users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Skilling Synergy
Skilling Synergy
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-07-29 05:34:17  
Guess I need to get this off lv.0 at some point. What's a good recipe to get off the ground on? Not looking to cap out just yet but would like to get to ~60 pretty quick, and all the old "How to" threads are so damn old idek if they're that relevant anymore (pleading ignorance on this one).
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-07-29 06:12:37  
Grab a high level synth. Spam it. Thats really all there is to it. Its really boring though.

Note:
The Synths we use are:
Gold (Mythril?) Nuggets, which are Gold(Mythril respectively) leaf x4, and 2 vitriol. Haste yourself and buy boatloads of earth fewell (1 fewell = 50 earth feeds), and spam earth feed.

Also used:
Bonecrafter Smock, which is the bonecrafter skill +1 body. They can be spammed from lv0 to their cap (50s?)
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2012-07-29 07:05:35  
^ what he said. I'd add that when the furnace is about to blow, make sure to Operate Furnace > Thwack it.

It won't blow if you keep impurity ratio below 30% but when skilling, a successfull "thwack" may result in a skill up. So will the other operate options, but they cost fewell.

Not sure about Hasting yourself though, that sounds a bit "face North for skill ups" to me!

Edit: NM, i just realised, Haste to negate effects of slow if you take a blast to the face!
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2012-07-29 07:32:07  
Are there any good options in each element? I can make my own fewell to save money but at the mercy of VW drops for what color rock i get.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-07-29 11:17:55  
I had a long *** post that just got GTFO'd cause of connection loss with FFXIAH T_T.

Earth is the easiest because its overload is simply a slow debuff, which will not overwrite Haste. RDM Composure Haste, or SCH perp Haste lasts forever, because of being locked on the furnace. It's the easiest because you can simply spam and not worry. The rest all have little quirky debuffs, that are more annoying then anything.

If you have the patience to deal with it, you can do any (i'd still avoid light/dark/wind) simply because overload = lost fewell for nothing. Earth is simply the fastest to hit your way to 80.

Gluck \o
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2012-08-02 06:30:16  
I'll second earth - cheapest fewell around, usually, especially if you can make it. All the rocks are plentiful on AH most of the time.
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-08-02 06:54:14  
Skilling up Synergy did not chanche much over the past months, you pick as best a recipe you like which has earth to spend and spam earth fewell feed. water is also ok. Wind can push you to far away from furnace and you like allways need to step atleast one step back towards the furnance to work with it again. Stun from thunder explosions can last long.
You can go from level 1-60 without ever switching the recipe, but i prefered to pick something which is like 10-15 max over my current skill to avoid explode-fest lol. But i guess thats up to personal preference. I got annoyed by level 8 from the level 50 or 60 recipe i did (some Nuggets) so i switched to Federation earring (20) i had a aquariam abj body flying around so i did that to 28 and then i think i did Boneworkers Smock to 41, Nashmau earring to 50 then Arewe Ring to its Cap (but i cant remember what it was) and doing something else atm where i dont even know what i make. I think Gules Mittens.

So its for sure nothing "standard" which i did so far, but worked out good for me. I mostly skilled on stuff i needed/wanted/had anyways, like i wanted those 2 earrings and i wanted to tatter the abjuration, so i skilled on it till cap then i let my bf tatter it with skill 80 lol. The mats for the ring i got from VW so i just skilled on it till i was at cap.

Most list are still very incomplete with the right synergy level of the synthesis but you can easy tell what level the craft is by how much % Impuritys raises. You can still look on wiki and pick whatever looks good for you.