gonna make one anyway and would make good use of it. And if you can cap fast cast without it you can cap it with less pieces with it, leaving room for evasion/pdt/sid or w/e floats your boat. (probably wouldn't beat e-staff for efficiency if you want to add some pdt in there)

Maybe the guy just wants to be like Avesta and solo stuff on RDM that he was doing @ 75 cap. Maybe he just wants to feel like RDM is good for something these days.
By Methylated 2012-12-11 03:00:01  
Morning ladies and gents,
Shiva.Alistaire said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

Of course not. It'd be a nice added bonus if he's gonna make one anyway and would make good use of it. And if you can cap fast cast without it you can cap it with less pieces with it, leaving room for evasion/pdt/sid or w/e floats your boat. (probably wouldn't beat e-staff for efficiency if you want to add some pdt in there)

Maybe the guy just wants to be like Avesta and solo stuff on RDM that he was doing @ 75 cap. Maybe he just wants to feel like RDM is good for something these days.

Morning ladies and gents,

Alistaire hit the nail on the head there. I do appoligiese for going off topic a second there but when someone tells you a bit of information and you would like to confirm it and you feel like a bit of a kid in a candy store when it is told. I think that was the scenario there! -takes slap on wrist-

Taint 15 secs with embrava off is sick as it is :O wonder if I can get that with gear etc :).

Look ladies and gents I know you all think that RDM is "Dead" per say. But its the first job I ever took interest in and that was about 8 years ago. I love the job even now and even though people are steering away from it I personally feel that the addage of "Immunobreak" into the updates will breath a new lease of life into my activity into the game. My Redmage turns that MNK WHM Druaga Duo into a easy fun ride. When I have to go low man missions. (Check out my profile I got a lot to do been away) RDM always saves the day :D!

I LOVE REDMAGE 2012 :3
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-11 03:06:46  
Do realize the recast reduction is part of the fast cast term though.

(1-(0.14+(Fastcast/200)))*(1-(Haste/100))*(1-(Grimoire Value)) will determine your total recast with that.
By Methylated 2012-12-11 03:14:39  
Diabolos.Yugl said: »
Do realize the recast reduction is part of the fast cast term though.

(1-(0.14+(Fastcast/200)))*(1-(Haste/100))*(1-(Grimoire Value)) will determine your total recast with that.

Cool :) That just means I can drop -14% in Fast Cast gear slap in something else of relative use.

I am now thinking though whats the highest INT piece I can get for the neck slot these days? for INT based enfeebs?
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-11 03:28:03  
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10940/

Absolutely not worth using one imo though.
[+]
By Methylated 2012-12-11 03:38:02  
Para 2 Ideal set? Stave in mind?

Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-11 03:45:14  
Diabolos.Yugl said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10940/

Absolutely not worth using one imo though.
Dat shattersoul D:

Edit' For blm that is.

Post deleted by User.
By Methylated 2012-12-11 03:51:08  
Not sure so much gear floating around now my head spins :)

Thoughts on Stunset ?

By Methylated 2012-12-11 03:56:53  
Very true!
Kin37ix said: »
Methylated said: »

Sanus Ensis, Muse Tariqah, Hyaline Hat, Heka's Kalasiris, Nares Trews, Cognizant Belt, Estq. Houseaux +2, Mana Ampulla.

Good call Kin allthough I would keep the stave for the MACC affinity :)
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-12-11 03:56:56  
Methylated said: »

Not really updated any RDM sets in a few.. well very long time, but it seems kinda low-mind in a few pieces. You for sure wont need many enfeebling skill/macc if your maintarget is "old content" Since well.. RDM Could enfeeble almost anything in full MND setups back at 75..

For head i would probably use hyaline hat, cognizant belt has more MND on belt, estoqueur's houseaux +2 for sure for feet, i thinkk those have highest mnd atm hmm reign grip and tbh.. i guess aslong as you dont need much ACC, Club/Sword+Shield Combo should still win for a potency set, and save staff for more resistant mobs.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-12-11 04:22:34  

(Hands/Back/Waist there are other pieces with same MND)

i think this could be highest potency Set for MND-Enfeebling.

I would just use Sword/Shield for Potency and Staff + Reign grip or the other +3 Grip for Macc Set, and Swap out AF2+2 Hands to Af3+2 Hands for MACC Set. Since 4MND earring are kinda.. pricy can just use those nice Earrings with MACC/MND+3 for both sets.
[+]
By Methylated 2012-12-11 04:34:38  
Kudos Mindi :)

Although I got to work hard and get that damn Hat to drop :O :D
First Page 2 3 4 5