Dagourmarche (Trial 2678) Solo?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dagourmarche (Trial 2678) Solo?
Dagourmarche (Trial 2678) Solo?
 Hades.Xhander
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-06 13:33:11  
I was just wondering if soloing Dagourmarche on DRG is possible and if anyone has tried or done it. I solo'd him on BST to get the attestation, but now that I have my Gungnir and need to kill him for trial on DRG its going to be a different story.

My plan was to go DRG/WHM. I think killing the SMN pet before it could 2hr would be the best bet, however, can he resummon it after its been killed? After that, I was just going to focus on killing Dagourmarche himself.

Tips? Suggestions?

Thx.
 Ramuh.Scizor
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2012-12-06 14:09:25  
I imagine it would be very tricky to solo on DRG due to the possibility of charm.

No BST friend you could team up with?
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-06 14:26:21  
He'll charm even with pets out? I'm guessing he does, considering there's three pets. <,<

I dunno if pets are re-summoned, but I'd kill them as they pop. IF you see astral flow fire while the avatar is alive, just time a super jump for while the avatar is charging. Then kill it.

You could take the BST approach, DRG ver, to deal with charm. And let your wyvern tank him. lol

Wyverns are a lot tougher than they used to be. Innate -40% DT. Can be lvl'd up with exp or spirit link(empathy merits.) Stock up on mulsum, Get some pet PDT/haste gear+Lancer helm/body, and have the wyvern focus on dagormarche.

Depending on sub and empathy merits, you'll wanna keep haste/phalanx up to spirit link to the wyvern. And remember to make good use of steady wing.

The fights would be slow. And you'd need to keep enmity low. Use spirit jump, and high jump(with wyrm legs+2), then WS only when super jump is ready to drop hate. Spam Smiting breath as often as possible as well. Assuming said NM doesn't have obnoxious breath damage taken-.

A final disclaimer. I haven't tried to solo this NM. But I do have some experience with charm spamming NMs(hi LAC.) So this is just theory on how this might be done.

You'd be much better off just getting some help to speed through trials. But this sounds like a rather fun and interesting solo to attempt. Good luck, and let us know how it goes if you give it a shot. XD
[+]
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-06 15:13:59  
Thnx fellas. Appreciate it. Attempting tonight. =D
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-06 19:07:51  
Well, good and bad news.

I decided in the end to /rdm for phalanx, haste, and sleep II.

Before I fought the NM I got 300%TP. I then put on protectIII, shellII, haste, phalanx, and stoneskin then spirit linked(Empathy 5/5). Popped NM--> stardiver --> soul jump --> spirit jump --> stardiver --> Super Jump (to put hate on wyvern). This took him down a fair amount. During that time he smn'd the wyvern and the avatar. I landed sleepII which took care of the avatar and then proceeded to concentrate on the NM. My wyvern was at about 7/8HP tanking like a champ, I hadnt even used steady wing yet. I knew at some point he would charm me, so I had my call wyvern macro ready etc. When he got down to about 50% HP he charmed me. At this point I hadnt even used healing breath or steady wing yet. When I finally got un-charmed he depopped ><

I've been trying to think of ways to avoid charm or keep him from depopping but cant really come up with anything. If I BioII'd him I would still lose hate once I was charmed and he would depop, correct?

I'm also considering pulling him outside the tower to a safe spot fighting him up to around 60% and then letting my wyvern take over while I fight his wyvern. But I'm not sure my wyvern could kill him in the allotted 15 minutes. He was only hitting for around 100hp each time.

Anyway, if it wasnt for that damn charm this woulda been a breeze. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. The obvious thing do to would be to bring a bst to keep a pet on him and just stay out of range. Unfortunatly I'm coming back from a long break and don't really have anyone to help since they all seem to be long gone, so I'd like to do it solo if possible. Thnx!
By gmg123 2012-12-06 20:05:21  
I just made a Gungnir myself. I was having issues with my friends schedules and mine meeting up. So i decided to try to solo the nm Drg/Blu. I had the same problems, I was doing great, got the nm to 50% he proceeded to 2hr and charm me. And the same thing happened to me, he De-popped before I uncharmed. As the drop rates of the Traitor's Fortune I found to be a horrible rate unless during a full moon and with a Thf. I decided to wait till i was able to scrounge together a few friends who where on at the same time and helped me out. We took a Whm, Thf, Bst, Drg(me) and we were able to let the Bst pet maintain hate till the NM got to 30% and zerg it down. We finally started doing the above method after a loss on our second pop, when we tried to zerg it from the start, and had a wipe due to double charm.

As you stated most of your friends have moved on from the game, and it is hard for you to get help with this fight. I can say through my experience this NM is best fought with 3-4 people. The fourth Person generally the Thf is not really necessary, mostly only there for the farming of the traitor's fortune. The best advice I can give you is to shout for the help of some mercenaries offer 100k per kill of the nm, or 500k flat for the 2hr farm or until you get as many kills in that run as possible.

If you are truly serious about trying to solo this NM one your own. You may want to go Drg/Rdm or Drg/Whm for dia when the NM is at 55% try to get off a dia, so that it will have as long of a duration as possible for when you are charmed. If you get charmed and the mob has dia on it. I believe that it will stay claimed, and maybe even long enough for you to uncharm. I did not try this strategy my self, I am going off other fights I have done in the past.

Good Luck and have fun in what ever you decide.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-12-06 20:08:30  
Dia doesn't claim and will not prevent a depop.
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-06 20:50:39  
gmg123 said: »
I just made a Gungnir myself. I was having issues with my friends schedules and mine meeting up. So i decided to try to solo the nm Drg/Blu. I had the same problems, I was doing great, got the nm to 50% he proceeded to 2hr and charm me. And the same thing happened to me, he De-popped before I uncharmed. As the drop rates of the Traitor's Fortune I found to be a horrible rate unless during a full moon and with a Thf. I decided to wait till i was able to scrounge together a few friends who where on at the same time and helped me out. We took a Whm, Thf, Bst, Drg(me) and we were able to let the Bst pet maintain hate till the NM got to 30% and zerg it down. We finally started doing the above method after a loss on our second pop, when we tried to zerg it from the start, and had a wipe due to double charm.

As you stated most of your friends have moved on from the game, and it is hard for you to get help with this fight. I can say through my experience this NM is best fought with 3-4 people. The fourth Person generally the Thf is not really necessary, mostly only there for the farming of the traitor's fortune. The best advice I can give you is to shout for the help of some mercenaries offer 100k per kill of the nm, or 500k flat for the 2hr farm or until you get as many kills in that run as possible.

If you are truly serious about trying to solo this NM one your own. You may want to go Drg/Rdm or Drg/Whm for dia when the NM is at 55% try to get off a dia, so that it will have as long of a duration as possible for when you are charmed. If you get charmed and the mob has dia on it. I believe that it will stay claimed, and maybe even long enough for you to uncharm. I did not try this strategy my self, I am going off other fights I have done in the past.

Good Luck and have fun in what ever you decide.

Thnx for the advice. I actually farm the traitors fortune using BST/DNC & faithful falcor. I've done 3 runs this way, getting it within the first 10 kills all 3 times. His TH, even though minimal, seems to get the job done.

I think my plan going foward is to do exactly what you said and pay for a BST to come along to hold hate and or take it down to 30% or so and then just zerg it. Like I mentioned earlier soloing him on bst wasnt a problem for me so hopefully I can find someone to help me out there. Thnx.
 Asura.Dravak
サーバ: Asura
user: Dravak
By Asura.Dravak 2012-12-06 20:52:15  
Here's an interesting suggestion that may or may not work, try going /mnk. If you pop counterstance and spirit link, empathy will transfer it to your wyvern. Keeping your wyvern alive may be a little trickier, but it would really increase his damage output. I've seen this tactic do wonders in Abyssea, but I have not tried it outside of that.
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-12-06 21:34:23  
There are a few 'resist-charm items' (i.e. decrease charm duration) for all-jobs. Off the top of my head I can think of Merrow No.17's Locket and unyielding ring. I used those for the ACP final battle and I'd notice my charm duration would be much shorter than others near me that got charmed.

I don't know if it would realistically get you uncharmed in time before the NM depops--and obviously the better solution would be to get someone to help out--but if you have no choice but to solo, maybe charm-duration resist items could help. I am not sure if general all-status-resistance gear would help stacked on top of that, but it could be worth a try to macro them all in (with a strong/hopefully-unresisted DOT to keep him around a bit...I know Disseverment's poison-effect keeps mobs from despawning.)
[+]
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-06 21:44:31  
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
There are a few 'resist-charm items' (i.e. decrease charm duration) for all-jobs. Off the top of my head I can think of Merrow No.17's Locket and unyielding ring. I used those for the ACP final battle and I'd notice my charm duration would be much shorter than others near me that got charmed.

I don't know if it would realistically get you uncharmed in time before the NM depops--and obviously the better solution would be to get someone to help out--but if you have no choice but to solo, maybe charm-duration resist items could help. I am not sure if general all-status-resistance gear would help stacked on top of that, but it could be worth a try to macro them all in (with a strong/hopefully-unresisted DOT to keep him around a bit...I know Disseverment's poison-effect keeps mobs from despawning.)

Very cool. Thnx Schutz. Not sure why I didnt think of that. I found all of these on wiki actually:

■Elegant Ribbon
■Flawless Ribbon
■Lamia Garland (as a latent effect)
■Merrow No.17's Locket
■Toad Mittens
■Unyielding Ring
■Volunteer's Earring

I guess I could try full timing them or at least put them on around the 60%HP mark. Another question though....can he charm multiple times? Or is it just the once at the halfway mark?
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-12-06 21:49:43  
I haven't fought that one specifically (except for back in the 75-era time) but if it is anything like any of the other attestation-NM's, they can use the "SP" abilities as many times as they want.

However, I do notice they tend to follow a pattern. Goublefaupe would do WAR > PLD > RDM then repeat if I remember correctly. Velosareon does DRK > SAM > RNG I think, then repeats. The orders might not be correct (I am trying to get them from memory) but from my experience the patterns are always identical (they always start off with the same job one, then repeat again in cycles.)

I would suspect Dagourmarche would do the same...maybe watch his SP patterns next time to see if you can predict them. If it is possible to predict them, maybe (assuming the wyvern has hate) you could run out of the range a bit during the charm SP part.

EDIT: Wiki claims his charm can go off at any time he uses a 2hr. Not sure how accurate that is still, but just have to be ready for it, perhaps. :/
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-06 22:55:16  
So, the charm effect is AoE? Any idea on the range? The whole point of the wyvern tanking is to not get hit by charm. as long as his charm range isn't more than 29'(so you can stay engaged to keep the wyvern on him) it should be avoidable.

Now, having to stay completely out of range does cause time issues. But we're pretty limited in what we can do to increase wyvern DPS.

You may have to try the fight again, and see if he charms/2hours at about the same hp%. If charm typically goes off at 50%, then get him down to near that, super jump and get as far away as you can without disengaging, til he charms. Then go back in an beat him down. You should have a little time after a 2hour before he goes again. Might be able to just kill him before he goes again.

Also, I'm really surprised a /rdm sleep landed on the avatar. <,<
By gmg123 2012-12-06 23:02:27  
It uses charm every time it uses a 2hr ability of any type. and the range of the charm aoe area is about 5-7 yalms. A mage sitting on one site of the tower, and the melee fighting in the center is out of range of the charm effect.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-06 23:29:30  
So, just stay at 10' away while the wyvern works on him. With a range of ~7' you can still spam jumps safely to increase dps.

Without knowing when he might charm, you can't really go in to DD. Which creates time issues. There's not much you can do to increase wyvern DPS though. Spirit link haste and an enspell. Use food and wear lancer body. Then any pet haste+ you can get. Although I don't think DRG can wear much. And spam Smiting breath with as much breath enhancing gear as you can. +deep breathing when it's up.
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-12-06 23:49:09  
As for resist charm gear, there is also Hearty Earring. Anyways, good luck! Think it'd be a cool fight to watch.
[+]
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-07 00:40:34  
Thx for all the tips Martel and Schutz. Im going to give it another try tomorrow. In the mean time ive been trying to get resist charm gear. I solo'd Mythril Mouth Monamaq which was a challenge itself, but fun (no drop on Volunteer's Earring).

I just picked up a Hearty Earring, thnx Shiomi.

Tomorrow I'll try the "pet tank" method and if time is starting to be an issue, I'll jump in (pardon the pun).
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-08 02:12:17  
Well good news and bad news, again. I entered the fight wearing a)elegant ribbon b) unyielding ring c) merrow #17s locket and d) hearty earring. Same strategy as before... /rdm buff with phalanx etc.

Dagourmarche 2hr'd numerous times which were all resisted by me. Unfortunatly this time my sleep II wouldnt stick at all. After 4 or 5 failed attempts to sleep the avatar I decided to just full out attack with my pet who was tanking Dagourmarche.

Astral flow did 540ish dmg followed by a wyvern breath that did 420ish dmg + melee attacks that I couldnt recover from.

Same thing as before, got him down to about 50% when I died.

Frustrating.
 Fenrir.Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2012-12-08 02:19:53  
Ah...at least it sounds like the resist set was solid. ;_;

Maybe it's time to bring in the Vile Elixirs/Dawn Mulsums/Lieutenant's Cape type potion things to see if you can ride it through (barring an unlucky sleep...maybe some all-jobs Magic Accuracy items/staff or something.) :/

Be sure to put what you are doing in /seacom, maybe. Can get some help perhaps if others in the zone were going to do it or wanted chances at attestations. Or even make a(nother) post about it here (in the server section) to generate interest.
[+]
 Cerberus.Cruxus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cruxus
By Cerberus.Cruxus 2012-12-08 02:40:01  
Like some have said, your best bet is to find a bst friend that could lend a hand. Originally when getting my test I went pup and teamed up with a bst and let pets work on him, charm was nulled since can't charm pets. As far as when I did trials, I was lucky enough to catch a small group doing them that was able to take him down quick enough to avoid charm and AF once or twice out of the pop sets.

If you still can't find a friend you can always shout in PJ and even possibly add a small reward incentive if need be.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-12-08 02:43:37  
Does it resummon the pets if you kill them? Could just take them out first if it doesn't.

Astral flow has a notable charge time. If you see it coming you can dodge it with super jump.

Alternatively, if you have to sleep the pets, /sch is an option. You'd lose phalanx/haste. But with dark arts up your Sleeps WILL land on this lvl content. Also, you can manifestation the sleep to AoE it to all pets.(You'll need dark arts and addendum: black up to get sleep/II.) Can also cast klimaform for extra dark acc, since it's always dark weather in namis.

Also, charge sublimation prefight for a full MP cure(well, depending on your race/max MP.) As an Elvaan, Sublimation cures more MP than I have. <,<

Since the resist charm set worked, you don't really need to pet tank or anything. Just sleep his pets then kick his ***. The only thing to worry about then would be the need to swap helms for healing breath.
[+]
 Hades.Xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2012-12-08 03:08:32  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Does it resummon the pets if you kill them? Could just take them out first if it doesn't.

Great question. Was wondering this myself. I'm guessing he does resummon but its not like he would do it instantly, correct? Even if I could just take down the avatar it would make the fight a lot more manageable. Then plug away at Dagourmarche, he would resummon, take down the avatar again....repeat.

Cerberus.Cruxus said: »
Like some have said, your best bet is to find a bst friend that could lend a hand. Originally when getting my test I went pup and teamed up with a bst and let pets work on him, charm was nulled since can't charm pets. As far as when I did trials, I was lucky enough to catch a small group doing them that was able to take him down quick enough to avoid charm and AF once or twice out of the pop sets.

If you still can't find a friend you can always shout in PJ and even possibly add a small reward incentive if need be.

I think its going to come to this Crux. Using a BST even to just keep the attention of the Avatar would be great. I'll give it one more try though and see what happens.
 Sylph.Kyriea
サーバ: Sylph
user: jaall
By Sylph.Kyriea 2013-01-01 15:38:27  
I'd say it's fairly impossible to solo this guy on any job other than bst. It can resummon pets, I finished my 5 kills recently and it will always resummon pets. It uses the 2 hours on a cycle too, will always be in the same order and charms whoever has hate when it uses any 2 hour.

We took a bst and a thf, let bst sic pet on Dagourmarche while we took out first avatar and hound if it was called which only saw it once. We left the wyvern alive just so that we could focus more on Dagourmarche. By the time the avatar was dead the bats pet would have enough hate for us to wail on it a bit.

When it's ready to astral flow it summons fenrir again and will use astral flow about 30 secs after, which wasn't enough time for me and a thf to kill let alone drg solo, but astral flow never really hurt much anyway. The biggest problem is the charm. Either way though, I did 5 in 1 dyna run, but I wouldn't recommend solo'ing just for the terrible fortune drop rates. Went 2 whole dyna runs without seeing 1 before deciding to take a thf, so would take forever solo unless you're very very lucky!