users online
フォーラム » Windower » Support » Windower Application Error
Windower Application Error
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-11-17 22:16:27  
So everytime I hit play and it loads the game and all the plugins start loading I get this error.

I assume it is coming form a registry error because when I went into advanced GUI for the launcher and changed some things up the instruction at changed. Can anyone help me out?
Code
#Windower 3.3 Config File
#Final Fantasy XI window resolution
x-resolution = 800
y-resolution = 600
#PlayOnlineViewer Language (JP, US, or EU)
language = US
#Windower Console Key
console-key = insert
#------------Registry Settings For GUI Launcher-------
#all commands for gui must start with #
#commands prefixed with / will be ignored
#background-x = 1280
#background-y = 1024
#enviro-animation = -1
#texture-compression = -1
#mipmaps = 0
#maxsounds = 0

I'd like to be able to play the game at max settings. Any help would be great!
By Xenshi 2012-11-17 22:37:53  
Is it a new PC? I used to have that happen on a few games also and found out from the company that built it that it was more than likely a problem caused by out of date drivers. If it is new try updating your drivers.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-11-17 22:41:42  
Yes, new PC. All my drivers are up to date, first thing I did when I installed OS.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-11-17 22:46:24  
could be all kinds of possible issues.

new PC as in what exactly, did you build it, did someone like Dell make it. if you built it, i'm assuming you did your homework and knew what you were doing?

those terminating errors in some cases point to hardware trouble shooting, and can be memory related base on what its saying, need more info on your machine
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2012-11-17 22:47:21  
otherwise, you can always reinstall, etc
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-11-17 22:51:00  
0x00000000 not being found in memory addresses tends to be a bad link in your registry. There is next to no way to know what is missing or pointing to the wrong location. Not just with FFXI, but with any software getting that error, most the time you need to reinstall the problem software.

But from that pic alone it's hard to tell what is causing the problem. It could be many things linked to POL.exe including graphics, chipsets, IDE/SATA/RAID drivers, windower, ... many things :\
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-17 22:51:30  
This really seems to be the day for windower failures. I'm slightly scared!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-11-17 22:56:08  
New PC, I built it, had a friend who builds computers for a living help. So what I'm hearing is... just re-install FFXI?

I don't think it's FFXI that has the problem. I'm almost entirely sure it's Windower. I ran FFXI through Steam with no problem at all, and when I went to run it with windower it keeps crashing.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-11-17 23:06:39  
This is what I am running with.

Hard Drive
Mother Board
Video Card
Memory
Processor
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-11-17 23:43:56  
Something I missed on your first post but saw in your recent post and I'm convinced that's your problem now most likely. Steam and FFXI hate each other when used with Windower on some systems. Most people opt to download a torrent with FFXI and not use Steam at all.

Few Windower threads I did using Google just now;

http://forums.windower.net/topic/19562-windower-steam/
http://forums.windower.net/topic/19601-windower-on-steam/

If you can't fix it with Steam, I'd highly recommend just uninstalling the Steam version of it, and then finding a torrent of the FFXI DVD and installing it that way. You don't need CD keys or such -- just an active account which you already have.

Info on that here:
http://tehkrizz.net/FFXI/downloads.php
or
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/99953-All-Final-Fantasy-XI-PC-Updates-amp-PS2-Disc-Backups
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-11-17 23:45:21  
Also make sure you are using the correct file permission settings on Windower's launcher files. Easiest way to tell someone how to do that is "Run As Admin" though not the proper way to do it ;)
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2012-11-17 23:51:12  
Redownloading it atm with Steam... if that doesn't work I'll torrent it... but I think I'm more than likely going to just buy Windows 7 tomorrow. I don't even know why I bothered with Vista. Haven't bought a Optical Drive yet so not sure how I'm going up upload it. Only reason I did Vista was because I have a flash drive for it.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-11-18 00:05:09  
One of those threads say "Install FFXI in Steam, and run it through Steam as normal" not using Windower. Let it load up completely, get into the game, then /logout normally. Then try with Windower's launcher.exe (running as Admin). You can edit that launcher.ini file for your settings manually if the Launcher_gui doesn't work.