Lvl 99 Polearm Choices, Haven't Played For 2 Years

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Lvl 99 polearm choices, haven't played for 2 years
Lvl 99 polearm choices, haven't played for 2 years
By Tokyn 2012-11-25 20:41:12  
i thought i had quit ffxi for good, but i guess i just cant stay away! i've been gone almost 2 years, and even before then i didnt have much in the way of gil or rare/ex gear

when i log back in, i'd like to know what lvl 99 polearms to aim for. as a poor drg with no desire and no ability to finish a relic, what weapon should i go for? Patientia Lance is an obvious starting point, but where do i go from there? i have narrowed it down to the following options:

- Ereptor Lance (costs only 300k, seems like it will do more dmg than Patientia, the only downside is 13tp per hit and i don't think this would be a problem for me)
- Chauve-Souris (trial of the magian Occ Att Twice polearm; not sure what path to take and where to start, is it the final form of Corsesca?)
- Nahvalr (trial of the magian polearm; again, not sure what path to take, but i think it might be Langdebeve which i got started on years ago)
- Herja's Fork (the best polearm i can hope to obtain one day, but unlikely due to the drop rate and necessity to play with a ls/large group on a regular basis, which i don't have time for these days)

any help/info/feedback is greatly appreciated! =)
By Quiznor 2012-11-25 20:44:14  
Mythic =)
By Tokyn 2012-11-25 20:47:28  
mythic/empyrean are out of the question if they take even a fraction of the time/money as a relic requires. i'm pretty much asking "what is the best polearm of the 3 or 4 listed above?"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-25 20:48:05  
Check here, you'll find some decent info.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34533/so-many-polearms-oo/
By Tokyn 2012-11-25 20:54:40  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

thanks. i did check that thread before posting but i figured it was geared toward someone who was actually considering ryunohige/gungnir, which i am not. what i take away from that thread is that Chauve-Souris (OAT polearm) > Herja's Fork due to it being cheaper and quicker. is Chauve-Souris with its low base dmg better than a str/atk Nahvalr?
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-11-25 21:09:30  
Tokyn said: »

thanks. i did check that thread before posting but i figured it was geared toward someone who was actually considering ryunohige/gungnir, which i am not. what i take away from that thread is that Chauve-Souris (OAT polearm) > Herja's Fork due to it being cheaper and quicker. is Chauve-Souris with its low base dmg better than a str/atk Nahvalr?

The OAT effect can trigger during jumps, including Spirit/Soul Jump. In those cases, each additional hit on the jump gets the bonus TP from Spirit/Soul. OAT Chauve-Souris effectively turns Spirit and Soul Jump into SAM-main Meditates that do four digits of damage.

EDIT: Also, your go-to WS will be Stardiver, which has a 100% STR mod. The low base damage on C-S won't make nearly as much of a dent in your WS damage as you might have expected in the past.
By Tokyn 2012-11-25 21:19:05  
ScaevolaBahamut said: »
Tokyn said: »

The OAT effect can trigger during jumps, including Spirit/Soul Jump. In those cases, each additional hit on the jump gets the bonus TP from Spirit/Soul. OAT Chauve-Souris effectively turns Spirit and Soul Jump into SAM-main Meditates that do four digits of damage.

EDIT: Also, your go-to WS will be Stardiver, which has a 100% STR mod. The low base damage on C-S won't make nearly as much of a dent in your WS damage as you might have expected in the past.

thank you for the detailed explanation! looks like the OAT polearm will be my end-game :) does it take an obnoxiously long time to complete? (for someone who has never attempted a relic)
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-11-25 21:27:17  
Well, compared to THAT, it's a breeze. It'll still take some time. Expect to spend a couple million on the last couple stages, start doing Bastion when you have free time, and as I understand it Patienta is a good go-to while you work on it.

Getting your baby blobs will be the hardest part. Bring a THF.