言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » DEX or AGI
DEX or AGI
First Page 2
By Shakkilin 2012-07-23 14:39:18  
With the new cap on attribute merits at 24, what a kannagi nin would merit, AGI or DEX? between mod for blade hi subtle blow and eva from agi and crit rate from dex. thx
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2012-07-23 14:57:43  
DEX. AGI merits should really only be considered by Rangers and Corsairs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-07-23 15:06:10  
If you are talking strictly for ninja though, agi seems more useful.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-23 17:53:33  
Evasion tanking isn't really relevant at the moment, so practically speaking you'd only be looking at the ~6 WSC bonus for Hi damage if you merited AGI. DEX benefit is up in the air depending on gear and target, but if you have other jobs that aren't RNG or COR then it's probably the better choice.
[+]
By Peldin 2012-07-28 01:42:56  
I was gonna go dex because monk is my main job so I thought a lil extra crit for victory smite was good. Plus I don't have kannagi on my ninja so I thought it would benefit Blade: Jin as well.

However, I also play thf and dnc where agi benefits exenterator, and I probably will get Blade: Hi on my ninja sometime this summer. Also, the extra evasion and subtle blow are more valuable to me than accuracy.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 01:55:14  
I'm not sure I can support meriting AGI unless you strictly play RNG and/or COR.

Everything else melees (well, except for mages, but please for the love of Altana, don't merit MND or CHR), and will benefit from DEX, unless we're talking EP-- mobs, at which point, you're one-shotting them with your AGI-modded WS without merits.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 02:08:13  
Also, anyone who uses evasion / subtle blow as justification for meriting AGI deserves to be dragged behind the Chocobo Stables and beaten.
[+]
By Peldin 2012-07-28 02:15:33  
My 99 jobs are Mnk, Nin, Bst, Thf, Dnc. Mnk is the only one with an empyrean. I don't have an event linkshell. I 2-box a bard and my friend 2-boxes a whm and we do low-man stuff with our other friends. We mostly do abyssea stuff either farming for empyrean weapons or +2 gear for our alts or other jobs. We do dynamis on our BSTs as well (sometimes one of us goes thf or dnc but we usually farm better as just duo bsts).
I was thinking the agi would benefit my bst more than dex would in dynamis. It would benefit my thf and dnc more outside of abyssea. It probably doesn't make a difference for my ninja. So from my perspective it just seems that monk is the only job that I have that would clearly benefit more from dex.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 02:18:46  
AGI is doing absolutely nothing for your BST in dynamis. DEX is buying you at least critical hit rate +1%.

It's probably buying your THF more than that since THF is pretty likely to be in the 40 dDEX range in TP gear, iirc. Same for DNC.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2012-07-28 02:36:08  
Im in the same boat as you, I can not decide between dex or agi. If it was only Ninja and Thf as main melee jobs would agi for exten/hi beat out dex for crit/evi?
By Artemicion 2012-07-28 02:37:56  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Also, anyone who uses evasion / subtle blow as justification for meriting AGI deserves to be dragged behind the Chocobo Stables and beaten.

I take it the formulas for those would make 12 AGI menial in terms of benefiting from those specific categories?
 Cerberus.Mindi
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-07-28 03:05:49  
Bahamut.Foxxy said: »
Im in the same boat as you, I can not decide between dex or agi. If it was only Ninja and Thf as main melee jobs would agi for exten/hi beat out dex for crit/evi?

a nin merit STR/DEX same as a thf merit str/dex, unless they open cap to 36 there is no reason to merit agi if your mainjob is not rng/cor.
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-07-28 03:16:25  
STR 4
VIT 3
DEX 4
AGI 3
INT 4
MND 3
CHR 3

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 03:24:53  
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ バランス!
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-07-28 03:51:48  

all said before this was asked:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Evasion tanking isn't really relevant at the moment, so practically speaking you'd only be looking at the ~6 WSC bonus for Hi damage if you merited AGI. DEX benefit is up in the air depending on gear and target, but if you have other jobs that aren't RNG or COR then it's probably the better choice.
Siren.Kyte said: »
I'm not sure I can support meriting AGI unless you strictly play RNG and/or COR.

Everything else melees (well, except for mages, but please for the love of Altana, don't merit MND or CHR), and will benefit from DEX, unless we're talking EP-- mobs, at which point, you're one-shotting them with your AGI-modded WS without merits.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2012-07-28 04:24:36  
Gimpness said: »

all said before this was asked:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Siren.Kyte said: »

I figured dex was way to go, but better safe than sorry and ask, and the only reason I had any real doubt was your prized ls mate keep telling me agi>dex. So once again better safe then sorry, asking questions and doing it right is better then not and doing it wrong.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 04:36:28  
By Altana, that avatar. o_o
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-28 04:40:17  
I like it :(
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-07-28 04:42:21  
I figured dex was way to go, but better safe than sorry and ask, and the only reason I had any real doubt was your prized ls mate keep telling me agi>dex. So once again better safe then sorry, asking questions and doing it right is better then not and doing it wrong.

If it was Lakey then there's your problem right there! Listening to him is like trying to argue with me, you're always wrong.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2012-07-28 04:55:12  
Nah kaj, I wouldn't trust lakey he be strange for sure, and the random tells i get from him scare me o.o

By Altana, that avatar. o_o
I love it!
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I've always enjoyed yours when I lurk these fourms^.^
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 04:58:07  
Gimpness said: »

If it was Lakey then there's your problem right there! Listening to him is like trying to argue with me, you're always wrong.

...your name is Kaj?
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-28 05:06:42  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I've always enjoyed yours when I lurk these fourms^.^
:D
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2012-07-28 05:20:09  
i heard dance party?
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-28 05:29:18  
Fix those avatars, they are irritating.

Edit : All 3 fixed thank you.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-07-28 05:47:54  
Cerberus.Detzu said: »
Fix those avatars, they are irritating.
Fix your behaviour, it's irritating.
[+]
By Gimpness 2012-07-28 05:48:32  
...your name is Kaj?
Wait... what?
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 05:49:26  
Nah kaj, I wouldn't trust lakey he be strange for sure, and the random tells i get from him scare me o.o
By Gimpness 2012-07-28 05:53:08  
missing comma.

as in

Nah, Kaj told me to merit AGI.

Kaj = Kajix = person on Bahamut who happens to be in my linkshell.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-07-28 05:54:05  
oh, neverminddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

cool points retracted.
By Gimpness 2012-07-28 05:55:28  
cool points retracted.
[+]
First Page 2