this real?
 Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 18:33:46  
volkom said: »
this real?
Totally legit. It's from test server files.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-16 18:34:50  
btw how are people looking at these?
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 18:36:21  
Spira's pictures were done with EWH Viewer. I would try it myself, but I reformatted my hard drive, and I can't be bothered to set it up again.
 Cerberus.Cahlum
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cahlum
By Cerberus.Cahlum 2012-06-16 18:38:13  
Explains why the update took so long
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-16 18:39:33  
Seaside city, seaside jungle...seaside jungle seaside jungle...SEASIDE JUNGLE.

*grabs a paper bag to breathe*

Just who the hell cares about gameplay right now! Let me remember what I loved about this game, and it was not some silly endgame.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-06-16 18:40:28  
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
FFXI already went full retard, I don't think any amount of new zones can salvage the gameplay damage that was done.

The gameplay is exactly the same as it was at 75. The problem is the events themselves.

Latifah said: »
I wonder if they will eventually shutdown ffxi when ff14 patch 2.0+ comes, it will pull so much people from ffxi if they are successful with it

No, it won't. Putting a number in front of a game doesn't magically draw people back to what will always be a failed MMO. I actually got banned from the official forums the other day for saying this.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see what these zones are for.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 18:42:08  
Cerberus.Cahlum said: »
Explains why the update took so long
My initial thought was this too, but I don't think any of these files are in the main game folder. Pretty sure ROM9 only exists in the test server folder.
[+]
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-16 18:45:57  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Just who the hell cares about gameplay right now! Let me remember what I loved about this game, and it was not some silly endgame.
time to frollic in the sands!
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-16 18:47:57  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
No, it won't. Putting a number in front of a game doesn't magically draw people back to what will always be a failed MMO. I actually got banned from the official forums the other day for saying this.

Actually I know a lot of people who say "I can't wait for 2.0" so really, you're comment was pretty ignorant. Not only that but the game has massively changed so it "always being a failed MMO" is really prejudice.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-16 18:48:46  
I wonder if they will eventually shutdown ffxi when ff14 patch 2.0+ comes, it will pull so much people from ffxi if they are successful with it

Most people wouldn't touch ff14 with a ten foot pole, and I can hardly blame them. It will only be years behind other MMOs when 2.0 comes out... and RIFT's expansion is out... and this will be out... and Guild Wars 2 is out...
By GraddHelian 2012-06-16 18:50:39  
Most people have a bad taste of release in their mouth still yea, I did, and I can tell you the game doesnt taste anything like that anymore.

Its looking very promising.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cicada
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-06-16 18:51:59  
This isn't an XIV bash/white knight thread.. take the tired debate to the PM's. :/
[+]
By volkom 2012-06-16 18:53:28  
***, i may need to resubscribe now
By Fyyvoaa 2012-06-16 18:59:57  
Well this looks interesting, might have to resub if something like this is true... just so I can go exploring.
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2012-06-16 19:01:24  
volkom said: »
***, i may need to resubscribe now
come to bismark if ya dooo!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-16 19:02:05  
So glad I never did start a new MMO and decided to just do FFXI and D3 now.
I'm having a small nerdgazm atm.
If this is a new expansion, it would be the thing I'd be the most happy to spend money on in a long time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-16 19:09:34  
Odin.Eikechi said: »

Actually I know a lot of people who say "I can't wait for 2.0" so really, you're comment was pretty ignorant. Not only that but the game has massively changed so it "always being a failed MMO" is really prejudice.

Even if "a lot of people" amounted to 100 it doesnt change the fact that the game has failed since launch and a relaunch in the winter of an enormously competitive market of not only MMOs but other PC games like Diablo 3 and GW2 is going to change very little about the status of XIV.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-16 19:13:46  
I'm sorry Vic. I didn't know you could see the future of gaming. Tell me what the next big hit is, so I can make millions. kthx.... Obvious hyperbole is obvious, but point being, people ARE interested in it. And I think it really will change the status of 14. Keep hatin' on it if you really want. But that kind of attitude will affect the game negatively. If you keep spreading "oh it's still gonna be garbage" all over the place, people will eventually believe you. I wouldn't want to see a game I'm enjoying die to the "rumor mill", because that's just plain unnecessary considering most of the mud slinging is from people who haven't given the game a chance since a bad launch. Guess what? XI's launch was massively junk even on NA shores. So was D3, with server issues. /end rant /end derail
[+]
 Shiva.Octorok
user: Eldarias
By Shiva.Octorok 2012-06-16 19:15:46  
Dammit. I was already trying to resist the urge to resub and I see this. Gonna have to watch Vanafest now.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-16 19:31:42  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

I cannot [+] you enough.
[+]
By nyheen 2012-06-16 20:28:08  
People complain about anything, can be good or bad, anyways new zones will be nice.

my guess is they gonna pull out a big surprise with a new expnsion pack maybe at this VanaFest 2012 or before at the end of the year. that right iam betting on it.lol
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-16 20:29:15  
The evidence always suggested that they were planning something. Didn't the partition size for the PS2 get increased recently, or am I remembering wrong?
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2012-06-16 20:30:43  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
The evidence always suggested that they were planning something. Didn't the partition size for the PS2 get increased recently, or am I remembering wrong?

Yes it did, this update. 10GB to 19GB.
By Latifah 2012-06-16 20:30:43  
Ya there have been some subject about that, i don't remember well tho
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2012-06-16 20:34:59  
So what if the reason we've been getting low quality updates lately is because they've been working hard on the expansion?! Would make sense in a weird kind of way...

However, I must profess some worry as to gear progression;

75 cap FFXI: ~horizontal gear progression. Very sidegradey. Outside of Byakko's Haidate and Homam Legs (and the movement speed pieces for the mages), gear upgrades were fairly marginal.

76-90 cap FFXI (Abyssea era): strong vertical gear progression. Strong upgrades. Most upgrades were on the tier of Byakko's Haidate and such.

VW FFXI: Semi-vertical gear progression. Still a lot of sidegrade and situational gear, but generally good improvements. Obviously drop rates suck etc but the gear itself is fairly well designed on the whole.

NeoNyzul: vertical gear progression. Fantastic upgrades, especially on the Thaumas/Phorcys side of gear.

Recent update: ~horizontal. Most are sidegrades, one or two nice pieces.

If this is an expansion, what will it bring? Since FFXI's level cap is presumably fixed forever at 99 now, are they going to revert to 75 philosophy and make us work our butts off for 1% increases? Or are they going to really get a good tiered hierarchical system going? I am hoping for the latter, and further hope this update was not a symptom of the former.
By Latifah 2012-06-16 20:36:16  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Odin.Zicdeh said: »
FFXI already went full retard, I don't think any amount of new zones can salvage the gameplay damage that was done.

The gameplay is exactly the same as it was at 75. The problem is the events themselves.

Maybe because you should get a little education before making yourself looking like a troll. All you do is posting crap about ff14 without knowing what's going on the game atm.

It's growing really fast and a lot of people are expecting the 2.0 patch/re-sub when releases, unlike ffxi that is being a fail MMO now. Some butthurt hardcore ffxi fans in denial that they can't accept the fact that ffxi have no relevance and not fun to play anymore, to the point that lost tons of subs /removal of 16 servers in less than 2 years.
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-16 20:41:23  
XIV had 12,000 active users in February '12. No reason for that number to have grown by more than a couple thousand, and thats generous. Its not "growing" at all, hopefully 2.0 can bring about positive change that will point the game in the right direction. But don't expect the number of active users to just explode with a 15.00 sub fee still hanging over the title.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14