They Messed Up Macros?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » They messed up macros?
They messed up macros?
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-21 19:05:07  
Why my Spirit Link and Angon Macros don't work anymore since last patch?-_-
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-21 19:07:22  
Show us your macro syntax.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-21 19:07:26  
Nothing wrong with macros or you'd have seen an emergency maintenance by now. You probably either had something correcting a mistake that is no longer loaded ie spellcast or your macro is just broken.

A ss or copying the text here is likely to let us know what's up.
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-21 19:11:04  
I don't use spellcast, i know it used to work and now don't work anymore lol... well this is the macro:

Quote:
input /equip ammo "Angon"
input /equip hands "Wym. Fng. Gnt. +2"
pause 1
/ja "Angon" <t>
pause 1
input /equip ammo "Thew Bomblet"
input /equip hands "Brego Gloves"

Quote:
input /equip head "Drachen Armet +1"
input /equip hands "Lncr. Vmbrc. +2"
pause 1
/ja "Spirit Link" <me>
pause 1
input /equip head "Lancer's Mezail +1"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-21 19:25:31  
Edit your macros so that you have a echo line in them and test it. If it works then the issue is with something else but if it doesn't you're likely having an issue with the way you are calling the macro:
Code
input /equip ammo "Angon"
input /equip hands "Wym. Fng. Gnt. +2"
pause 1
/ja "Angon" <t>
pause 1
input /equip ammo "Thew Bomblet"
input /echo This works.

As a note, the few script macros I have work fine and they use this format:

/console exec "filename.txt"

Other issues might be a G15 binder if you use that keyboard or maybe you just need to restart your pc and reload everything from scratch to see if it was a fluke.
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-21 19:31:20  
what i found strange is that it swaps my gear but doesn't execute the command.. It used to work just yesterday:(
By Caivian 2012-05-21 19:41:14  
do these job ability lines actually work without using input before them? seems strange that they would.

Sylph.Kelvinclein said: »
/ja "Angon" <t>
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-21 19:42:25  
I think i found out, I put Input before the /ja and it worked out.. dunno why it stoped working from a day to another tho lol
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-21 19:44:03  
I don't see how they ever worked ^^;
 Sylph.Liltrouble
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-05-21 19:44:27  
I've noticed, as well as others, that the macroes have a long time to execute once you tap whichever you want. It's almost as if when you, for example, hit your stun macro, there's a wait 2 before it casts.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2012-05-21 20:25:10  
Sylph.Liltrouble said: »
I've noticed, as well as others, that the macroes have a long time to execute once you tap whichever you want. It's almost as if when you, for example, hit your stun macro, there's a wait 2 before it casts.
wait dose this happen to all the macros seeing as if i have a late vok it is the difference of life or death with my class.

edit

btw for everyone saying things about macros it just sounds like it is lagging or a glitch best idea i can come up with is give it sometime and if something is really wrong se will get around sooner or later to fixing it.

if something is really wrong best thing u can do to make sure se knows is submit a ticket with them to let them know that there is something wrong with what ever system
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-21 20:32:40  
I've had no trouble with my macros firing off. If you are having a delay in action after hitting a macro, it is most likely due to a poor connections. That isn't saying that SE couldn't be the cause of such, but I've noticed nothing wrong as of yet.
 Siren.Fupafighters
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 20:58:47  
How the hell do i fix this dumb problem. I use 2 macroes for swap to ws, tp, PDT. And when I press both, half the time in VW fights, it will miss a piece or two. Happens in dyna too. If RUINS my 5 hit and it pisses me off. I will not justify it by only using 1 macro for ws.
 Shiva.Paulu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-21 21:07:58  
Redundancy. Try putting the last item or two in your first macro into your 2nd macro. The way macros work is if you press a new macro the previous one you hit stops running. you may be cycling through your macros too fast.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 22:28:59  
Shiva.Paulu said: »
Redundancy. Try putting the last item or two in your first macro into your 2nd macro. The way macros work is if you press a new macro the previous one you hit stops running. you may be cycling through your macros too fast.
I use 10 macro slots for ws on my samurai. I have 6 in one, 4 in the other. Doesn't fix it lol. And by pressing my macroes apart like that, I would lose my 5 hit often too. I just think it's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE that that happens. Only way to really fix it from what I can see, is spellcast. And I don't enjoy my laptop over xbox.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-21 22:37:42  
I'm sorry. I'm not sure why it doesn't work then, but for what it's worth, I do recommend using a wired xbox controller on the PC. I love it that way. I used to play on xbox and absolutely love the game on PC.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 22:42:56  
I'm sorry. I'm not sure why it doesn't work then, but for what it's worth, I do recommend using a wired xbox controller on the PC. I love it that way. I used to play on xbox and absolutely love the game on PC.
I use a wireless keyboard for xbox. I hate controllers. Can't go through my damn 4-5 pages of macros per job fast with a controller lol. I just don't like small screens, and I dual box. So using xbox for my main seems logical.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 22:43:38  
I heard they were completely redoing macro's soon. Like adding more slots to macro's and such. Is that just a rumor?
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-21 23:00:19  
Yeah they are overhauling the whole thing, but for mouse/keyboard users. I can't recall if that affects xbox/ps2 keyboard users but it may just be PC. I haven't kept up with it since its still a ways off.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-21 23:02:37  
Yeah they are overhauling the whole thing, but for mouse/keyboard users. I can't recall if that affects xbox/ps2 keyboard users but it may just be PC. I haven't kept up with it since its still a ways off.
Gooooooooooooood. I really hate the macro system in this game lol, and I macro everything. Hell I even have warding circle macro for my sam with gear swaps. I have crap for all my temps, random gearsets for weird situations. It's horrible without spellcast.
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-22 02:09:05  
I am kinda satisfated with the macros, swapping doesn't make them mix at all, not missing pieces or whatever.

The only thing I haven't understood yet, it's why Healing breath sometimes fails to trigger.. even when I am in red HP... for a while I thought it was a macro problem..
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-05-22 02:44:10  
I noticed something with my macros since the update, idk if it's me or what but i'd say the timing isn't the same as before. I.e. i usually open the main menu with Ctrl + O, since the update, if the macro window shows up before i hit the O the comand wouldn't work.
It works fine now but idk if it's because i got unconsciently used to the new timing or because they fixed it :/
I'm experiencing troubles also on Sch, since my macros for it are more complex than for other jobs.
I use a lot of /macro set 2, /macro set 3 and stuff like that to move around what i want and never had any issue with it.
But now i feel that something is extrange with that, laggy or something. The other day on NI did a Acc/Perp Viruna instead of embrava because of the *** macro that didn't change the set <.<
I didn't give it much importance but yesterday that i played sch again was feeling the same again, something not going on as before and idk what D;