New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » The best moments in gaming
The best moments in gaming
 Phoenix.Amael
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-05-26 09:42:49  
Many magazines have done this, but those are mostly editors choices. I would like for all to say a few games that shocked/amazed/make you laugh/cry, in short, rocked your world. What it was and if you found a vid or pic, post it!

So heres a few of mine:

Bad Fur Day: The great mighty poo

I even recorded the song because i found it Hilarious. Conquer's Bad Fur day has quite a few but this is the greates one IMO.

Final Fantasy VI (FF3 for SNES in USA): The Opera

Not only you HAVE to learn the correct lyrics in order to procede to the story, you have to move and play it! One of the best compositions in all FF games, totally unexpected also. The lyrics were re-arranged for FF6 advanced. I still like the original the most.

Metroid: Samus is a girl!

Whoever played the original NES Metroid, (before all the codes and ***) you wouldnt expect that your valiant character was a girl all the time!

Resident Evil 2: Mr.X is Back! Twice!

At 3:00, when youre lighting the flames and the gear fell, your like "Great :D" then just a walk and BAM!! that bad-*** mofo again. When I played this I almost ***myself.

Super Mario Kart: Rainbow Road Shortcut

If you never found (or was able to make) this shortcut, shame on you!! When you do it, your like 1/4 ahead in track.

And

The greatest moment in gaming history

no intro

Final Fantasy VII: Aeris Death

No moment in gaming history has ever make so many people cry like this one. I personally confess that I cried when I witness this.

Edit: Changed the Video, cuz the previous one song, was put over, this one, is the original as seen in game. The arrangement of the song was not need to be changed in my opinion.
This are the ones at the top of my head, Add yours!
 Midgardsormr.Argento
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-05-26 09:48:44  
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
サーバ: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-26 10:32:55  
No youtube vids but one of my fav moments comes from Zelda ocarina of time when Lord JabuJabu gives you access to Zora's fountain by slowly inching his *** out of the way. The sound fx make me smile to this very day.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 11:03:58  
Jimmyjazz said:
No youtube vids but one of my fav moments comes from Zelda ocarina of time when Lord JabuJabu gives you access to Zora's fountain by slowly inching his *** out of the way. The sound fx make me smile to this very day.
haha, I barely remember that, wow.

Was just mentioning along the same lines in another thread about OoT when you get the final gauntlets and toss the giant boulder/half-mountain to create a bridge to get to Ganon's Castle. (I think that's how it went) Nothing felt cooler than that moment.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-26 11:09:44  
Jimmyjazz said:

And it takes like half a god-damn hour.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-26 11:13:46  
The only specific thing I can remember as a great moment is the end of FF7. Cloud flying down toward Sephiroth, then getting to Omnislash his *** to death.

As far as personal bests, it's also my worst memory and has happened twice in 2 different games. FFII(IV) for SNES, getting all my characters to level 99 and dominating anything and everything only to have my SNES screw up and erase the file a couple days later.

Then in FFX getting my 3 mains across the whole Sphere grid (I think thats what it's called) only to have my brother save over the file a few weeks later.
 Cerberus.Sifridus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Sifridus
By Cerberus.Sifridus 2009-05-26 11:55:07  
I thought of a few scenes that wont soon leave my memory but this one... well stuck with me in a special way. (more so the last 2 minutes of the clip)

Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-05-26 18:42:47  
Excesspain said:

As far as personal bests, it's also my worst memory and has happened twice in 2 different games. FFII(IV) for SNES, getting all my characters to level 99 and dominating anything and everything only to have my SNES screw up and erase the file a couple days later.

Then in FFX getting my 3 mains across the whole Sphere grid (I think thats what it's called) only to have my brother save over the file a few weeks later.

For the worst moment for me would be, Killing Sephiroth in the Original Kingdom Hearts. Them, power outage! /cry
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-05-26 18:46:38  
Jimmyjazz said:

Sometimes I think... youtube has everything.

Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2009-05-26 19:56:16  
That is definitely up there for one of my favorites.

But this reminds me the other day I was listening to Lost Woods on my phone and my text sound went off which was of course Navi saying, "Hey listen!" I lol'd
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-05-27 08:37:27  
MOAR!

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of time: Shiek Reviels "Himself?"

If it wasnt enough that youre wearing a tunica that looks like your wearing a mini skirt that allow us to see your german sausage, in addition that your faithful companion is a PINK FAIRY, you look like you are taking the train to Homo ville when we see you around this Shiek guy! Thank God is the princess or this ending would'va been a lot more awkward...

Conquer's Bad Fur Day: Gregg The Grim Reaper

Meeting Greg for the first time is one of the best Cutscenes in this game.
"Those Bloody cats"

Silent Hill: Oh thats what the Ring is for...

Perhaps one of the most scary franchises in gaming history, Silent Hill won our screams by surprisingly creepy graphics and sound.