users online
Ghost Busters 3
First Page 2
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-22 10:27:26  
I just heard they're going to make a 3rd Ghost Busters movie staring the original cast. What are your thoughts on this? Think it will feel a little awkward like the 4th Indy movie?

[Ghost Busters 3]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-22 10:30:12  
I <3 Ghostbusters. I'm an old movie freak :) But dunno of original cast since they are already way oooold :/ But a little computer editing can fix that up lol
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-22 10:32:47  
The only thing I heard about this was Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis were writing a script for Ghostbusters 3 but were making it a VIDEO GAME instead of a movie.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 10:33:28  
Yeah. idk if it would work since they're all like 70. I would stick to the game coming out if you want the experience.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-05-22 10:34:23  
Excesspain said:
The only thing I heard about this was Dan Akroyd and Harold Ramis were writing a script for Ghostbusters 3 but were making it a VIDEO GAME instead of a movie.

I heard that also. I thought I saw that preview on G4 about the ghostbusters being a game.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 10:36:47  
Hypnotizd said:
Think it will feel a little awkward like the 4th Indy movie?

A little awkward? That movie was a goddamn tragedy.

I love Indy, and I was glad they were making a new one, but when they freaking nuked the fridge I was pissed. And then the monkey scene...Jesus Christ, how the hell did the monkey's know to attack the Russians? C'mon now...

I have hopes for Ghostbusters 3, though...loved those movies when I was a kid ^^
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-22 10:37:41  
Alyria said:
Excesspain said:

I heard that also. I thought I saw that preview on G4 about the ghostbusters being a game.

Not sure, they're is a link on [Internet Movie Database] for it. Guess we'll see.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 10:37:51  
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73003

There. >.> For those "WTF A GAME?!" Three weeks from nor release date.
 Leviathan.Webjester
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-05-22 10:40:31  
Here's the original article:

Dan Aykroyd Interview

Passing of the torch film? Thanks, but I'll pass.
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-05-22 10:40:49  
PS: Nobody steps on a church in my town!!
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-22 10:42:06  
Eternaltriumph said:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73003

There. >.> For those "WTF A GAME?!" Three weeks from nor release date.

I never heard of that, but from watching the preview for it I'm psyched actually. I might pick that one up for some lols.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-22 10:45:01  
Dan Akyroyd, was born Canadian, not too far from there I live on the Gamer maps, that jaerik has provided. He has learned and studied up in Kingston, Ontario Canada, and even does local broadcasts of Sunday's Blues show..

.. Dan and Bill and Harold are getting up there.. but they did decide on partnering up with Night at the Museum's Ben Stiller, and co starring Jack Black. I'm sure this may be the last of the SNL group.. but it may open the franchise with alittle more youthfull ness and pizazz.

Who knows..but its about time they Renew and FINISH GB3.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-22 12:03:23  
Looks like they want to do the same thing though with the passing of the torch that they kind of did with Indy. I swear if I see that kid as the new Indiana Jones....
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 12:08:05  
Nadia said:
Ahhh ghostbusters. Good times! I remember waiting to see the 2nd one in a double feature with Batman. lol (Yes I am old v.v) There is no way it could be as awkward feeling as that last Indiana Jones movie. It was nothing but watching a tired old man who didn't seem like he had the energy to play the character anymore. Was sad if anything lol

What is this "Double Feature" in which you speak of, witch! Blasphamy!
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-22 12:10:15  
Nadia said:
Eternaltriumph said:
Nadia said:
Ahhh ghostbusters. Good times! I remember waiting to see the 2nd one in a double feature with Batman. lol (Yes I am old v.v) There is no way it could be as awkward feeling as that last Indiana Jones movie. It was nothing but watching a tired old man who didn't seem like he had the energy to play the character anymore. Was sad if anything lol

What is this "Double Feature" in which you speak of, witch! Blasphamy!

Lmao You don't remember the 80s much do you?

That would be rough. I was born in '90. o.o I did see one of those though. In a Drive In theater...uh, like the only one left in NYS that I know of. Red Eye and Wedding Crashers. xD
 Leviathan.Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-05-22 12:18:52  
Nadia said:
That would explain why. haha All our drive ins are gone completely. I think they got tired of people like me having 1 person pay and 10 people hop the fence. *whistles* I saw a few double features in the 80s.. those low budget run down old movie theaters. I even saw crocodile dundee and ferris buellers day off as a double feature. Damn.. now I feel extra freaking old.

I remember seeing Nightmare On Elm Street 3 at a drive in double feature! Good times...
 Unicorn.Motokosun
user: mattchew
By Unicorn.Motokosun 2009-05-22 12:26:28  
if it is anywhere as cool as the other 2 then im super excited, god even if they just bring back zool i'll be happy!
 Ifrit.Rikiyame
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Rikiyame
By Ifrit.Rikiyame 2009-05-22 12:43:44  
Ghostbusters: the Video game comes out 6/16/09. Originally, it was supposed to come out 10/31/08 but was dropped a week before the relase date. PC/PS3/360 are realistic, Wii/PS2 are TF2 like characters, and the DS is a simulation where you run the GB headquarters. A PSP version comes out this fall, but of which style, I don't know. Dan Akroyd says that the game is to finish this trilogy and that the movie is to start a new trilogy. Zuul is the main bad guy for the game, so I don't know about the new movies. IGN has the most information along with http://blogs.ign.com/Atari_Ghostbusters

P.S. Ilyssa (named in script before being cast) is played by Alyssa Milano and is the love interest of Venkman.

P.P.S Dan Akroyd put together http://crystalheadvodka.com/ and in one of the IGN videos, you can see it glowing in the background.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 12:58:58  
Nadia said:
I even saw crocodile dundee and ferris buellers day off as a double feature. Damn.. now I feel extra freaking old.

I'm with ya, I remember seeing those in the theater, too. Loved Ferris Bueller when I was a kid ^^

Just to drive home the "old" part, saw the first Back to the Future in the theater, as well as the first Ghostbusters, The Black Cauldron (that movie scared me as a kid lol), Return of the Jedi (I was really young though so barely remember it, but I had lots of the toys ^^)...

There was obviously more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head lol
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-22 13:10:05  
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Nadia said:
I even saw crocodile dundee and ferris buellers day off as a double feature. Damn.. now I feel extra freaking old.

I'm with ya, I remember seeing those in the theater, too. Loved Ferris Bueller when I was a kid ^^

Just to drive home the "old" part, saw the first Back to the Future in the theater, as well as the first Ghostbusters, The Black Cauldron (that movie scared me as a kid lol), Return of the Jedi (I was really young though so barely remember it, but I had lots of the toys ^^)...

There was obviously more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head lol

And The Passion of Christ, but when it actually happened.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 13:13:26  
Excesspain said:
And The Passion of Christ, but when it actually happened.

LOL
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-22 13:34:54  
Haha I know just giving you hell. I'm 26 so I remember that stuff being in theaters just never saw it there.
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-05-22 13:36:15  
the original cast will be in the movie to help introduce the new generation of ghostbusters.
 Asura.Zekky
サーバ: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 13:36:49  
Not the entire real cast will be there. Rick Moranis isn't going to be showing up in the movie. When asked why, he said that he had enough money from his other movies. That made me really sad. =(
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 13:38:55  
Zekky said:
Not the entire real cast will be there. Rick Moranis isn't going to be showing up in the movie. When asked why, he said that he had enough money from his other movies. That made me really sad. =(

His wife of 20 something years died a few years ago of some kind of cancer, I believe, and I read that Rick Moranis has been really depressed about it (to be expected). Because of that, he pretty much became a recluse and lives a quiet life.

That's sad...
 Asura.Hatheron
user: Hatheron
By Asura.Hatheron 2009-05-22 13:41:37  
Zekky said:
...enough money...

No such thing!!!
 Garuda.Littledarc
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-05-22 13:41:45  
maybe he will go to the movie premier...
 Asura.Zekky
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 13:42:23  
Yeah, I demand my slapstick Ghostbuster. After all, he was the one who saved us in Ghostbuster II... Or so New York thinks anyway.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-22 13:43:12  
Nadia said:
That would explain why. haha All our drive ins are gone completely. I think they got tired of people like me having 1 person pay and 10 people hop the fence. *whistles* I saw a few double features in the 80s.. those low budget run down old movie theaters. I even saw crocodile dundee and ferris buellers day off as a double feature. Damn.. now I feel extra freaking old.

Now whose old??

There is still a drive in theatres in 2 areas in Canada that I know of..

My double feat. was Teachers.. and St. Elmos Fire...

Now whose old????

and look At Demi Moore now?? Ill post a pic later when I come home... Ill have to quote myself.. tho.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 13:45:13  
Neonracer said:
Now whose old??

There is still a drive in theatres in 2 areas in Canada that I know of..

My double feat. was Teachers.. and St. Elmos Fire...

Now whose old????

and look At Demi Moore now?? Ill post a pic later when I come home... Ill have to quote myself.. tho.

Oh man, Demi Moore was so hot back in the day, I used to drool over her in "One Crazy Summer" as a pre-teen lol

Now she looks like a mannequin. Nasty.
First Page 2