Skilling Up Lv47 To 88.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Fishing » Skilling up Lv47 to 88.
Skilling up Lv47 to 88.
 Shiva.Kingafk
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Papasmurf
By Shiva.Kingafk 2012-10-16 13:21:32  
Currently Lv47 with a goal of getting Lv88 for Ebisu Rod. I have Lu Shang's Rod and Pelican Ring x2.

I reviewed the guide at http://www.finalfishing.com/Guide.aspx and I have surfed the forums a bit but then decided I should ask the people who have traveled the path before me. I remember leveling Goldsmithing to 100 and looking at guides that were not very useful once I reflected back on them (there wasn't many as I hit 100 in 2005/06ish) but the best advice came from my peers.

What is the best path for skilling up 47 to 88?
I plan to only skill up and do guild points everyday for a while.

Thanks a ton for feedback!
By Avitori 2012-10-16 14:00:53  
Some options are: (assuming you have Lu Shangs)

Nashmau Robber rig Istiridye (This is the shall shell equivalent which can be found in buburimu peninsula or Valkurm Dunes) by the docks until level 56ish. I personally did Shall Shells in buburimu until they capped, but that was only because I couldn't stand Nashmmau's dreariness, and I think a beach is nicer to stare at.

One thing you should know about fishing is you don't need to be anywhere near the level of fish you are trying to catch, which is why people reccommend Nashmau all the way from 0-90 just for simplicity. Shall shells are level 56 fish and with a lu shangs they are not all that hard to pull up and you can expect an average of 2 skill ups a day without rings. You could catch Black sole which are level 96 cap around level 30 fishing if you felt like it.

Anyways, from there you can use a shrimp lure in Nashmau and skill up off of Ahtapots(Grimmonite equivalent I think) and Mercanbaligi (Bastore bream). I personally stopped at lv 85ish and did Black sole to 96, Armored pisces to 107, Cave cherax to 110, assuming you will eventually want to cap.

Basically, there are many options out there as it doesn't really matter what you fish. Black sole NPC for 700 gil each and can be nice gil on the side while you skill up as I believe it turns out to be around 180k if you fish to cap. Leveling my mule atm and I will probably send here there around lv 30.

tl;dr

Lazy and simple way:
Nashmau 4 lyfe. Robber rig Istiridye to 56, shrimp lure to 90ish on Ahtapots/Mercs

Edit: This is a very good fishing resource and I use it almost daily: http://www.great-blue.jp/?lng=en

Back to studying (`・ω・´)”
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-16 15:34:25  
Simplest/most gil-heavy answer would be starting on black sole or dil now and riding it to 88.

If you wish to take the lazy man's route, you can catch black sole with a sinking minnow right in port jeuno.

This assumes that fishing 8ish hours a day to hit 200 fish is... not a factor.

It is worth noting you can get an Ebisu at skill level 78 if you wish to do so.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-16 15:44:28  
Dunno why you'd fish in Nashmau, a Shrimp Lure in Talacca Cove hooks both Ahtapots and Mercanbaligi with the additional bonus of Dil. There's no need to skill to 56 off Istiridye, you can definitely do the cove as early as the mid-20s and probably from 0. If you don't have Ebisu by the mid-80s, you can switch to Armored Pisces from there.
By Avitori 2012-10-16 15:46:47  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Dunno why you'd fish in Nashmau, a Shrimp Lure in Talacca Cove hooks both Ahtapots and Mercanbaligi with the additional bonus of Dil. There's no need to skill to 56 off Istiridye, you can definitely do the cove as early as the mid-20s and probably from 0.

Why would you fish there when Nashmau is closer and easier to get to, not to mention there is an NPC right behind you to sell your fish...
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-16 15:47:43  
Why would you fish either place when you don't have to leave port jeuno?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-10-16 15:50:27  
Fishing is an adventure to explore parts of the land you would have overlooked before. Fishing in the same area everyday all day would be so incredibly boring for me.

For me anyways~ maybe the rest of you just like standing in the same spot all day >.>
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-16 15:51:17  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Fishing is an adventure to explore parts of the land you would have overlooked before.

lol

Fishing is what you do before bed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-16 15:54:01  
Avitori said: »
Dunno why you'd fish in Nashmau, a Shrimp Lure in Talacca Cove hooks both Ahtapots and Mercanbaligi with the additional bonus of Dil. There's no need to skill to 56 off Istiridye, you can definitely do the cove as early as the mid-20s and probably from 0.

Why would you fish there when Nashmau is closer and easier to get to, not to mention there is an NPC right behind you to sell your fish...
Better total bite rate, more stackable fish, slightly better gil return off Dil too iirc. It's only two minutes walk from Nashmau.

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
More bites, faster skillups, get Ebisu sooner. There's several ways to warp to Nashmau now, traveling isn't an issue anymore.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-16 15:55:01  
More bites, faster skillups, get Ebisu sooner. There's several ways to warp to Nashmau now, traveling isn't an issue anymore.

As long as time(per day/night) isn't an issue, 200 fish/night is 200 fish/night.

I believe 200 black sole will give you the highest gil total out of all possible options, aside from tying with isolating dil.
 Asura.Ekotren
サーバ: Asura
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-10-16 15:55:18  
78 for Ebisu, not 88. Adept is required not veteran.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-16 16:01:06  

As long as time(per day/night) isn't an issue, 200 fish is 200 fish.

I believe 200 black sole will give you the highest gil total out of all possible options, aside from tying with isolating dil.
If you actually have that kind of time to sit and fish then by all means knock yourself out. If you're comfortable with botting overnight... probably not that much different now that nobody uses airships I guess.

Isolating Sole/Dil would indeed be the most profitable option mentioned thus far.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-16 16:04:48  
If you're comfortable with botting overnight...

I'm operating under the assumption that any reasonable person who intended to benefit in any significant manner from Ebisu would be. Let's just say that if you are pursuing an Ebisu in 2012, the odds are very good you are not doing it for Kali's reasons.

OP, if, contrary to your name, this is not the case, please disregard my advice in favor of more standard skillup routes.

Also, on a personal note, for my ebisu, I waited until around 70 to start collecting GP for Serpent Rumors, and I wasn't able to get ebisu until long after I had reached 78. If you are not collecting GP, I would suggest beginning as soon as possible.
 Carbuncle.Templite
user: Template
By Carbuncle.Templite 2012-10-16 16:17:51  
Fishing is an adventure to explore parts of the land you would have overlooked before. Fishing in the same area everyday all day would be so incredibly boring for me.

For me anyways~ maybe the rest of you just like standing in the same spot all day >.>

I used to feel that way too. Then SE introduced the Hakuryu and stopped banning/investigating fishers. Kinda took the epic out of it.
By Avitori 2012-10-16 16:19:50  
They still investigate and ban for fishbotting don't give people the wrong idea. Especially at Haks

Edit: not very often, but it happens lol
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-10-16 16:20:37  
Carbuncle.Templite said: »

I used to feel that way too. Then SE introduced the Hakuryu and stopped banning/investigating fishbots. Kinda took the epic out of it.

It could be argued, based on the price of RMT gil, that black sole at the height of deflation gave you more actual purchasing power than fishing hakuryu do now.

GMs stopped actively pursing fishbotters long before hakuryu or abyssea.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [120 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Syagin
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-02-13 11:39:07  
I know nothing about fishing just at work passing the time and was reading this forum... what on earth is "hakuryu"?
 Siren.Mosin
サーバ: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-02-13 11:40:25  
Leviathan.Syagin said: »
I know nothing about fishing just at work passing the time and was reading this forum... what on earth is "hakuryu"?

a fish.
By Yankke23 2013-02-14 17:38:11  
Im a new fisher and i have a question. I can started in nashmau from 0-90 with Lu shang rod and what bait i should use shrimp lure?
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-02-14 17:51:18  
Your bite rate is going to suck at 0 on a lvl 80 fish. There is a few other fish there though at a much lower level you could bridge skill ups with.

You'd be much better off skilling on Moat Carp, the Moats+Forest Carp until they cap for gil (depending on how they sell. From there go to Shall Shells until at least 40, if not 50. After that I'd say you'd be good for going to Nashmau (yes with Shrimp Lures).

Moat/Forest carp can net you more in a day than Nashmau, provided they sell at least 9k/stack. 9k/stack at 200 fish is roughly 150k which I believe is what people make in Nashmau. I've made a bazaar at the LuShang NPC's and sold carps nearly double the price a few times too, all over night. Selling them at 12k each is easy. Most people are not smart enough to see how much a LuShang's costs to buy from the AH vs. turning in carp. Even if it means you sell carp and save the gil to buy a Lu, it's usually faster. All these AFK fisherman rushing to get sleeping on Haks with Ebisu, and selling their Lu's at a loss. Profit from them.
By Yankke23 2013-02-14 18:27:03  
Thx bekisa for the info.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [69 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Korren
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Korren
By Bahamut.Korren 2013-04-24 10:34:22  
So I managed to get a 2nd Pelican ring, which I have heard can stack with the first to possibly give up to three skillups per fish. However I have heard conflicting information on how to do this. I was told you only need to use charge on one ring and as long as you have both equipped you get double enchantment. I have also heard you need to use a charge on each ring at the same time to get double enchantment. Can anyone with experience clarify this for me? I only saw 2 double skill ups using over 80 charges on the first ring, so waiting to see a triple to prove one theory over the other is silly as it will probably never happen. Thanks for any helpful info.
By buteo 2013-04-24 12:36:42  
I am sincerely curious if the charges can stack. I have heard they do, but have never seen "proof" with a screencap of a triple skillup.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-24 12:55:43  

GMs stopped actively pursing fishbotters long before hakuryu or abyssea.

I've had GMs send me tells to make sure I'm actually there, and I know of people getting banned since this post.

Just an FYI that: you should be willing to accept that if you fish while AFK it "could" be the last thing you do on that account.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-24 14:40:12  
While I can't say whether you can get 3 skillups per fish, I can attest to having 2 Pelican Ring enchantments up at the same time, so in theory - it's possible.