users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Retaliation
Retaliation
 Quetzalcoatl.Dalmat
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: dalmat
By Quetzalcoatl.Dalmat 2012-09-27 12:21:08  
Ok I have always look at the forums and people say if you go out and skill up a new weapon the best thing to do is go out to Altepa with your PDT- gear and pull mandies but my question is can you get skill ups with retaliation Thanks for the future answers and only wanted to bring this up because it is a little miss leading
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-09-27 12:23:53  
You can get Skillups with Retaliation. I skilled using it forever ago :D
 Leviathan.Yoshikiii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yoshiki
By Leviathan.Yoshikiii 2012-09-27 12:24:12  
yes :D
 Quetzalcoatl.Dalmat
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dalmat
By Quetzalcoatl.Dalmat 2012-09-27 12:25:12  
XD ok thanks guys i guess i just miss the skill ups in the log but i swear i only get them when i use my auto thanks again XD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [65 days between previous and next post]
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-01 14:50:03  
I've got a question about Retaliation. Does the damage boost to Retaliation on Ravager's Calligae +2 apply on activation for the entire duration(like Warrior's Mask +2 and Ravager's Lorica +2 do for Warcry and Blood Rage), or does it only apply while they're equipped and Retaliation is active?
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-12-01 15:49:52  
I would assume while equipped.

Generally, gear that enhances a buff is while equipped, and gear that affects duration is when activated. I cannot think of an exception off the top of my head, so someone feel free to correct me.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-01 15:56:04  
I know Conqueror's Berserk atk buff remains, but it does seem that almost anything aside from time extensions requires the gear to remain equipped.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-01 16:10:13  
There are some that are just while equipped, even though they augment the ability and not the length of the ability. But, the only ones I can think of (and I could be wrong, anyway) are all monk abilities - Focus, Dodge, and Counterstance.

I've never tested them myself, though - it's just been the way I've always done it. But, monk was my first job and I was really surprised to learn that a lot of gear had to remain equipped to keep the effect enhancement.

Oh, then there is Ravager's Mufflers +2, which don't have to be worn on activation at all or during weaponskills - but do need to be equipped during tp phase in order to get the extra boost to weaponskill damage.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-01 16:13:52  
I'm pretty sure it's only when they're on, but I've never tested.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-01 16:48:18  
Thanks for the feedback. Didn't realize their was a pattern for duration/enhances gear.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-03 21:13:13  
Unless you have huggin feet, what else would you wear?
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-12-03 21:20:18  
He might be wanting to switch to pdt feet for something like Cleaving. I'm assuming it's not the most important information, but the more ya know.
[+]
By DeathOfSiren 2012-12-03 21:40:15  
Yeah, I'd be using my PDT set while retaliating, then my cleaving set to WS.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-04 10:08:27  
DeathOfSiren said: »
Yeah, I'd be using my PDT set while retaliating, then my cleaving set to WS.

Well, I'd look to cap pdt with +2 feet for cleaving, since you can utilize pdt grip and decent dark rings aren't that hard to come by. Plus since you'd probably cleave for boxes, you can use an earth staff and cataclysm. Cleaving with a gaxe isn't really as efficient as people think in most zones.