Conserve MP Precast Or Midtcast ?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Conserve MP precast or midtcast ?
Conserve MP precast or midtcast ?
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-05-04 17:01:34  
should conserve mp gear be in pre or mid-cast?
im assuming midtcast since that is when the mp get "paid"
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-04 17:27:32  
It only works when you have it on when the spell resolves so unless you wanna loose out on potency you can't use full conserve mp gear. Mp gets paid when you finish casting.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-05-04 17:30:30  
i well i dint mind loosing a little cure power for some conserve mp when mp is less thant 50%

and also i wanna use conserve mp and -emnity gear alot on spells that does not need to be "powered" like haste
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-05-04 17:53:46  
If you are using spellcast then "midcast" is where you would choose to have the gear equip to be sure it will be on by the time your spell resolves. Whm generally doesn't have to worry so much about mp efficiency but the choice is yours to make just be sure you have the conserve mp gear on before the spell finishes for it to work.

As for my own recommendations, don't give up too much cure power right off the bat. Play strategy and better idle gear might help keep your mp at a better level. If you don't have a lot of refresh gear I'd look in to that to help you keep up. Be sure you aren't over curing too much and make use of cure 4's much improved power.

You can gear for the situation if you know you'll have trouble with mp then you can adjust things as needed. If you use spellcast then you can utilize groups or other rules to optimize.

I like to put haste gear in the haste spell since more often than not I need to cast it in a cycle and I don't like waiting 15-20 seconds for the recast time.

There isn't one right way to do it so you can optimize how you'd like but there are certain things that I find work better and worse for the way I play.