Tavatimsa?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Tavatimsa?
Tavatimsa?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-07-05 16:30:53  
Ok, WAR is a job I don't use often enough to warrent getting a Ukon or Bravura, so I'm thinking about a Tavatimsa, I'm torn between DMG+7/WSD+10% and TP Bonus +100, ant advice?
By Kaerin 2012-07-06 15:26:38  
get Ukon 90
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-06 15:44:08  
Phoenix.Kojo said: »
Ok, WAR is a job I don't use often enough to warrent getting a Ukon or Bravura, so I'm thinking about a Tavatimsa, I'm torn between DMG+7/WSD+10% and TP Bonus +100, ant advice?
If you can be more specific on your use for WAR, it'd help.

Going from nothing, Upheaval is the staple of WAR outside of Abyssea. If you don't have space for Upheaval, or are in Abyssea, Raging Rush will be your bread and butter. You're going to need to gear toward either of these WSs. Upheaval 5/5 makes each point of VIT translate into 1 DMG on your weapon during WS, so keep that in mind when choosing weapons and gear. Raging Rush is focused more on critical hits and double attacks, so you'll gear it similarly to Ukko's Fury; crit rate, da, STR, DEX if dDEX is possible, attack, etc. In Abyssea, accuracy won't be a big deal, so the Crit Rate Great Axe would be a good piece to use. Tavatisma WSD+10% is just +10% to your weapon's base DMG on WS, so if the Axe has 100 DMG, during WS it has 110 DMG (That's my understanding at least.), so consider that when making your choice. TP bonus I wouldn't recommend.

Honestly, if you're not up for making an Ukon, a Maschu (Which I'd never recommend), or a Bravura, I really wouldn't bother with WAR outside of Abyssea.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2012-07-06 16:08:41  
I'm in the same boat as you and don't use my WAR nearly enough to warrant an Ukon or Bravura. I went with a VIT/PDT Telamon, which works wonderfully with Upheaval (which I'm currently 4/5 with, working on that last merit atm).
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-07-06 16:31:10  
I don't have Upheaval, as you said, I don't have room, and if I could, I'd be getting another WS for a job I use much more, I'll post TP/WS sets soon.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-07-06 16:52:04  
Outside without Upheaval/UF you're pretty screwed. Probably shouldn't even bother unless you're just using it for inside, then even Dies Irae would suffice for that.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-07-06 16:56:06  
It's a proc job that I happen to DD with in Aby.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-06 16:57:34  
Dies Irae, Raging Rush. Gear it like Ukko's.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-07-06 17:13:08  
Dies Irae seems like a no-no due to -30 Acc.

This is kinda stuff I've gotten randomly but..

TP Gear:

WS Gear:
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-06 17:19:44  
Obviously max out your AF3+2, get a Zelus tiara, Claymore Grip and a Phasmida belt (Goading Belt if the STP helps form an X-hit). Flame Rings don't do much for you in a TP set. I don't feel like working with your STP right now, and if you're there to proc you may well be there WAR/NIN (Dagger), so that could totally bone the calculations to begin with, but Tyrant's, Hoard and Rajas should all be considered for your TP set.

-30 acc in Abyssea is nothing, considering you have +90 DEX with max abyssites and Razed Ruins. That's basically almost +70 acc right there, not even considering gear. Nothing in Abyssea except a few mobs are high enough to where you won't be capping accuracy when properly geared, and that was at 90. 9 levels of combat skills and some other treats should offset that -30 acc easily.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-07-06 17:31:53  
Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. Dies Irae is cheap, so that'll be easy.
 Ramuh.Yarly
サーバ: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2012-07-06 17:44:23  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Tavatisma WSD+10% is just +10% to your weapon's base DMG on WS, so if the Axe has 100 DMG, during WS it has 110 DMG (That's my understanding at least.), so consider that when making your choice. TP bonus I wouldn't recommend.

is this true for all wsd+ or just magian wsd+?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-07-06 17:47:15  
Magian path is what I heard it was associated with. I believe there's only two types: First-hit straight % and weapon DMG, but I could be very very wrong.
 Siren.Vanian
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2012-07-11 13:14:11  
I asked about this on BG a while back, and dagger ws+dmg is a straight 10% increase on ws damage, proven by using Aeolian edge
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2012-07-11 13:15:25  
I ended up just getting Dies Irae, as advised, I'm pretty happy with that.
[+]