All My Friends Quit. Is It Worth Returning?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Lakshmi » All my friends quit. Is it worth returning?
All my friends quit. Is it worth returning?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-03 00:14:13  
I've been on an XI hiatus for several months now, and got that familiar urge to come back home, only to find out that basically everyone I've been playing with for the past year or two that didn't bail out when Abyssea hit have all seemingly stopped playing the game during my latest break...

Since that means I have no LS to return to, nor any network of friends basically, would it be worth trying to get established in another shell at this point in the game?

I've read that they've added in some new big LS event called Legions, but no clue how many people do that on Lakshmi at the moment. Is VW and WoE still active on Lakshmi? They were pretty fun time killers when I was last around, honestly. Also, since according to all these AH profiles, everyone I was buddy buddy with left around mid April - mid May, did something happen in XI from the devs or something that would cause people to just up and quit? Haven't been keeping up with XI things since I've been leaning more towards good man Yoshi-P's offers to turn dead weight lead into 2.0 Gold, so not really sure what all I've been missing out on the Tanaka Train.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-03 00:23:33  
VW is dying, Legion never picked up, and WoE is as stupid as ever.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-03 00:45:36  
Forgot all about Neo-Nyzule being added into the game. Sounds like I've got some wiki catching up to do on both that as well as Legions. Kinda sucks though if VW is dying out already, since it looked like SE was really banking on that lasting for quite awhile as far as content goes.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Hikikomori
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Hikikomori 2012-06-03 01:01:37  
Returning to the game with no friends in tow is really lame. I've tried to fit back in for about two months now and it really sucks not having that one fun/productive LS. Sucks even more trying to find a new one.
By Xenshi 2012-06-03 01:05:01  
Odin.Ryuotas said: »
He did it, so can you.

Legion is still pretty uncharted, due to its far more demanding nature (in terms of people refining their attention span and actually playing/gearing their damn jobs properly). It has the potential to be a great event once people get out of the Abyssea mentality (picture it like Proto-Einherjar, except more fun, more rewarding, and more challenging). Nothing substantial has happened, Tanaka still sucks, Neo-Nyzul is great fast paced fun, implements are coming at a snail's pace (but coming, nonetheless), and Tanaka still sucks.

Hope that helped.
I lol'd

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-03 01:14:06  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
VW is dying, Legion never picked up, and WoE is as stupid as ever.

^ yep
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-06-03 01:38:28  
Just wait a few more months OP.
By mortontony1 2012-06-03 02:09:03  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »

Yeah within the next few months I would expect it will be possible to see if this downhill thing they've been doing for the past while will either get better/maintain or if it's turning into an irreversible nose dive.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-06-03 02:48:29  
Friends are the only reason left to play FFXI
[+]
By Wakkaa123 2012-06-03 02:57:31  
Change servers, lakshmi is completely dead.
 Lakshmi.Ryanx
user: ryanx
By Lakshmi.Ryanx 2012-06-03 03:51:59  
I was woundering were the hell you went lol
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2012-06-03 12:11:34  

mortontony1 said: »

Yeah within the next few months I would expect it will be possible to see if this downhill thing they've been doing for the past while will either get better/maintain or if it's turning into an irreversible nose dive.

Just curious, but is there some big content planned in the coming months that isn't listed on the revised roadmap for later 2012 - 2013 that basically looks like it's going to retool Limbus / Ein, and add in UI options? Was checking to see what might be coming down the tubes in a few months that would spice the game up again and possibly cause people to resub, but kinda looking a bit sparse this year from what I'm looking at, outside of rebalancing older content.

Then again, SE seems to be doing pretty good with the updating older content after everyone figures it out, if the praise for Neo-Nyzule and with how so many people are spamming Neo-Dyna is any indication.
 Asura.Krysanthia
user: krysi
By Asura.Krysanthia 2012-06-03 12:22:57  
Neo-Dynamis is a breeze on right jobs, most people I know solo or duo nowadays. Neo nyzul ...bleh.....and legion like everyone else said never really took off..at least not the way that SE wanted it to. VW is still very much active on my server as are most of the old content as more people are returning back to FFXI after months or even years of hiatus. Neo-Dynamis made it so much easier now to get currency needed for relics hence the high appeal for it..of course you do run into problems with fighting over te's and sometimes even mobs..but other than that..its alot of fun without needing a full alliance to deal with or even a linkshell. thats just my view on it.
 Cerberus.Robmelee
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Robmelee
By Cerberus.Robmelee 2012-06-03 12:24:12  
Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
I've been on an XI hiatus for several months now, and got that familiar urge to come back home, only to find out that basically everyone I've been playing with for the past year or two that didn't bail out when Abyssea hit have all seemingly stopped playing the game during my latest break...

Since that means I have no LS to return to, nor any network of friends basically, would it be worth trying to get established in another shell at this point in the game?

I've read that they've added in some new big LS event called Legions, but no clue how many people do that on Lakshmi at the moment. Is VW and WoE still active on Lakshmi? They were pretty fun time killers when I was last around, honestly. Also, since according to all these AH profiles, everyone I was buddy buddy with left around mid April - mid May, did something happen in XI from the devs or something that would cause people to just up and quit? Haven't been keeping up with XI things since I've been leaning more towards good man Yoshi-P's offers to turn dead weight lead into 2.0 Gold, so not really sure what all I've been missing out on the Tanaka Train.

Come back only if you really miss the game and truly enjoyed playing. That will offset the fact you have no friends/LS to return too, and the idea of re-establishing yourself with a new LS and making new friends will be more acceptable to you. After all that is all apart of the adventure.

Good Luck.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-07-15 03:13:55  
Wakkaa123 said: »

I beg to differ.

edit: argh, necro'd.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ziroku
user: ziro67
By Asura.Ziroku 2012-08-27 18:29:38  
Lakshmi.Aelius said: »

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ with your difference. I just switched here it's kind of hard to get parties.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-27 18:54:19  
Just keep waiting OP.
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-08-28 01:02:01  
Asura.Ziroku said: »

I beg to differ.

I beg to differ with your difference. I just switched here it's kind of hard to get parties.

Parties for what?

I have an exp party nearly everyday I play.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-28 01:04:46  
I dont think he was talking about xp parties, as there are rmt parties going on 24/7 across all servers.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-08-28 01:09:10  
Plenty of Linkshells involved with endgame content that run events 4-6 times a week.
 Asura.Ziroku
user: ziro67
By Asura.Ziroku 2012-08-28 17:38:23  
Plenty of Linkshells involved with endgame content that run events 4-6 times a week.

When you want to do pick up parties for seals or such no one joins it just the same exp and vw shouts. No one joins pts here
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-08-28 23:07:39  
Well, never had that issue. I got most my seals through pick up parties.
 Shiva.Viciousss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-08-28 23:21:34  
seals are soloable, no one joins those shouts because everyone is done with them.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Mnkk 2012-08-28 23:51:29  
Don't pick this game up again. Its still a ton of fun but if you have already broke the addiction, stay out of it.