After-effects Of Rapture On Your FFXI Lurve

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » After-effects of Rapture on your FFXI lurve
After-effects of Rapture on your FFXI lurve
First Page 2 3
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
Game: FFXI
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 20:39:55  
So, as a prologue to this thread, I felt the forum needed something that wasn't all gloomy and flaming (more ways than one) after talking to Argento today. lol This place does not seem welcoming at all lately with the spam and trolling going on. There's possibly thousands of players who may not be making the jump to the forums for these reasons. (just a guess) Who knows, but there's probably some awesome people that have useful input being drowned out, so let's keep it clean? --

Anyhoozle, how are you feeling about ffxi now that the prospect of a newer, shinier SE MMO is afoot? Yes it's a long ways down the road, but honestly, I hardly give a crap about ffxi right now. lol I'm ready to dump ffxi and not even look back. I don't even want character transfers to be possible because it'd just be unfair and ruin the fun of a brand new experience. Maybe some cool nick-nack (sexy elf arm tats) to remind me of Caiyuo, but that's all.

A friend and I have been back-and-forthing about ffxi, wow and FF14 for the last hour about all the prospective changes and possibilities of a global release. Starting right at the beginning with everyone else would be a lot of fun, the same way the first few months of FFXI were 100% fun, but now everyone is brand new and no wiki is around to guide us!

Edit: Bonus question - what will you miss most about FFXI? (On the assumption you are leaving the game at some point, whether it's for FF14 or not.)

Take a trip back in time with me, won't you?

The memories will be fond when this game is long gone. Also, that goobbue nom'ing a mandy is great. <3
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 20:46:36  
prologue made me not read the rest of the thread.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 20:52:21  
Ludoggy said:
prologue made me not read the rest of the thread.

Fact never start something off with hey you guys all suck but try not to suck this time. Needless to say that trailer didnt even look all that better then CS graphics we already have... and yeah too much invested into this game. I just got ebisus goddammit
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-02 20:52:32  
Poor Mandragora. ; ;

Also, I'll likly not quit FFXI. Might play them both side-by-side for a little while. I suppose if I like FFXIV that much more, I'll drop XI, but I'm overly fond of XI as it is.
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-02 20:54:13
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Hopefully the price of Alexandrite will go down ^^;
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-06-02 20:58:56  
Gaea said:
Hopefully the price of Alexandrite will go down ^^;

100g per!
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-06-02 21:07:59  
I try not to think of "investing time" into FFXI, but rather "spending time." I've had fun, and will continue to have fun, in FFXI, but I'm not going to scoff a new MMO because I've gotten so-and-so god drops and leveled so-and-so jobs. Working up to the top from ground zero is the fun part, as I see it, not necessarily actually having the accomplishments. "If you don't enjoy getting it, it's not worth it!"
[+]
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-02 21:09:27  
Caiyuo said:

but honestly, I hardly give a crap about ffxi right now. lol I'm ready to dump ffxi right now and not even look back. I don't even want character transfers to be possible because it'd just be unfair and ruin the fun of a brand new experience.

That. Summed up. FFXI can go to hell in a handbasket. But so help me god if they're making it FFXII online as XIV...SE's getting anthrax.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 21:14:35  
Bartimaeus said:
Too much work, and too much time, and too much money, and too many friends, and too much time, and too much work on xi to just drop it now.

I suspect a lot of other people keep xi around, even with a newer MMO (albeit by SE) out.

IMO People play xi for what it is, not by who made it. /shrug
Yeah if I'm being honest with myself, or once things settle down in a day or two I'll probably feel similarly, but I think it's funny that I'd suddenly not care at all about the game once something newer is introduced. I really don't play often at all anymore, and at my core I'm usually spiteful towards ffxi because of the time-sink so I guess I'm just glad to see some semblance of the game coming to a figurative end. I feel like the first few months of release ffxi-time will go down to zero if it hasn't already and I'll be full-steam with 14, because I really can't juggle 2 MMOs; it's just too much. The work, time and money into won't be so hard to let go of as the friends, and I'll just have to hope everyone is enthusiastic about trying the new game out, I guess.

Argento said:
Poor Mandragora. ; ;

Also, I'll likly not quit FFXI. Might play them both side-by-side for a little while. I suppose if I like FFXIV that much more, I'll drop XI, but I'm overly fond of XI as it is.
Just imagine the possibilities! Wyverns not looking like flying rats for one. :D
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 21:14:51  
Narrubia said:
I try not to think of "investing time" into FFXI, but rather "spending time." I've had fun, and will continue to have fun, in FFXI, but I'm not going to scoff a new MMO because I've gotten so-and-so god drops and leveled so-and-so jobs. Working up to the top from ground zero is the fun part, as I see it, not necessarily actually having the accomplishments. "If you don't enjoy getting it, it's not worth it!"

You might not but others will and in the end its really about the character interactions... not to mention I'm just getting to do some of the stuff I want and get the stuff I want
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 21:20:25  
Narrubia said:
Excellent point to make, and I totally agree with you. I cannot friggin wait to start new. lol

Eternaltriumph said:
Caiyuo said:

but honestly, I hardly give a crap about ffxi right now. lol I'm ready to dump ffxi right now and not even look back. I don't even want character transfers to be possible because it'd just be unfair and ruin the fun of a brand new experience.

That. Summed up. FFXI can go to hell in a handbasket. But so help me god if they're making it FFXII online as XIV...SE's getting anthrax.
I said the same thing to a friend while we discussed the game, and I think ffxi has shown us that for the most part (mostly towards the later years) SE actually does listen to its player-base and has made changes to improve where they could without changing the game drastically. Because of that I think 14 is probably what they consider their 2nd chance at starting over from the ground-up where they can change whatever features they please while developing right now. I expect a whole lot out of them. lol Only time will tell. D;
 Fairy.Onimusha
サーバ: Fairy
user: Onimusha
By Fairy.Onimusha 2009-06-02 21:36:13  
i really don't want to level all my jobs again...especially bst
 Ramuh.Chelle
user:
By Ramuh.Chelle 2009-06-02 21:38:47

Coming from a victim of a stolen character... I'd love for everybody to start over. :P
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 21:52:37  
Chelle said:
Coming from a victim of a stolen character... I'd love for everybody to start over. :P
Oh you don't even need to play anymore! Potter > any other junk you could be spending time on. lol I say blow Chelle to smithereens right now and use the remanding time to go out big @Half-Blood!

*edited out some prologue stuff for hurty feelings and added a new question to OP to spruce up conversation.
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-02 21:52:42  
I can't be bothered posting in 2 threads so I'll just post here about my thoughts on FFXIV and FFXI.

Firstly my opinion of FFXI hasn't changed. We are 2 years away from any semblance of a release, that's plenty of time to play FFXI and if I sit around doing nothing for that time I'm going to get really bored. FFXI has always been about the community for me but that doesn't mean I don't have community outside of FFXI and that won't change even after FFXI is gone. I have friends from the old SOCOM 1 days that I hadn't talked to for years, then I jump on SOCOM Confrontation and it's like we only last talked to each other last week. Same thing if you think about school reunions. If you care for a community, it doesn't matter where that community is, it doesn't matter what that community is doing, it will always be enjoyable. I'll still be putting time into FFXI and still hang out with all my friends doing the events we usually do. I probably won't bother going for Maat's cap or a relic though because the investment isn't worth it when I know there are going to be other options in the future. Those people that are angry that their existing investment has been wasted need to stop crying and need to remember that they have still achieved something and it's the experiences they take away that they should remember. I've just decided that it's no longer something I need to achieve because it's not something I was yet working towards. How many people here have finished FF7/8/9/10/10-2/12 100%? What happened to all the time you put in to those games when the next FF came out? Nothing, simply nothing. At the end of the day all you have is your memory of the things you did, the story you experienced, Aeris (Aerith) getting knifed in the back, getting control of Ragnarok and Eyes on Me playing for the first time, activating Alexander, confronting Sin, singing on the lightning plains and well i cant think of anything for 12 lol but you get my point. The subscription you pay is to cover the cost of the servers and the storing of your data, if you don't like it don't pay it, not getting into that debate though.

All I'll say is don't gimp your experience in FFXI because you have expectations of some other game.

My opinion of FFXIV is that I think it will be well recieved. I will make the move and I'll advertise fairly heavily that I'll be making the move. I've experienced enough of FFXI and by the time FFXIV is out I think the timing will be just right for a change. A fresh start knowing the things I do now about MMO's will make the game experience great. The biggest problem I had with FFXI was bringing the aussie players together from the beginning so I didn't get to experience much of what the game had to offer until 2-3 years in. With a big advertising prior to the start, hopefully all the aussies can get together and start fresh together. I think a lot of the people in my linkshell will make the jump too so my community will stick together. That and the game looks absolutely gorgeous.

In terms of character transfers, all I want is my character name and I'll be happy. Anything above that is a bonus.
 Remora.Narrubia
サーバ: Remora
user: Narrubia
By Remora.Narrubia 2009-06-02 21:57:43  
Dasva said:
You might not but others will and in the end its really about the character interactions... not to mention I'm just getting to do some of the stuff I want and get the stuff I want

Others can do as they please, it sure as hell doesn't bother me if others want to just stick with FFXI. In the likely event that I keep my FFXI account after FFXIV is released, I would actually encourage people to stay with FFXI. 1-1.5 years isn't a whole lot of time to get/explore sea :x
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-02 21:59:58  
Karusan said:
In terms of character transfers, all I want is my character name and I'll be happy. Anything above that is a bonus.

Aye. I'll be keeping my name if possible and I make the jump.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-06-02 22:02:43  
Karusan said:

Get it on day 1 and you're guaranteed your name. ;P
 Odin.Karusan
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2009-06-02 22:03:45  
Meanwhile watch 40 people try steal it just to be jerks lol :P
[+]
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-06-02 22:11:05  
I would likely make the jump, b/c i would have liked being in this game before everything was a fact. Honestly what i would miss the most from this game, aside from the ppl, is exactly the same stuff id be doing in the next game, accomplishing. ^^
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-02 22:15:35

I'll jump over to the new scene and enjoy it at my own pace, but at the same time I will gladly milk FFXI dry slowly until I feel I'm truly done with it assuming SE reduces or eliminates their monthly service fee after they stop providing new content/updates.
 Carbuncle.Kurosawa
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Kurosawa
By Carbuncle.Kurosawa 2009-06-02 22:28:32  
I don't have or really want a PS3, and I'm not sure if my PC would run it....I don't expect to switch. I'll either stay on XI or quit.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 22:29:21  
I'm glad to see these responses because it reminds me that everyone experiences ffxi differently, and what may bother one player might be something another person enjoys a lot. I guess at this point there's just too many things that bother me about the typical events/things I do to make me miss ffxi. It's all about friends and the community at this point, and while trying to keep up with existing friends, I fill the rest of the gap with places like this. I think that's also why the current condition of the forum bothered me because it seems like a lot of the level-headed, chill members seem to be more and more scarce lately.

Going to bed for the night, hope these conversations keep rolling. '-')
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 22:29:28  
Kurosawa said:
I don't have or really want a PS3, and I'm not sure if my PC would run it....I don't expect to switch. I'll either stay on XI or quit.

Even if it could didn't it say PS3 exclusive.... how the *** you make a MMO nowadays without being PC available seriously wtf
 Midgardsormr.Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-06-02 22:30:22  
Dasva said:
Kurosawa said:

Even if it could didn't it say PS3 exclusive.... how the *** you make a MMO nowadays without being PC available seriously wtf

Official site lists Windows as a platform for the game.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-02 22:34:11

Yeah, I'm sure they meant PS3 exclusive as far as consoles go. PC release is pretty much a given.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 22:34:17  
Argento said:
Dasva said:
Kurosawa said:

Official site lists Windows as a platform for the game.

Definitely doubt my 6 year old comp could handle it. Bet it requires lolvista
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 22:48:44  
Dasva said:
Bet it requires lolvista

I'm sure that was SE's late April fools joke.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 22:53:15  
Ludoggy said:
Dasva said:
Bet it requires lolvista

I'm sure that was SE's late April fools joke.

Yeah i remember allakhazam making a april fools joke a couple years back about this very same game...
First Page 2 3