New Items
users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Problem with Gearcollector
Problem with Gearcollector
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-11-18 16:45:08  
FYI I tried asking this in the random question thread first but got no answer so trying here.

I've been using gearcollector for a while and recently tried to change my settings to have it access my storage and mog satchel. Here is my settings xml.

Whenever I run gearcollector I still get:

Starting Collection. Safe [ON] Locker [ON] Satchel [OFF] Sack [OFF] Storage [OFF]

I've tried unloading and reloading the plugin but doesn't help. Any suggestions?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-18 17:20:21  
I can't see what the problem would be.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2012-11-18 17:40:51  
the only things i see that are different from my old one is the
Code
<openStorage>false</openStorage>
<debugMode>false</debugMode>

maybe try taking those two things out and see if that makes any difference.

This is my old one ->
Code
<global>
		<blockKeyboard>false</blockKeyboard>
		<blockMouse>false</blockMouse>
		<useSafe>true</useSafe>
		<useLocker>true</useLocker>
		<useSatchel>true</useSatchel>
		<useSack>true</useSack>
		<useStorage>false</useStorage>
		<autoHeal>true</autoHeal>
		<itemDelay>500</itemDelay>
	</global>

Just a suggestion, doesn't mean it'll work, but cant hurt to try :)
also if i'm not mistaken, I wouldnt use <useStorage> unless you're specifically in your home nation... it might cause errors...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-18 17:42:44  
This is mine that works right now:
http://pastebin.com/463NfUtL

I'd just try setting useStorage to false and see what happens. I don't think many people use Storage.
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-11-18 18:54:13  
Neither solution fixed it :/ I was going to use storage b/c I always change jobs in home nation. I copy/paste Byrth's xml and replace mine with it and end up with same results. I also tried deleting my .dll and redownloading and results in no change. Not using satchel/storage not the end of the world I guess but would be nice to have.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2012-11-19 09:36:51  
Make sure to check your XMLs(Can also check your Global.xml to make sure there was no change there either) to be sure there's not conflicting statements, i.e you're telling it here to use everything and there it's saying not to etc.
also you should be saving it after every change, even when you change something very small so that you can monitor for bugs etc. The only thing I can think of doing right this very moment would be to delete your settings file and remake a new one calling it "GearCollector" in the settings folder, and copy paste the version that Lakshmi.Byrth has pastebined

To me the whole thing sounds like a bug with the settings. If what i just suggested fixes it awesome, if not, you'll have to submit a bug problem to Windower, as that's the fastest way(that i know of) for them to see problems and be able to fix it if it's their side.
(I'm just quoting this for the sake of doing so...)
Quote:
File Name: GearCollector
File Submitted: 30 Nov 2011
File Updated: 30 Sep 2012
File Category: Windower Plugins

GearCollector will automatically collect gear based on a spellcast profile. Any gear not found in that profile will be stored automatically. Make sure to extract the entire zip into your plugins folder.

GearCollector is case-sensitive, make sure your xml tags and attributes are all in lower case, and that your item names exactly match the name you see in your inventory.

The settings file found in plugins/settings/GearCollector.xml configures the available options and storage sources.

To use:
Put global.xml in windower\plugins\spellcast
Be in your mog house
use //gc <job>[/subjob] [group1] [group2] ... [groupN] to start collecting gear.
//gc stop will stop the collection process
The subjob and group arguments are optional. If groups are specified, only gear belonging to those groups will be collected. If no groups are specified, all gear for that profile will be collected.

For example:
//gc whm will collect all gear for whm
//gc whm healing will only collect the group "healing"
 Bahamut.Tokidoki
By Bahamut.Tokidoki 2012-11-21 12:06:49  
An update for anyone reading this thread in hopes that it will solve their GC issue. I did resolve the problem realizing that my settings file (gearcollector.xml) was in the wrong location. I had it in:

windower\plugins\gearcollector\settings\gearcollector.xml

when in fact it should have been in:

windower\plugins\setting\gearcollector.xml

Just a derpy mistake. But anyhow thank you to Ciecle and Byrth for attempting to help me.
 Valefor.Clairefox
サーバ: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-12-10 11:36:56  
Anyone else having a problem with Gearcollector's Global file not ignoring items? I have it in there to not remove things like warp scrolls and RR scrolls and similar items from my main inventory. It's not catching any of it :/
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-10 13:21:43  
The <!-- and --> make the text green in an xml doc and thus make it be ignored by the files. change the <!-- to < and the --> to > and you'll be good.

Edited for clarifiation. See below. Note the colors.
Code xml
<global>
    <include>

</include>
    <ignore>
        <!--Items with no ID DO NOT REMOVE--><item id = "0"/>
        <!--Gil DO NOT REMOVE --><item id = "65535"/>
        <!--Linkshell/Pearls/Sacks DO NOT REMOVE --><item id = "512"/><item id = "513"/><item id = "514"/><item id = "515"/><item id = "516"/><item id = "517"/><item id = "518"/><item id = "519"/><item id = "520"/><item id = "521"/><item id = "522"/><item id = "523"/><item id = "524"/><item id = "525"/><item id = "526"/><item id = "527"/><item id = "528"/>
        <!--Maze Tabula R01 --><item id = "28672"/>
        <!--Maze Tabula R02 --><item id = "28705"/>
        <!--Maze Tabula R03 --><item id = "28706"/>

<!--Add your own ID's here--><!-- <item id = ""/> -->
        <Warp Scrolls/Items--><item id = "4181"/><item id = "17040"/><item id = "17587"/>
        <Reraise Scrolls/Items--><item id = "4182"/><item id = "14790"/><item id = "13171"/><item id = "15211"/>
        <Forbidden Keys--><item id = "2490"/>
        <Echo Drops--><item id = "4151"/>
        <Elemental Obi's--><item id = "15442"/><item id = "15441"/><item id = "15439"/><item id = "15436"/><item id = "15435"/><item id = "15437"/><item id = "15440"/><item id = "15438"/>
    </ignore>
</global>
 Valefor.Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-12-10 13:48:23  
no those are supposed to be just text comments in the document. it's all the stuff after that that is not green that is not getting run somehow.

Edit: I've written a lot of spellcast xml's and understand what is and what is not a comment. I just don't understand why GearCollector has 2 xml files in the settings folder if it's not going to use one of them. I'm just going to add the <ignore> section into the main xml to see if that works..
I just didn't use the right code tag for the colors to show up :/
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-10 14:34:56  
Have you noticed that they're between <ignore> </ignore> tags?

...Nevermind, that probably means "ignore these in my inventory"

I don't really know then. I've never tried to modify global.xml that way.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-10 15:02:29  
Valefor.Clairefox said: »
no those are supposed to be just text comments in the document. it's all the stuff after that that is not green that is not getting run somehow.

Edit: I've written a lot of spellcast xml's and understand what is and what is not a comment. I just don't understand why GearCollector has 2 xml files in the settings folder if it's not going to use one of them. I'm just going to add the <ignore> section into the main xml to see if that works..
I just didn't use the right code tag for the colors to show up :/

I'll test it I guess. Mine seems to work though.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-10 15:04:32  
His is correct. You've turned them into elements when they were meant to be comments as the markup in his code blocks shows.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-10 15:05:11  
Yeah, I just noticed. ^^;
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-10 15:26:38  
kk, did some testing and mine works fine, even using your xml file, so I think perhaps the issue is placement. Is your global.xml in your spellcast folder?
 Valefor.Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-12-10 15:42:40  
It is now <3 Thanks lol. Here's what happened, Once upon a long time ago i copied Global into spellcast folder BUT didn't add teh warp scroll items, etc, into it (was just base copy). Then I forgot about the one in spellcast folder and got all weirded out "why u no work?!" ^_^ all fixed now <3 ty lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-12-10 15:58:45  
Ah cool, sorry about the confusion on those tags. I scanned everything too fast and didn't realize what it was saying.