Incoming Server Merge?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Incoming Server Merge?
Incoming Server Merge?
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Kingofkingz
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kok
By Leviathan.Kingofkingz 2012-06-01 06:07:49  
Hi ffxi player´s !

900 - 1k ppl online in prime time. half of them dual boxer mules or afk basar.

Any Idea if this Game Die now or we get a Server Merge again Incoming?
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-01 06:13:02  
We're still waiting on Vana'census results, but even I have the feeling that servers merges may happen again. I wouldn't rule out the possibility.
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-06-01 06:22:01  
With new games coming (Diablo 3, PSO2 soon), SE trying to make 14 better, 0 new content added in ff11 for so long (plz rehash on old stuff isnt new) i can see the population going down very very fast.

I know at least 20-25 ppl that quit in the past year (permanently) and a lot others taking breaks just because of this, game needs something like abyssea again (when they added it, the game was in the same state) or a brand new expansion.

At this rate, they will run out of stuff to rehash lol (well, there's still sky <.<)
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-06-01 06:45:27  
Please no :/
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-06-01 06:46:45  
xenomasterkenshin said: »
With new games coming (Diablo 3, PSO2 soon), SE trying to make 14 better, 0 new content added in ff11 for so long (plz rehash on old stuff isnt new) i can see the population going down very very fast.

I know at least 20-25 ppl that quit in the past year (permanently) and a lot others taking breaks just because of this, game needs something like abyssea again (when they added it, the game was in the same state) or a brand new expansion.

At this rate, they will run out of stuff to rehash lol (well, there's still sky <.<)

I agree with this. Game has been getting boring for me as well. The rehashed content ain't purely entertaining and basicly all my friends are just dedicating empys, etc.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zangada
サーバ: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-06-01 06:54:10  
I don't think a server merge will help, its not the number of ppl thats the prob is the amount of stuff to do.
[+]
By xenomasterkenshin 2012-06-01 06:54:54  
Im not saying abyssea V2 with level 130 mobs and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE atmas/buffs, but some big event that's good for casuals/big groups as well, with lots of stuff to do.

@Novadragon. All i've done in the past year is: build empys, spam dynamis, do VW for poor drops (and with poor i mean 0/600+ pil) and level jobs to have more variety for the rehashed events (lol).

This is a great game ran by a company that will kill it in hopes those ppl would go to 14 (another lol).
 Ragnarok.Dankiller
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: DANIEL10
By Ragnarok.Dankiller 2012-06-01 07:03:44  
I agree it already get boring....
I play less now avg. play 2-3 hrs weekly and weekend alike more play cause ppl show up LS lol....
That's life...
By Latifah 2012-06-01 07:07:40  
Guildwars2 will potentially pull a lot of people from ffxi, the game will end up with 1 server or 2 because SE is working really hard on ff14. They wont put anything new for ffxi. I don't know why people still play it
[+]
By Azmodan 2012-06-01 07:20:54  
They will most likely announce something at the Vana'fest, but didn't they display that in the events line up that there would be a server merge two years ago? I know last years merge was just announced at random cause there was a lack of vana'fest.

Probably mostly due to the Earthquake and what not.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 07:28:10  
I really hope to god they don't merge us again.

Dynamis/etc. already is overpopulated at almost all times of day.

I want fewer people around me; not more ***.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-01 07:31:28  
On Phoenix the debates Phoenix vs Titan are still going on to this day lol.
[+]
By Azmodan 2012-06-01 07:31:56  
On my server there is tops 6 people in any of the CoP zones for NA prime, only a hand full of shells actually do ADL, and the JPs are split themselves to Whitegate while NA rule Jeuno.
By Azmodan 2012-06-01 07:32:37  
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »

Pretty sure Rock > Flaming Bird.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-01 07:35:03  
Only thing I can say is if a server merge happens again, I hope I at least end up with a server where there's people I know :(
 Cerberus.Valmur
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-06-01 07:35:46  

Yeah same on Cerberus lol followed by a quick GTFO from 10+ people in shout
 Ragnarok.Eluveitie
user: Eluveitie
By Ragnarok.Eluveitie 2012-06-01 07:37:37  
Sadly for me even though I've been through it 20+ times Fallout New Vegas is more interesting than FFXI atm. I haven't logged for a month at this point because when I do log in just stare at the screen and log out.
Bahamut.Zangada said: »
I don't think a server merge will help, its not the number of ppl thats the prob is the amount of stuff to do.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2012-06-01 07:40:31  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I really hope to god they don't merge us again.

Dynamis/etc. already is overpopulated at almost all times of day.

I want fewer people around me; not more ***.
Pretty much.

Since they broke the concept of big groups, it's very easy to cockblock any event with a handful of players, especially if they don't team up. It would be really bad for many things if we had a merge.

I'm personally ok with the state of the game right now, I have things to do either solo or with friends, I can't complain. I'm not in a particular hurry for any new content, seeing what Legion and Provenance are and how Nyzul is a 50/50 event. I would rather them to take some time and release something solid.

I'll play games like PSO2 like crazy that's for sure, but all these MMOs and random games are very limited in time, it's impossible to spend my life on them or even more than a month. Some people like FFXI because it is FFXI, not because it's a MMO. I don't like MMOs, I like FFXI, no other MMO kept me more than a week, excluding PSO back in 2001.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Bizzy
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Wasteland
By Carbuncle.Bizzy 2012-06-01 08:14:28  
Ive played since release of game and was so addicted to the game. I played everyday since the release and really loved the game. Now these last few months i've played like 2-3 times maybe. Guess we get older and also the game gets old. Guess I have just lost interest, or more interesting things I could be doing. I dont think id ever delete my account just too much work put into it. But the game isnt as fun as it used to be .
[+]
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-06-01 08:25:47  
Cerberus.Valmur said: »

Yeah same on Cerberus lol followed by a quick GTFO from 10+ people in shout

On Fenrir we had no arguments nor problems about the merge. Everything went smooth. Really.
[+]
 Leviathan.Behemothx
user: BehemothZ
By Leviathan.Behemothx 2012-06-01 08:39:28  
Leviathan.Kingofkingz said: »
Hi ffxi player´s !

900 - 1k ppl online in prime time. half of them dual boxer mules or afk basar.

Any Idea if this Game Die now or we get a Server Merge again Incoming?

9:39am EST - 1986 people on leviathan. I guess most of the people who quit are NA/EU...
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 08:43:03  
Azmodan said: »
On my server there is tops 6 people in any of the CoP zones for NA prime, only a hand full of shells actually do ADL, and the JPs are split themselves to Whitegate while NA rule Jeuno.

Six people is too many for a CoP zone unless you’re really lucky and they’re all Beastmasters sticking to EP mobs. In most cases that means there's at least one person doing at least one set of mobs in the cycle of mobs I want to be doing.

Hell, if it’s Tavnazia, even ONE other person in zone and it’s pretty much be guaranteed you’re boned. There’s really only one good farming cycle there for DCs.

With the exception of one particular mob, my partner and I can clear any of the DC group of mobs we farm all by ourselves; ANY competition can drastically reduce results. For both us and the other people there. Which leads to serious frustration.

We already can't run on weekends without getting significantly lower numbers than usual because the zones are just too damned crowded.

Before we enter we search all zones to see which is the emptiest. We’ve got a pretty good feel for the people who run consistently the same times that we do. We can almost never do Valkurm (normally 15+ people). Qufim is generally 4-8 people and we have to ask around to be sure no one is doing the mobs we do, otherwise we’re boned. Bubu is the most forgiving, generally there are 5-12 people and there are more options for acceptable targets. Tav we don’t do unless it’s completely empty.

But one random person who doesn’t both to search before entering and who thinks they’re going to farm the same mobs can mess up the whole thing.

A merge would exponentially compound this problem.

As far as merges causing friction, I’ve noticed no serious issues between Seraph and Bismarck players. That said, I still miss being on Seraph.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-01 08:46:56  
I never even farm anymore lately :/ every time I search a Dreamland there always 10-25 people, which are more than I want to deal with. Even only 8 can pretty much mess an entire zone.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 08:50:55  
I never even farm anymore lately :/ every time I search a Dreamland there always 10-25 people, which are more than I want to deal with. Even only 8 can pretty much mess an entire zone.

Eight is definitely the point where, while I'll still go, I've resigned myself to knowing coin count is going to be lowered.

Edit: in fairness, it doesn't always happen. Sometimes there can be 12-16 people in zone but you're lucky and your mobs are free. But it's still about lowering your expectations to avoid dissapointment at that point.
[+]
 Asura.Xredx
サーバ: Asura
user: xredx
By Asura.Xredx 2012-06-01 09:17:20  
Diabolo 3 brought Asura down to 1,500. We used to 2,200 during N/A prime time. People come and go but they always return.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 09:30:01  
I don't know why Diablo 3 would lower players logged in significantly. You can play D3 windowed on top of FFXI. I do it all the time and kill things any time I've got downtime in XI.

It's wonderful for pickup VW where you've got people going afk to smoke, take care of their brats, put out the dog that's on fire, etc. between pops.
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-01 09:31:51  
I agree. Tera and, soon FFXIV, are more likely to drain the playerbase being pay-to-play mmo. I think.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2012-06-01 09:34:27  
No more MMOs for me.

I've got a new Roland e-kit, about 15 games I've bought as deals on Steam/elsewhere that I still need to play eventually, D3 to hulk out in and, you know...a life outside of my house of which I've been semi-negligent for the better part of a decade thanks -- partially, at least -- to XI.

Sometimes I wish they'd just blow up XI and put us out of our misery. But that won't happen.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Alryc
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Alryc
By Lakshmi.Alryc 2012-06-01 09:58:49  
Would be nice if they killed the game. Every time I consider quitting I say to myself "but what will I do when I'm really really bored?" which is a silly question cuz it's not like I'm not bored on XI. Just don't have the will power to quit lol. I haven't played in about a week or so now and that's easy to do but actually canceling the subscription, now that's a toughy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-06-01 09:59:31  
If they merge again, I hope they do a Ballista Royale of sorts, where the winning server gets to keep the name of the 2 servers being merged. Would a least bring some excitement to it.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12