WHM DD?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM DD?
WHM DD?
First Page 2 3 4
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-05-28 10:43:35  
I was just wondering if theres any WHM's have experimented with DD'ing, with decent gear of course(ACC gear for Hexa such as Reverend Mail and other various types) against IT Mobs, yes i realise WHM's aren't DDs and before anyone says it; No i will not switch to a DD to DD >_> On the case of Healing you can heal and fight at the same time?

Also im wondering on their Solo limitations(such as /NIN for NI and -dmg gear such as Jelly Ring, Genbu shield, Defending Ring, Umbra Cape etc)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=85244
Is somewhat what i am looking at.
Im just interested to see if anyone has actually tried a DD setup.

/flame shield on

Edit:

Merits to such as MND and STR for Hexa, Club skill, Crit etc.
[+]
 Bismarck.Idevlboy
サーバ: Bismarck
user: idevlboy
By Bismarck.Idevlboy 2009-05-28 10:49:18  
Here is what i used to screw around in campaign with. Not the best possible set-up but still a lot of fun to spam hexa.

(Before anyone says it... K club should not be on main hand. I obviously off hand it but i cant figure out how to make it go to off hand in item set. So i guess i fail.) -.-

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=52947
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2009-05-28 10:56:00  
Left back/weapons blank cause I haven't got a clue what you'd use, but this would be a good set up

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=85263

I'd say PCC would beat prudence since accuracy would be rough. If you get good accuracy though could even use Nashira body for the extra Haste to hit that cap.

Not sure about solo, but I'd say the same gear BLM uses, Herald's gaiters, Goliard legs, Umbra cape, Jelly ring, Terra's etc.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-05-28 11:00:19  
This is my dream WHM DD set up, my current set up can be found on my page though and is more realistic lol.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=40095

Oh for the "dream" set up replace the R.Mail with the far superior Royal Redingote with the augments Accuracy +10 and Double Attack +2%
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Joeofalltrades 2009-05-28 11:14:44  
there was a pimped out whm on some other sever that has like relic n amazing gear. i forgot his name. a friend of mine potpressure on odin is a whm DD and would know mores /tell him.
 Asura.Yotevol
サーバ: Asura
user: Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-28 11:17:49  
Take a look at Werdxi on Asura.
He has his "Haste Set-up" for his DD WHM.
He has +23% Haste, without magic or abilities or anything else.

He's probably one of the best DD WHMs I've seen in a while.
~Yote
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-05-28 11:20:04  
Izzy from Pheonix is a relic holder DD whm.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-28 11:28:09  
WHM DD, don't do it.
[+]
 Unicorn.Dragoram
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Dragoram 2009-05-28 11:30:58  
My proposed setup...Agreed R.Mail can be replaced by the mage body from ACP with melee Augments.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=57955
 Sylph.Taruzard
サーバ: Sylph
user: Taruzard
By Sylph.Taruzard 2009-05-28 11:34:44  
I thought WHMs were sposed to be pro-life? D:
 Cerberus.Arteus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Arteus
By Cerberus.Arteus 2009-05-28 11:36:55  
whm dd doesnt exist, pup tank does
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-28 11:44:12  
I'm not saying that a WHM will out parse a regular DD, but WHMs can DD.
They have the ability to have high haste, high TP gain, and fair to decent damage output.
When you couple that with built-in cure spells, WHM DD have a lot of "stay-power".

~Yote
[+]
 Shiva.Nightraid
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Nightraid 2009-05-28 11:55:32  
I agree with Yotevol....I have yet to test out myself soloing some NMs. But in brenner man a WHM/NIN is hard to kill :o
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 11:57:51  
WHM/NIN with Mystic Boon is absolutely amazing for soloing in Campaign and Sky FoV =) Afflatus Solis -> Cure V -> Utsusmi =D

Here is my current WHM/NIN setup:
[WHM/NIN Gear]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 12:02:23  
Nightraid said:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=85244
Is somewhat what i am looking at.
Im just interested to see if anyone has actually tried a DD setup.

/flame shield on

Edit:

Merits to such as MND and STR for Hexa, Club skill, Crit etc.

I would suggest getting rid of the ohat, boxers, healers mitts +1, rostrum and get the turban, belecose, blessed and blessed, respectively. You'll TP a lot more effectively with haste and attack than evasion.

For hexa, sure swap back the acc pieces and load up on str and mnd.

If you can do Nyzul Isle Assault, try to get the Werebuster and start working your way towards Mystic Boon. Spam 80F and get Goliard Body for the 4% haste body piece.

You are definitely headed in the right direction and your white-boarder pieces are sexy =)
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-28 12:18:23  
Shiroi said:
I'd highly recommend using Perdu Wand off hand, the DPS is much higher and has +5 acc / +14 atk.

I believe the best combo would be Perdu / Kraken Club if we don't count the relic club.

Or, if you can't afford KC/Relic, go with this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/item.php?id=18856
Dae Gratia
~Yote
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 12:22:23  
I love that club I use it on thf all the time for farming stuff taht is weak to blunt... pretty much teh only club a thf can get that would actually be better dmg then a good dagger for me
 Bismarck.Veruna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2009-05-28 12:24:15  
Daea is a nice club and all, but I think you'd want a little higher DMG than what that has to offer.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 12:24:42  
Veruna said:
Daea is a nice club and all, but I think you'd want a little higher DMG than what that has to offer.

^ This
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-28 12:28:13  
Hypnotizd said:
Veruna said:

^ This

Hypnotizd said:
For hexa, sure swap back the acc pieces and load up on str and mnd.

But, you can't deny the Acc and Atk it give.
You have enough haste to swing, but the more you connect the higher your DoT is- we all know this.
So, an opportunity to have Acc, Atk and the other small things add it to be a pretty nice club.
~Yote
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 12:29:34  
It's dmg rating isn't all taht lacking... like what 5 from the highest? Though that is another weapon rank at 36 dmg which would increase fstr caps... oh well still nice club
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 12:43:50  
I'm not saying that club is bad, but there are much better options. You really want a club with the highest damage main hand and one with the best stats and lowest delay off hand such as perdu.

Daea has 7.00 DPS, Perdu has 9.44 with Attack +14 and Accuracy +5 while under 100% tp.

Daea has 35 DMG, Perdu has 39 while in latent.

Useing something like, I don't know, a Purgatory Mace main hand with DMG41 and Perdu off hand would be a lot better than any combo I can think of with Daea.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 12:49:57  
But what about counter!?! And that hp drain is no joke when it procs. But really its meant as a great club for jobs that normally would have to use something like titans cudgel to melee in lol
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 12:54:48  
Who needs HP drain when you have Mystic Boon spam for "unlimited" MP for Cure Vs? =)
 Asura.Yotevol
By Asura.Yotevol 2009-05-28 12:54:58  
Hypnotizd said:
I'm not saying that club is bad, but there are much better options. You really want a club with the highest damage main hand and one with the best stats and lowest delay off hand such as perdu.

Daea has 7.00 DPS, Perdu has 9.44 with Attack +14 and Accuracy +5 while under 100% tp.

Useing something like, I don't know, a Purgatory Mace main hand with DMG41 and Perdu off hand would be a lot better than any combo I can think of with Daea.

I agree with your analysis of the Perdu, it is quite remarkable and it's pretty much free.
However, the purgatory mace's +3STR/MND doesn't trump the +9Atk/Acc from Dae.

Only lower leveled mobs, I would go with Purg Mace, but on higher (VT>>IT) I would go with Dae for the +Acc.
This is only my opinion as I see it and have experimented with.

At the end of the day, it's the OP who has to choose.
~Yote
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-28 12:57:52  
Yotevol said:
I agree with your analysis of the Perdu, it is quite remarkable and it's pretty much free.
~Yote

What about the higher str cap too!!! Assuming you have the gear to hit it and still have enough acc lol
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 13:04:40  
Dasva said:
Yotevol said:
~Yote

What about the higher str cap too!!! Assuming you have the gear to hit it and still have enough acc lol

It might not trump the +9 attack during TP phase, but Hexa Strike does have 20% STR and MND modifiers.
 Odin.Ravax
サーバ: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2009-05-28 13:07:23  
Ninja sub isn't your only option. You'd probably benefit a lot more from Dancer sub. It'll give you an Accuracy boost and give you more functionality as a DDing supporter. Ability to lower def, evasion, and Sambas (particularly aspir if you're fighting Colibri or other mobs with MP). Ninja sub really doesn't offer you much by comparison. Just a second weapon and decrease in delay and TP gain
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-28 13:10:13  
Ravax said:
Ninja sub isn't your only option. You'd probably benefit a lot more from Dancer sub. It'll give you an Accuracy boost and give you more functionality as a DDing supporter. Ability to lower def, evasion, and Sambas (particularly aspir if you're fighting Colibri or other mobs with MP). Ninja sub really doesn't offer you much by comparison. Just a second weapon and decrease in delay and TP gain

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Dual_Wield said:
During non-elemental Weapon Skills, an extra hit is performed with the secondary weapon. This does not apply to elemental Weapon Skills (such as Shining Strike) or special Weapon Skills such as Spirits Within.

This quote is important for one hit attacks such as Mystic Boon. You can literally double the MP return by subbing nin.
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-05-28 13:11:25  
Yotevol said:
Hypnotizd said:

Only lower leveled mobs, I would go with Purg Mace, but on higher (VT>>IT) I would go with Dae for the +Acc.
This is only my opinion as I see it and have experimented with.

At the end of the day, it's the OP who has to choose.
~Yote
I agree mostly.. I've used Purgatory/Perdu for a long time but after getting Dae I'll never go back to Purgatory.. just move Perdu to the main hand (latent works for WS) and ya only lose 2 dmg.. acc on Dae is so much better than a little more WS dmg.
First Page 2 3 4