Debating Coming Back Before Seekers Launches.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » Debating coming back before Seekers launches.
Debating coming back before Seekers launches.
First Page 2
 Lakshmi.Tir
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Shinji
By Lakshmi.Tir 2012-10-25 20:21:14  
Things to note: I'm lazy, poor, and have crap gear for mage jobs leveled, no EMPs, and usually main THF or DRG. What are my chances of successfully reintegrating back into gen pop?
 Lakshmi.Nou
user: Zebadiah
By Lakshmi.Nou 2012-10-25 20:23:11  
You should just rob a convenience store and go back to jail. You won't be able to adjust to society.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2012-10-25 20:26:13  
there people you know that still play?

I'd say go for it, but only if you want to play, it really boils down to: will you have fun?

y/n?

then that will answer your question.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-25 20:27:35  
Zero.
 Carbuncle.Veteran
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: veteran
By Carbuncle.Veteran 2012-10-25 20:28:54  
Solo? No.

Dualboxing an augmented WHM? Maybe.

Got a group willing to help you? Most definitely.

Willing to change server? think about Carbuncle.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-10-25 20:31:16  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Zero.

QFT
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2012-10-25 20:34:11  
Just wait till Seekers, the game is dead and unless you like 2boxing Abyssea by yourself you'll be better served reintegrating with the people who come back after Seekers.

If you have friends in game then by all means come back now.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-25 20:40:33  
Drg is certainly more accepted now than it ever has been though getting it to that point does require much work. Thf and Drg are both good at soloing(depending on event) so you're sure to be able to do stuff on your own if you need to.

Game is easier to get in to now than it has been for a long time, you can shout to do most things but having a close group makes the game so much more fun, making gil is strikingly easy now though SE seems to be working hard to change that lately...

Other than that, basically what Jet said. If you have fun in the game, then play, if you don't then it's just a hanging obligation and a waste of time and money.

Only reasons I'm not playing right now is cause work has kept me busy most of my friends are taking a break and I'm absolutely flat broke.
 Valefor.Sapphire
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-10-25 21:35:20  
Your THF would probably have the best chance of finding stuff to do since there are occasional shouts where people do abyssea seals/+2 still and want TH. Through just being a helpful person on THF you could probably find at least a social LS without much trouble.
If you work on your THF you could also solo dynamis and get some income too.

A non empy drg is pretty much useless unless you love the job and soloing.

Your enjoyment of coming back to the game will largely depend on what goals you have. If you are terribly behind the curve on gear/atma/etc and cant do the things you like to do because they require an active LS, then ffxi will be a very boring place for you until you find a way to address that.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-10-26 00:57:45  
Considering most people on our server dual or tri box nowadays, and most people have moved on from the WHM boom to now getting their alts done up as TH slaves... The odds aren't too high unless you have a LS or pals waiting to play with you. Most people I've run into playing still at this time are busy prepping in advance for SoA, so there's varying degrees of social stigma as to how you would work out with all that you've laid out in your post up top. Pickup DDs are usually expected to have Relic or Emp from the shouts I've seen lately on Lak, due to the ease of obtaining them nowadays, and mages depends if people are too lazy to dual their pocket mages or not, depending on alternatives.

There's always SOCIAL LS shouting and trying to recruit people, if you're looking to slowly branch your way into things? Could do a bit of Devil's Advocate and suggest going to Carbuncle as well, as it sounds like a bit of a proposition from Veteran's post.

I'd also advise not coming back until a year or two into SoA, based on SE's track record with the past few expansions of having to develop most of it after release, leaving us with basically daily grinds to keep us occupied. Sure, you'd have new jobs to mess with and some new maps with new content, but it'll be like Campaign Battle or Assaults all over again while they slowly work on storyline and later maps / events to add in.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rekin
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Rekin 2012-10-26 01:22:24  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
A non empy drg is pretty much useless unless you love the job and soloing.
you don't think a drg with a powerful magian trial done spamming stardiver wouldn't be a decent dd in endgame events?
Not on anything that matters. I.E. Ig-alima/rex, PW, Odin v.2, PW, Legion, meebles, Nyzul 2.0.

Not even -25% def down angons with relic makes it worth any decent sam/drk with a good wep and merited ws. Doesn't even come close to mediocre ukkos war.
 Lakshmi.Tir
user: Shinji
By Lakshmi.Tir 2012-10-26 02:20:33  
Alright, thanks guys I've reached a decision.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2012-10-26 03:34:09  
Love your Suikoden avatar. *looks over to the left*

After looking at your character info scanned 7 months ago, you're not doing poorly at all. I think there is plenty left for you to do though with storyline and trying out new jobs. A lot of it would be missions and storyline. I see you completed WotG and ToAU at least. I'd think that you could use the search feature on this site and make some low-man group friends to complete the rest. Pet jobs rock at missions. BST and SMN for sure. Not sure how DRG would fare, but it would be something to do.

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
I'd also advise not coming back until a year or two into SoA, based on SE's track record with the past few expansions of having to develop most of it after release, leaving us with basically daily grinds to keep us occupied. Sure, you'd have new jobs to mess with and some new maps with new content, but it'll be like Campaign Battle or Assaults all over again while they slowly work on storyline and later maps / events to add in.

Buckets of this. It's not a guess to say that it will be two years before the content is on par with how the game used to feel. Back then it used to be:
"Okay. I am at point A. I need to get to point Z. I can see the 24 things in between and have an idea of what it is I'll be going through and the time it will take."

Most likely with how they went about their previous expansions, it was more like:
"Okay. I'm excited! New expansion. *shells out money* *waits through updates*. Okay. Seems that people start out at point A. From what I'm hearing from linkshell and from forums... OH FOR FU**S SAKE! You mean I can only go from point A to point D now and have to wait (and pay) for three months before they even begin to release info about points E through H... and those won't even come out until 2 months after they're announced???"

(At least that's how I remember Wings of The Goddess being).

aka this:

...while they milk a few more billing cycles.

Only this time, instead of a variety of party play chances during those months to get used to know the new jobs while waiting for storyline content... now nearly everyone will have both new jobs to 99 in a week (and many /way/ less than that) and yeah.

Sorry. Got off topic. I just liked that quote up there so well.

Back on topic with the original post: Unless you have friends that still play, I'd suggest you wait a while. I'm going to level up real life for a bit. Ten years of sitting in front of a computer moniter isn't exactly healthy for your body or financial stuff. Well, for mine anyway. (^_^)

Edit* You already decided. Sorry for topic bump.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-26 05:28:00  
I'd say it's worth coming back to gear up and be ready for new stuff from the new expansion.
 Titan.Method
サーバ: Titan
user: Method
By Titan.Method 2012-10-26 06:16:29  
I have been contemplating coming back and trying this game again. It has been several years since I have played,so I'm sure it will almost be like never playing before.

I understand alot has changed in this game since I left..hell I never hit level 75 before I quit.My question would be only this. Is it realistic to start all over,and be able to get a decent amount of things accomplished,even though you no longer know anyone that plays this anymore? I have a few struggles in my life,and back when I played before..this game kept me from them.
 Valefor.Altheav
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-10-26 06:32:38  
It's incredibly easy to level these days, so starting over from scratch wouldn't be too painful. Here's a post I wrote recently about how leveling works now. Also, at 99 a good portion of missions can be soloed, so that would keep you busy as well.

The best gear does come from endgame events that require a full party or an alliance, but one of those events (Voidwatch) is shout-group friendly, so you wouldn't necessarily need a LS or static for it. Also, you can get some decent gear from Abyssea to tide you over until you get the better stuff, and a lot of Abyssea NMs can be done solo/low-man.
[+]
 Titan.Method
By Titan.Method 2012-10-27 21:03:00  
Altheav maybe you could answer this question. I have my old disc for 360.I uninstalled the game long ago,but no longer have my manual that had all registration codes. Now I am ok with starting over,as I don't remember my old info anyway. Any idea if I could purchase another registration code? I can't get any further with the installation.
 Valefor.Altheav
user: altheav
By Valefor.Altheav 2012-10-27 21:10:38  
I'm not 100% positive on this, but I think registration codes from any version of the game would work. In other words, you could purchase the game on Steam (usually the cheapest way to get it) and use those registration codes on the Xbox 360. I believe Steam has had it on sale for as little as $5 from time to time.

edit: Currently 13.99 through the official site.
[+]
 Titan.Method
By Titan.Method 2012-10-27 21:13:00  
Ok,I will try that. $13.99 don't sound to bad,if it works. Thanks Altheav.
 Lakshmi.Shyao
user: Shyao
By Lakshmi.Shyao 2012-11-03 20:38:11  
You have a perfectly capable linkshell of annoying retards to come back to.

But DRG is still totally useless unless Ryunohige is involved, ohohoho
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-03 20:39:46  
I took october off, reactivated and theres absolutely nothing to do ><
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-03 20:49:02  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

This was true in May.
By Quiznor 2012-11-03 20:51:07  

Thats what happens when you finish your mythic and then suddenly.............nothing
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-03 20:52:58  
Quiznor said: »

Thats what happens when you finish your mythic and then suddenly.............nothing

pretty much, im half done currency-wise for a relic, but dynamis is so boring i can't even do it.
 Leviathan.Lunarvega
By Leviathan.Lunarvega 2012-11-03 21:02:00  
Have fun trying new jobs ??? I need someone to duel with
By Vijara 2012-11-04 00:50:01  
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Just wait till Seekers, the game is dead and unless you like 2boxing Abyssea by yourself you'll be better served reintegrating with the people who come back after Seekers.

Nobody does Abyssea anymore.
 Valefor.Sapphire
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-04 01:43:50  
Vijara said: »
Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

Nobody does Abyssea anymore.

Random people doing abyssea NMs/seal parties? Yeah not really like when it was more popular unless someone needs a whm/thf/blm.

However when the game is 'dead' like this, its a great time to make your 2nd, 3rd, 4th empyrean with little to no competition. Noone all over your butt camping the same NMs you need.

People mainly just go to abyssea with their friends to empyrean farm/aby burn jobs to 99 cause they are bored, or 2box stuff.

All that being said, I wouldnt touch this game unless you can solo/2box and enjoy that, or have friends to hang out with to keep you occupied.
By Vijara 2012-11-04 01:54:18  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
However when the game is 'dead' like this, its a great time to make your 2nd, 3rd, 4th empyrean with little to no competition. Noone all over your butt camping the same NMs you need.

This, in my opinion, is exactly what's wrong with this game. Instead of making a 3rd/4th 90 emp. weapon, you should be focusing on completing your current ones. To many people are perfectly content with gimp weapons. The current end game content it's designed for level 99 weapons. People *** that it's to hard but meanwhile they're gimp and then proceed to blame SE for failing at all new content. It's not 100% SE that's killing this game. The player base being content with sub-par weapons and gear then can't proceed past new end game content is also to blame. It's a vicious cycle that has already spun out of control in my opinion.

Edit: This goes for people with 95 relics too.
[+]
First Page 2