2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Smithing » Smithing Question
Smithing Question
By Avitori 2012-10-19 15:09:25  
I have a GP item question. What is the best way to get this:

...and this:

My Smithing will be lv 71, and I will be taking it to 100, same with goldsmithing to lv 70. Basically my question is, do I have to stop leveling Smithing to get the glasses or can I just switch guilds with a level 70 Goldsmithing sub and get them?

Thanks in advance. ∩( ・ω・)∩
 Bismarck.Samusaki
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2012-10-19 15:31:38  
When you switch guilds, any guild points you currently have, will be lost with that guild. You can still level smithing even if you are active with the goldsmithing guild.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2012-10-19 15:33:09  
Bismarck.Samusaki said: »
When you switch guilds, any guild points you currently have, will be lost with that guild. You can still level smithing even if you are active with the goldsmithing guild.

this was changed in a recent update. point are now retained but you can only switch guilds once per day, and when you do you cannot turn in anymore points until the next day after switching.

edit: and to answer your question OP, you can get the glasses with a level 70 sub. aprons require level 78 in that craft.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Samusaki
user: Samusaki
By Bismarck.Samusaki 2012-10-19 15:37:28  
Thank you for the information. I didn't realize they actually made something easier in an update. lol It's been a while since I got my crafting gear. I wish they had that when I was leveling my crafts.
By Avitori 2012-10-19 15:37:41  
Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
Bismarck.Samusaki said: »

this was changed in a recent update. point are now retained but you can only switch guilds once per day, and when you do you cannot turn in anymore points until the next day after switching.

edit: and to answer your question OP, you can get the glasses with a level 70 sub. aprons require level 78 in that craft.

Points are retained now? That's great news, I can understand why there would be a one day limit as people would just switch everyday to hand in GP but otherwise I am glad to hear that.

I think I phrased my question a bit weird, but I think this is sufficient. Thanks. ヽ(^。^)丿

Post deleted by User.
By Avitori 2012-10-19 15:39:07  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
The best way to get those items is to start building Guild points asap and there is a tiny trick you can use when you start to help you out.

Check what item they require for your rank and for the rank above you. If by chance the lame *** craftsman request is worth 1k points and the Artisan request item is worth 7k points, then do the trade in to rank up your goldsmithing rank just to trade the higher rank item for guild points that day instead.

You can always revert it back at any time you want to anyway and even if you rank up you can trade items for guild points right away.

Thanks, that is a good tip.
 Bismarck.Hsieh
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2012-10-19 15:43:09  
Can get GPs for either guild even you switch back and forth. You will be ineligible to turn in GP for the new guild that day.
By Avitori 2012-10-19 15:47:40  
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »
Can get GPs for either guild even you switch back and forth. You will be ineligible to turn in GP for the new guild that day.

Really? I'm gunna have to try it out and see.

Okay, one more question. My woodworking is lv 77 but I want it to go back down to lv 70. Is there an NPC I talk to to do that? I'm assuming it is the one in the Woodworking guild right?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-10-19 15:57:12  
Carbuncle.Josiahfk said: »
Avitori said: »
Bismarck.Hsieh said: »

Really? I'm gunna have to try it out and see.

Okay, one more question. My woodworking is lv 77 but I want it to go back down to lv 70. Is there an NPC I talk to to do that? I'm assuming it is the one in the Woodworking guild right?
currently you head to any craft you have above 70 and talk to the guild leader. He/she will say "I noticed your mind is full of too many crafts. would you like us to delvl everything to 70 but my craft?"

so you'd go to the craft which you want to remain high. SE mentioned that soon they will let that guild leader choose exactly which crafts to delvl you want to 70 but I don't think it's implimented yet.

Yep, got it thanks ^^

Laughed at the red part, lol.

Edit: He let me choose which craft I wanted to keep, for anyone who is curious. Gave me a choice between smithing and woodworking.
[+]