Feet: Dilaram's Sollerets
Neck: Thunder Gorget
Waist: Thunder Belt
Back: Fortis Mantle
Ear1: Vulcan's Pearl
Ear2: Vulcan's Pearl
Ring1: Pyrosoul Ring
Ring2: Pyrosoul Ring

However, I'm wondering if a STR+ Neck/Waist piece would be better than Elemental Gorget/Belt, and whether Ogier's Breeches would be better than Hachiryu Haidate.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-09-20 15:10:41  
This shares, like, 2 three pieces with what I use for fell cleave.

But I don't know if that's bad news for me, or bad news for you!
[+]
By theeklipse85 2012-09-20 15:20:22  
There is no one speicifc fell cleave build, its much more reliant on your healer then anything. Pop hass/retalation and just spam FC in your WS setup

Accension Perpetueance Regen V / Phalanx <- your friends
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-09-20 15:24:45  
Yeah, I mean, that set looks pretty good to me, but at the same time, I'm pretty happy with what I use (not at home so don't know particulars.) The main differences I see are that I use Mustela Gloves and a Rajas (I only have 1 Pyrosoul) and Brutal Earring in one slot.

I'm guessing this is just gonna be for xp/ki farming, and when I'm doing that, I pretty much 1 shotting while under Mighty Strikes, or 1-3 without.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-09-20 15:26:44  
It's been a while, but iirc FC has the same chance to DA as any other WS.

I would swap in Brutal Earring, AF3+2 legs, Atheling mantle, and STR Augmented Heca feet. If you plan on 2h+FCing in Aby, then I see no harm in using a brave grip and cavaros mantle as well to get that extra oomph out of your zerg.

Outside, say in Dyna doing exp trials, you could still stick to a claymore grip for the occaional Ukko's.
By Armada 2012-09-20 15:38:51  
I thought DA/TA/QA can only proc on the initial mob being engaged, while all other mobs hit do not receive DA/TA/QA procs. I was originally stacking DA/TA/QA with pieces like Pole Grip, Warrior's Cuisses +2, Atheling Mantle, and Brutal Earring until I read this.

As far as MS zerging goes, I'd be using Grave Grip, Ravager's Calligae +2, and Cavaros Mantle. If I were only doing the occasional cleave but primarily using Ukko's, I'd be using Claymore Grip rather than another.
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-09-20 15:48:03  
Its been a while since I cleaved on war, but 98% sure that DA can proc on any mob for an AoE WS.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-09-20 15:55:01  
Each mob you hit has its own chance to DA.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-09-20 15:57:12  
I do remember noticing varying tp return indicating a DA proc on the main target at leat, but I also remember witnessing varying damage results off the same AOEd pull (resembling the damage you'd get off a DA more than the damage from lvl disparity).
By Armada 2012-09-20 15:58:10  
Knowing this would make Pole Grip, Warrior's Cuisses +2, Atheling Mantle, and Brutal Earring better options than the Uther's Grip, Hachiryu Haidate, Fortis Mantle, and Vulcan's Pearls.

Would this mean it'd be better for me to use Ravager's Mask +2 for the additional DA rather than Mekira-Oto +1, or would losing that much STR and attack not be worth it? Also, would TA/QA also have the same chance to proc on each mob I hit? If so, I'd might consider using Windbuffet Belt.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-09-20 16:06:01  
I'd probably stick with Mekira, but that might just be me.
I would boost the ws itself rather than try and get the occaional overpowered TA/QA proc on one mob out of many.
By Armada 2012-09-20 16:32:09  
Okay, after everybody's input, this is what I've come up with to hold me over until Phorcys:

Main: Ukonvasara
Ammo: Ravager's Orb
Sub: Pole Grip
Head: Mekira-Oto +1
Body: Grim Cuirass +1
Hands: Heafoc Mitts
Legs: Warrior's Cuisses +2
Feet: Dilaram's Sollerets
Neck: Thunder Gorget
Waist: Thunder Belt
Back: Atheling Mantle
Ear1: Vulcan's Pearl
Ear2: Brutal Earring
Ring1: Pyrosoul Ring
Ring2: Pyrosoul Ring
By rori 2012-09-21 17:13:34  
I just want to point out that if you stack the extra attack (DA/TA/QA) gear causing random spikes against mobs, you will tend to kill smaller groups of mobs at a time.

If you're cleaving purely for XP this is preferable because it means you're not killing all/most of the mobs at the same time. The reason it's preferable is because you only get XP for 8 mobs if they die at the same time.
By Armada 2012-09-22 14:28:14  
rori said: »
I just want to point out that if you stack the extra attack (DA/TA/QA) gear causing random spikes against mobs, you will tend to kill smaller groups of mobs at a time.

If you're cleaving purely for XP this is preferable because it means you're not killing all/most of the mobs at the same time. The reason it's preferable is because you only get XP for 8 mobs if they die at the same time.

Good to know. Will be using Windbuffet Belt instead of Thunder. Once I get Phorcys and Moonshade, I'll be filling those in where needed.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By robersua 2012-11-02 02:47:51  
what atam's do you need to FC in abyssea??
 Bismarck.Lucried
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Lucried
By Bismarck.Lucried 2012-11-02 03:33:08  
i personally like Razed Ruins, Griffon claw, and VV.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-11-15 14:39:43  
Personally, I prefer stacking STR and ATK rather than DA since it rarely if ever procs on more than one mob.

Here's mine:

Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-11-15 15:58:00  
Why did you take a screenshot of the itemset and post it like that :P

There lol
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-11-15 16:11:24  
One thing I do is use my Moonshade earring for one of the slots, bigger aoe means you hit more mobs in your group, and you aren't giving up a huge piece to do it. I havn't tried it, but I bet VV/Griffon Claw/Smiting Blow might be worth it if yo uare cleaving big targets and need the extra range.
By DeathOfSiren 2012-11-15 16:54:03  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Why did you take a screenshot of the itemset and post it like that :P

There lol

Please do tell how you did that.
 Sylph.Decimus
サーバ: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-15 16:58:19  
Copy and paste the Bbcode at the bottom of the item set page
By DeathOfSiren 2012-11-15 17:04:02