フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura WAR
Bravura WAR
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-07-01 13:30:37  
There isnt a whole lot of info on this in this forum and was wondering if i could start a discussion to gain a little direction as far as gearing and effective use goes .
Now I would think that with Torment being a 1-hit-enfeebling WS that Multi-hit WS would be preferred (KJ , RR , Upheaval) to take more advantage of the Enfeeble effect(while its up) as well as other WAR traits and JAs to deal Max DMG using Bravura . In this capacity i would figure King's Justice would prevail over RR and Upheaval for 2 reasons : KJ is a STR mod'd non Crit WS therefore more consistent DMG wise and with its STR mod much easier to make do evil DMG vs. Upheaval's VIT mod . I am not saying getting upheaval into the righteous is impossible , I am just sayin that gearing towards STR seems easier . "Seems" .
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-07-01 13:40:16  
Upheavals VIT mod is 100% though at 5 merits, and will crush King's Justice handily. The only time KJ was useful prior to Upheaval was during Mighty Strikes or if you had an Mythic to keep up the aftermath. Also, if you are talking the defense down on the swings on Bravura, that would help all the WS's, the def down on the WS itself doesn't proc often enough, and you don't even know when it does so its tough to rely on it for anything. It's more of a nice bonus if you are using Torment and get it to proc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaisuko
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kaisuko
By Bahamut.Kaisuko 2012-07-01 13:40:45  
Consistent doesn't mean better. And Upheaval is the only choice, aside from aby.(Where RR would win)
[+]
By Caclax 2012-07-01 13:40:59  
Upheaval will be your best option with a bravura, but if you don't already have a bravura, work on a Ukon instead. You can do well with a bravura, but even getting it to 99 you will still be easily out preformed by a ukon with comparable gear to your own.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-01 13:45:55  
Upheaval is a 4 hit 100%VIT mod at 1.0/1.5/2.0FTP
King's Justice is a 3hit 50%STR mod at 1.0/1.25/1.5

Not even gonna be close, if you had 200STR and 200VIT, you'd be looking at 170WSC vs. 85WSC. You'd get a bit more from fSTR potentially if gearing for King's Justice, but that's a much smaller portion of the formula.
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-07-01 14:51:09  
so it would be better to do the work for vit build vs doin the work to unlock kj . the side of this question i guess would be with brav's acc i would presume that if a piece of gear is availible with either vit or acc , vit would win over acc in most cases with atk being secondary . like an example would be relic legs +2 would be 1st choice with ogiers then ravager+2 or would it depend on all gear . i would figure you would want to focus on the mod stat
 Sylph.Binckry
サーバ: Sylph
user: Binckly
By Sylph.Binckry 2012-07-01 16:46:32  
Kaerin in another WAR thread said: »
Sylph.Binckry said: »
I just thought I'd ask what are the ideal sets for a Bravura TP set? ._. Maybe like Kaerin's post in the Ukko's thread of min/mid-low/mid-high/best or something? Thanks lol ._.;

5 hit provided two of the three 1 TP hits on Upheaval land.

Upheaval set

Drachenhorn can pull ahead if you need the attack.
Phorcys body if the 7% WSD carries over to all hits.

I don't really know of any working towards sets, I think its this or use your Ukon.

EDIT::::
Unless you're going for that capped haste/PDT thing with Bravura aftermath, it looks something like this:

But defending ring > dark ring and hands can be AF2+2 or something, not positive on what you really want to use in this set, I just know this is close.

That set looks pretty solid to me, though if you do go for that 5hit TP/WS setup, it lacks a few more sTP to 5hit.

Edit: if you look around the threads really there're some Bravura TP/WS/Metatron sets. Since you already figured to use Upheaval. :p
Also @Eyhrika, isn't the swing effect Evasion down, and the WS(Metatron) effect, Defense down? D:
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-07-01 17:08:53  
Yeah they are different buffs I mis-typed, I rather enjoy the nickname "Bardvura". I am pretty sure my spreadsheet said that if you don't have Phorcys legs that Ogier's came in second, even w/o needing accuracy, but it has been a while since I tinkered w/ it so I may be wrong.
 Odin.Cett
サーバ: Odin
user: Cett69
By Odin.Cett 2012-07-01 17:34:30  
Caclax said: »
Upheaval will be your best option with a bravura, but if you don't already have a bravura, work on a Ukon instead. You can do well with a bravura, but even getting it to 99 you will still be easily out preformed by a ukon with comparable gear to your own.
That is unless you're fighting ***in legion and your accuracy goes to hell.
By Caclax 2012-07-02 16:17:59  
there are very few cases where that would be true. can easily make up the accuracy with other gear and or food when doing an event such as legion. Im still working on an Ukon, and can usually parce well against an ukon, but with the right gear and know how the Ukon should be at the top.
By Kaerin 2012-07-03 06:27:15  
Sylph.Binckry said: »

That set looks pretty solid to me, though if you do go for that 5hit TP/WS setup, it lacks a few more sTP to 5hit.

Does it really? I jut copied it from what other people said, I dont own a Bravura and I never checked. I do have all the gear though, so I will look and see if I can get a 488 delay GA real quick and go see what it needs.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-03 06:50:55  
Odin.Cett said: »
That is unless you're fighting ***in legion and your accuracy goes to hell.

With a Bravura, your accuracy should really never be an issue.
Can stack like 80 accuracy in other gear without gimping your raw output too much, and with the 35\40 acc from Vura on top.. should be ok.
By Kaerin 2012-07-03 07:33:58  
Ok so with the previous sets, as long as you use Carbonara or Arrabatia, it works. If youre not using STP food you're going to have to use this:

There might be a better trade for more STP during WS than Phorcys hands > Ogiers, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

EDIT::
I'm spending to much time thinking about a Bravura I don't own or care about. So figure it out yourselves Bravura peoples!
http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10614/wrathwing-nails
Look at these too.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-03 09:26:17  
You can WS in Tathlum and lose far less overall damage than wearing Ogier's over Phorcys. This assumes 3/x hits
 Phoenix.Mikumaru
By Phoenix.Mikumaru 2012-07-03 12:08:00  
there are very few cases where that would be true. can easily make up the accuracy with other gear and or food when doing an event such as legion. Im still working on an Ukon, and can usually parce well against an ukon, but with the right gear and know how the Ukon should be at the top.
i am making both of these weapons . i know Ukon is the dmg king , but there i can see many situations where Bravura would be preffered esp when you're not goin for outright pewpew . There isnt a lot of info on current effective usage .

Thnx for the info so far guys , btw . its been very helpful .

Binckry i am curious what augs would /should be on moonshade . i know most Melee put the ACC/Regain on it but since you have it in WS build and not TP i am thinking its something else . i am also curious if a waist with VIT would be better , consistently speaking , Vs the 3/1% of windbuffet . while i am sure the 5~7ish you would get from a different piece wouldnt amount to more than ~20 or so dmg Vs the extra hits on the TA/QA proc the proc rate almost seems like a wasted space when the 20ish extra dmg over the course of a fight would add up to or excede the 1~3 procs you 'might' see.
By Kaerin 2012-07-03 12:20:12  
Moonshade is attack+4 TP Bonus +25

Windbuffet basically comes out to .13 fTP, WS belts are .1 fTP, and the only other option really is warwolf, which is 5 STR/VIT, and the WS belts are better than warwolf so windbuffet will beat it too. That said, if Im just doing a zerg fight, I dont use windbuffet either, I'd rather know Im gaining a benefit from the 4-5 WS's I do than 'maybe.'

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
You can WS in Tathlum and lose far less overall damage than wearing Ogier's over Phorcys. This assumes 3/x hits

I'd rather not depend on getting every hit to land. And the builds I posted assume 5STP on Armada and getting 2 of the 1 TP hits on Upheaval to land. Which is what I thought we were going for.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-07-03 12:20:35  
Attack/TP bonus are usually the most useful augments (regain is for hardcore mnk/pup, not really useful for other jobs).

The last sentence seems confusing so I'm going to mostly ignore it, but that's not how you consider which option is better overall in a slot.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-07-03 14:42:44  
3 hits is 3/4 assuming no multi attack procs, which as a WAR is a safe assumption that Upheaval is at least 5 hits.

3/5 hits is 60% accuracy, that's a safe number to gear for.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-03 14:46:12  
Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
3 hits is 3/4 assuming no multi attack procs, which as a WAR is a safe assumption that Upheaval is at least 5 hits.

3/5 hits is 60% accuracy, that's a safe number to gear for.

^ This, you also have a high probability of over TPing with WAR.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-03 14:46:33  
Half the time it works every time?
I would'nt gear for something happening 60% of the time myself :<
main hit + 1 more I can do, but that's where I stop personally
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-07-03 15:04:36  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Half the time it works every time?
I would'nt gear for something happening 60% of the time myself :<
main hit + 1 more I can do, but that's where I stop personally

60% acc, not 60% of the time it works.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-03 15:04:51  
3/5 hits is going to happen way more than 60% of the time if you're capped hitrate, he was talking about 60% hitrate. As a general rule, you tend to sidegrade/downgrade on builds when you build around less than base hits-1 for multihit WS return if you assume capped hitrate.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2012-07-03 17:47:49  
I have bravura 99 and ukon 90. Outside of abysea I almost exclusively use bravura because the slight loss in my total DMg is significantly overwritten by the increase in DMg by other DDs due to def down and the occasional evasion down.

Not to even mention the ability to cap haste while under capped DT gear
[+]
 Odin.Almont
user: Almont
By Odin.Almont 2012-07-11 17:41:37  
Carbuncle.Tyleron said: »
I have bravura 99 and ukon 90. Outside of abysea I almost exclusively use bravura because the slight loss in my total DMg is significantly overwritten by the increase in DMg by other DDs due to def down and the occasional evasion down.

I don't own an Ukon, but I do have Bravura 95 and this was almost exactly what I was aiming for in building Bravura. Of course, when I made the decision nothing like Abyssea existed but boosting the overall dmg output seemed attractive.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-11 17:48:16  

If your alliance is benefiting substantially from your evasion down procs that often, your alliance is full of ***.

Bravura is not better than Ukonvasura outside of MS Upheaval in a short zerg, and that's only if you're still talking about 99 vs 90.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-11 17:50:26  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »

If your alliance is benefiting substantially from your evasion down procs that often, your alliance is full of ***.

Bravura is not better than Ukonvasura outside of MS Upheaval in a short zerg, and that's only if you're still talking about 99 vs 90.

Who cares Minjo
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-11 17:54:51  
Yes, whine about my comment instead of whining about someone blatantly misrepresenting a 100-million gil investment. That makes loads of sense.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-07-11 18:00:00  
100 million gil in a videogame meant to allow people to play and have fun. Do you really wish for everyone to be like you in a game that's meant to encourage creativity and diversification? ew

Just let people be for crying out loud
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-11 18:03:22  
Are we really having this nonsensical argument again?

Different people find enjoyment in different things, but that is completely irrelevant to the point here: Bravura was misrepresented in the disputed post. The defense down from MT doesn't land consistently on targets where it's relevant, doesn't land at all on earth/wind-aligned mobs, and the evasion down is rarely if ever a consideration (not many things that are that evasive and I'd bet most or all resist the effect). If you enjoy Bravura, fine, but don't pretend it's something it's not.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-07-11 18:05:10  
Are we really having this discussion? You're angry for my pointing out that he's bullshitting people?

Did I tell people not to make Bravuras? Did I tell people that they can't have fun? No. I pointed out that a benefit he was using as a selling point for an investment that would require a lot of time and money was not valid.

Go feelings police somewhere else, I'll stay here and make sure people aren't lied to.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6