フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Shout Out to Guildwork
Shout Out to Guildwork
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2012-10-23 14:12:51  
I have mentioned this in another thread.

Quote:
I have been developing a stream server and the shout page is using it. Before, I just did polling to check for updates. It takes advantage of websockets and xhr-polling(long polling), those are the only 2 transports I'm using atm. So basically when new shouts come in, I can push it immediately, instead of wait 60 seconds (or whatever the poll interval is set at).

In addition to this, I have a timer on the shout page to let the user know when the latest shout data was pushed. If the timer gets too high, which would indicate a problem, I will have it automatically refresh the page. Feel free to let me know if something isn't working. I am still polishing the stream server and once it's squeaking, I hope to use it on other aspects of the site.

The shout page gets alot of traffic, there are an average of 750 people viewing at the same time. It would not be possible without http://guildwork.com. Drop the site some love and consider hosting your guild or checking out premium membership. They give back in the form of shouts, accelerated profile updates, http://ffxidb.com/, and a ton of free services (with more to come) for the entire community.

Or just PM Stan and say thanks. I get people thanking me all the time for FFXIAH, it's heart warming and motivating. This post is my thanks to him.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-23 14:24:48  
Thank you both Scragg and Stan for giving the FFXI community a place to gather, discuss, and giving us the tools to enhance our gaming experience.

Without either of you FFXI would be incredibly dull, in my opinion anyways.

Same goes for the Windower and FFXIDB people.
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2012-10-23 14:37:49  
I can honestly say I've been more excited about the developments here at FFXIAH, Guildwork, and FFXIDB than actual in game content. It goes without saying that the community thanks you all for your work in keeping FFXI interesting and accessible to this community.

Scragg, Jaerik, Cliff, Stan, Aureus, and anyone else behind the scenes that I missed:

THANK YOU
[+]
 Cerberus.Halticus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2012-10-23 15:17:18  
What you gentlemen have contributed to the FFXI/FFXIV player base is nothing short of incredible and have obviously made our playing experience much more enjoyable as a whole with the development tools you have provided, and for that, I say thank you. Nothing better then in a vehicle on the road at work and can see what is going on in game via AH/Shouts. While we are working hard in game, some people may not realize you guys are working hard behind the scenes to make their gaming experience more convenient. Keep doing what you guys do! Hats off!
[+]
 Bahamut.Princessbubbles
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Princessbubbles 2012-10-23 16:43:07  
Love GW and this site, keep up the good work <3
 Sylph.Liltrouble
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-10-23 17:03:44  
I love GW as a resource tool to connect with people that enjoy the game. "We" have a premium account hosting our linkshell page. I say "we" because our linkshell members contribute to paying for it. It's a modest enough fee that it isn't much of an issue at all.
I promote GW as much as possible, on facebook, twitter, etc. and encourage others to do so as well. I also recommend (strongly) all LS's to use the premium accounts for their websites as well.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2012-10-23 17:56:51  
As usual, kudos to Stan & Scragg! :)
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-10-23 19:17:48  
Keep up the awesome work guys :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-10-23 20:55:41  
I love guildwork premium. Live shouts are especially fun when someone shouts in their mog house alone with the client on.