Rancor Collar Vs Houyi's Gorget +? -?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Rancor collar vs Houyi's gorget +? -?
Rancor collar vs Houyi's gorget +? -?
By relicme 2012-12-02 02:01:21  
Hey just wonering i see most ppl going ti rancor collar over houyi's gorget and just kind of wondering why? wouldn`t houyi's gorget be better in tp? if not tell me why?
 Shiva.Arana
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-02 02:04:07  
I suppose it would depend on if the 3 stp is going to bring down your hit build and you can't fit it into any other slot.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-12-02 02:05:07  
Rancor Collar has an added hidden affect of +5% Crit hit rate. If however the STP from Houyi's gorget is needed to hit your X-hit build (which it should never needed to be used) than thats what you use.

That is why you see so many people use Rancor Collar. However it also has a hidden affect of +10% Damage taken.

Both of the hidden stats are based off your current Tonberry Hate. If you have capped Tonberry hate you get the 5% Crit rate
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-02 02:06:43  
^That, though I kind of just assumed that everyone knew of the crit+%. :x
By relicme 2012-12-02 02:17:48  
i know about the hidden effect's whats the sTP needed for a 5 hit or 6 hit war? whats the cap for acc? cause if i can hit cap acc in tp with capped haste which is 26.1% still right?
By relicme 2012-12-02 02:20:16  
could ravager's gorget be better if i can hit haste cap acc cap ?
 Shiva.Arana
By Shiva.Arana 2012-12-02 02:21:13  
This may help you a bit.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-02 02:21:41  
relicme said: »
could ravager's gorget be better if i can hit haste cap acc cap ?

Probably still better off with 5% crit rate I'd wager.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-02 02:25:12  
relicme said: »
i know about the hidden effect's whats the sTP needed for a 5 hit or 6 hit war? whats the cap for acc? cause if i can hit cap acc in tp with capped haste which is 26.1% still right?
STP needed depends on weapon's delay. Acc cap is 95% (depends on enemy's evasion stat). Capped haste is 25% (gear often has slightly less than the advertised amount because of variables being stored as ####/1024, so you need 26% visible haste to reach actual 25%).
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-02 14:13:04  
You should never be using Houyi's Gorget on WAR, ever. Rancor Collar is the answer, unless you're fighting mobs with Critical Hit Evasion, in which case you'd either use Ravager's Gorger or Portus Collar if the STR on Ravager's isn't enough to reach the next .fSTR Tier.

Also, to answer the question on the amount of Store TP needed for a 6 Hit Build, like a previous poster said, it depends on the weapon's delay. For Ukonvasara, you'd need 14 Store TP, which should be coming from the following pieces:

Ideally:
Phorcys Salade(Store TP+5)|Armada Hauberk(Augmented with Store TP+4~6)|Rajas Ring(Store TP+5)

If you don't have Phorcys Salade:
Armada Hauberk(Augmented with Store TP+4~6)|Brutal Earring(Store TP+1)|Tyrant's Ring(Store TP+4)|Rajas Ring(Store TP+5)

If you don't have Armada Hauberk:
Phorcys Salade(Store TP+5)|Ravager's Lorica +2|(Store TP+8)|Brutal Earring(Store TP+1)

If you don't have Phorcys Salade or Armada Hauberk:
Ravager's Lorica +2(Store TP+8)|Brutal Earring(Store TP+1)|Rajas Ring(Store TP+5)
By Digg 2012-12-04 08:22:56  
http://www.heckdesigns.com/demos/ffxi-calculators/stp.php

I guess this one still is good, much faster then loading up ffxi calculator, but calculator got alot of other fancy stuff aswell.
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-12-04 09:03:12  
Haste cap is 25.6% in gear and idk about others, but i stopped doing the specific hit builds for melees a while ago. I include storeTP where it helps, but i dont really stress on it. in a perfect world where you get exactly X-TP return from said WS then do exact hits all the way to 100%, then yah, do storeTP stuff, but thats unlikely the case. with regain, and conserve TP and other various examples (especially on dual wielding jobs) its too ridiculous to get that exact build. I'm sure i'll get a few ppl who passionately disagree with me and will probly let me know, but this is just what ive experienced.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-04 09:06:17  
No one's really doing hit builds for dual wielders so I don't know why that comes into play. With the embrava nerf you're going to have to rely much more on hit builds so you should start making decent sets and not just randomly putting stp where you can.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-04 09:08:45  
Sylph.Decimus said: »
No one's really doing hit builds for dual wielders so I don't know why that comes into play. With the embrava nerf you're going to have to rely much more on hit builds so you should start making decent sets and not just randomly putting stp where you can.

I think what he means is he's choosing the best pieces for each slot based on the haste and other stats, not focussing on xhit first, since taking 1 hit or any form of regain will break your xhit anyway.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-04 09:10:06  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Sylph.Decimus said: »

I think what he means is he's choosing the best pieces for each slot based on the haste and other stats, not focussing on xhit first, since taking 1 hit or any form of regain will break your xhit anyway.

Yep
 Asura.Werdxi
サーバ: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-12-04 10:44:09  
Plus, even though i'll get a lot of loldrg comments out there, my main 2handed job is drg. jumps give you so much tp and at pretty random times, plus the tp return i get from using spirit link. i sorta just get flooded w/ tp. and my other is drk, which i have absorb tp, another random factor. so yah i use brutal, tyrants, and phorcys legs ect ect. but i dont sac good stats for a little store tp in a couple slots when it might not even matter.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-12-04 11:51:22  
Asura.Werdxi said: »
Haste cap is 25.6% in gear
This is not exactly true. Capped gear haste is 256/1024. Any piece of gear with x% haste on it is actually increasing your haste by some amount over 1024 (and because that x% doesn't always give a proper integer out of 1024, some rounding occurs). So, actual gear haste cap depends on which pieces you are using. 26% is always enough to cap you, but sometimes 25% can get you very close.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-04 12:18:02  
Keep in mind war has a pretty high ctittrate and a lot of crit damage combined with aftermath and set bonus, not taking advantage of rancor is gimping your white damage a lot.