users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New 2hr abilities what would you like to see
New 2hr abilities what would you like to see
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Blze
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Blze 2012-05-02 01:20:59  
As the 2012 road map for FFXI has shown, a batch of new 2hrs are on the horizon. will they share the same timer as the old 2hr our hopes would not but odds are they will. So i pose this question what would u like to see in jobs new 2 hr?

me personally:

Rng - Forest Friend
Call a Pixie pet to aid you in a fight also when you die its last act is to drop a raise on you before it disappears.

Rdm - Impervious
Aoe Magical Invincibility

Mnk- Deathblow
insta-kill or massive damage 4-7k

pld- Crusade
adds your defense to your attack but doesn't drop your def
Hundred Fist like attack speed with a one-handed weapon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-02 01:28:34  
I still think it would be a balanced, fair, fitting, and useful thing if Blue Mage was able to cast any learned spell, whether it's set or not for like 45 seconds or something.

Could even make it so any Job Traits and stat bonuses from the spells were also active. Though that would likely be extremely over-powered.

Think about it: Blue Mage is a job about versatility and situations. You set your spells based on the situation. If that situation is altered (which is typically why one would use a two-hour in the first place), such a job ability would re-adjust you to whatever situation you needed.
[+]
 Asura.Kenrusai
サーバ: Asura
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2012-05-02 01:29:43  
blm - chainspell
By Chyula 2012-05-02 01:36:05  
Turn into Tanaka and toss BARANCE banner at the mob for some BARANCED dmg.
[+]
By mortontony1 2012-05-02 01:47:38  
War 2nd 2 hour - Unleashes a flurry of incredibly curate but incredibly weak attacks.
Thinking like -90% attack but drops delay down to near nothing. Something along those lines.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-05-02 01:50:22  
Nin: Clone Shadows - When you cast utsusemi, your shadows become clones that can attack, similar to Vee the Titterer in Castle O_S

Rng: Chaingun - Auto-Fire with minimal delay (like 100 fist), slightly lowered accuracy. Recycle cannot proc. Duration 60 secs

Cor: Crap shoot - Roll your dice 3 times, with the total of all 3 rolls giving that many random job rolls. I.E. - if you roll 5, 5, 4, you receive 14 random rolls, at 11 strength with job in party. Cannot grant non-job specific rolls (no tactical roll, etc) however you can roll those before or after as normal to gain the effects. Duration: 90 secs from first roll
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-02 01:51:35  
mortontony1 said: »
War 2nd 2 hour - Unleashes a flurry of incredibly curate but incredibly weak attacks.
Thinking like -90% attack but drops delay down to near nothing. Something along those lines.
Wouldn't do much more than feed tp and get you killed since you'll be lucky to hit for more than double digits with -90% attack. :x
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-02 02:01:07  
BLU - Bestial Burst
Lasts for 30~45 seconds.

Physical spells: Increases blue magic attack by 125% (2.25, double + 25%), doubles modifiers, and causes all spells to act as if they have 50TP.

Magical spells: Adds a 1.25 multiplier to magic damage, increases magic accuracy by 50%, and doubles modifiers.

Other: Reduces blue magic recast time by 50% and sets Unbridled Learning's recast timer to 0 while increasing Chain Affinity and Burst Affinity's recast timers to their maximum.

Goal: Briefly makes physical spells worthwhile on high level targets (4.5x damage increase or so by going from 540~ attack to 1200~ with double WSC and 50TP), makes magical spells a little more robust, and overall shifts BLU into actually utilizing its Blue Magic, even if it's for only a brief period every 2 hours. To be honest I'd rather an ability like this (mostly just a blue magic attack boost similar to berserk) to be off of a 2 hour cooldown, but a 2 hour allows it to push the boundaries a bit.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-05-02 02:02:42  
Get rid of the stupid delay between ranged attacks first. Then something like auto-fire would be pretty badass.

For the love of loljesus do not have us summon any pixies. A familiar-type pet would actually be pretty cool, but like good-ole call wyvern, it's pretty much useless on anything that matters (due to pet dying).
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2012-05-02 02:08:02  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Rng: Chaingun - Auto-Fire with minimal delay (like 100 fist), slightly lowered accuracy. Recycle cannot proc. Duration 60 secs
Not a huge fan of the idea of Ranger's second two-hour costing them basically 3 stacks of ammunition. Besides, their original two-hour is already a "deals a lot of extra damage" effect, I'd say give them something different.

What, exactly, I don't know. But something different.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-05-02 02:30:58  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Not a huge fan of the idea of Ranger's second two-hour costing them basically 3 stacks of ammunition. Besides, their original two-hour is already a "deals a lot of extra damage" effect, I'd say give them something different.

What, exactly, I don't know. But something different.

They could start by giving them a 2h that works xD.

War 2h - Ira. Something that would reapply the crit hit dmg boost to hits we used to have with the old Blood Rage, perhaps enhanced due to the high recast. It would allow a smart use of Warcry/Blood Rage combined with MS/New 2h

Whm 2h - Reviviscence. Nuff said

Thf 2h - Silent Murderer. Turns every melee hit into critical hits while granting the Thf a considerable boost to Triple Attack rate in exchange for a severe drop in Evasion. Additionally, the enmity generated is transferred to whoever may be standing between the mob and the Thf.

Drk 2h - Malicious Intent. Gradually reduces the Drk's (20hp/tic?) HP in exchange for a strong Regain effect. Also grants a strong killer effect.

Mnk 2h - Hadooken Rain. The Mnk renounces to melee hits to perform a series of Chi-Blast Attacks that can inflict varying detrimental statuses to the mob.
[+]
 Siren.Novadragon
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-02 02:34:08  
Smn: Avatar can blood pact without timers for 30 seconds.

Drg: Wyvern becomes Adult wyvern temporary for 1 minute.

Brd: Songs duration are doubled for 30 seconds.

Pld: Immune to magic for 30 seconds.

Rdm: Super charges magic for 30 seconds.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-05-02 02:35:28  
they got the idea slightly right in xiv, 2hr abilities are lame... 15 minutes is a long enough wait to warrant a good ability with perhaps a slightly lower duration
[+]
 Siren.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Siren.Xenophire 2012-05-02 03:13:08  
Black Mage: Placidity
Duration: 45 seconds.
All spells cast upon current target will generate halved enmity.

Corsair: Royal Flush
Duration: Instantaneous.
Expend all remaining cards to deliver an enhanced Quick Draw attack.
Magic Attack Bonus, Magic Accuracy Bonus, and Enfeeblement Enhancement Bonus varies by number of cards remaining. (Effect can reach a maximum of 99% bonus increase with 99 cards, 50% with 50 cards, etc.)

Summoner: Boon
Duration: 3 minutes.
Enhance your Avatar's ability.
Attack Bonus, Accuracy, Magic Accuracy Bonus, and Magic Attack Bonus varies by MP percentage when used for Blood Pact: Rage. Buff duration and effect are also increased for Blood Pact: Ward. (MP cost still remains the same. Effect can reach a maximum of 100% at 100% max MP.)

Just some that came to mind. I'm sure I'll think of others.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-05-02 03:19:48  
Azure Transformation: Turn into a soulflayer and attack with tentacles.
[+]
 Siren.Piccollo
By Siren.Piccollo 2012-05-02 03:21:48  
DRK: lower weapon delay to 0 unable to use weaponskills each hit takes 10% of hp and adds hplost to damage dealt

oh silly me

just make drk zergs possible again / undo souleater nerf

sam: all weaponskills create skillchains coresponding to used weponskills element

rng weaken <t> defence with each attack landed while under effect 5% per landed attack capping at 50%

war increases crit damage by 400% delay increased by 100%

monk The way of the fist: all H2h strikes made with no weapon equiped will deal double damage and increase accuracy and attack

drg ability to evolve dragoon pet into final form like (http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Cyranuce_M_Cutauleon)

smnreduce recast of bloodpacts to 0 when under effect = chanspell smn not able to use in conjunction with astral flow

thf all crits deal double damage and are followed by triple attack increases th effect

blm elemental magic deals double damage and has reduced mp cost and recast delay

nin all shadow images the user has while under this effect will deal damage proportionate to the user , will not effect weaponskills (nin casts utsusemi ni gains 3 shadows hits <t> once shadows each his <t> once aswell)

all i can think of so far
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-02 03:24:49  
Beasmaster, Rage: Each Familiar gets their own very strong unique attack when the Job Ability is activated for a short duration of time. But the pet is weakened for 3 minutes.
 Fenrir.Arsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Arsi
By Fenrir.Arsi 2012-05-02 03:29:48  

/flip_table
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-05-02 03:29:54  
just to make sure; you guys do realize that these new 2hrs are going to have a shared timer with our current 2hrs right?

meaning; you would have to choose one or the other, not both. so its going to have to be something where you will have to pick your 2hr strategically based on what your fighting / situation etc.

just making it clear cause some of the ideas you guys give doesn't make it seem that everyone knows that >.>; lol.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2012-05-02 03:34:38  
Ranger, Stealth Attack: Can do ranged attacks without gaining any enmity for 3 minutes.
 Siren.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Siren.Xenophire 2012-05-02 03:37:40  
Dragoon: Highwind
Deliver a catastrophic attack from above that resets Enmity on the current target. (Damage increase varies with Wyvern's current HP.)

Bard: Fortissimo.
All in-range members in your current party and/or alliance will receive the effect of your next song.
(I originally gave it a duration, but with the Trob/Night adjustments, I realized how unbalanced that would be.)
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-02 03:45:55  
PUP-- I would love to see a 2hr that would be different depending on the frame that you have active.
So for:
Harl frame- Hundred fist *or equivalent*
VE frame- invincible *or equivelent*
SS frame- eagle eye shot *or equivelent insta-kill shot*
Rdm frame- Chainspell
Blm frame- Manafont
Whm frame- Benediction *for entire party including auto*

*I would like to have some kind of damage reduction to the master during this new 2hr. or stat increase to negate some damage.*
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-02 03:53:16  
Phoenix.Degs said: »
PUP-- I would love to see a 2hr that would be different depending on the frame that you have active.
So for:
Harl frame- Hundred fist *or equivalent*
VE frame- invincible *or equivelent*
SS frame- eagle eye shot *or equivelent insta-kill shot*
Rdm frame- Chainspell
Blm frame- Manafont
Whm frame- Benediction *for entire party including auto*

*I would like to have some kind of damage reduction to the master during this new 2hr. or stat increase to negate some damage.*
Yo degs. I'm just starting pup. It's lvl 75, all I need for attachments is optic fiber and tranquilizer. I was wondering if you knew any links or good setups for say blm frame or rng frame. Can't seem to find anything usefull for 2012 pups lol.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-02 04:03:32  
Honestly, I dont know of any pages containing that kind of info... sorry, but feel free to msg me on here, and i will try my best to answer any questions you might have
 Bismarck.Cicada
user: Narshee
By Bismarck.Cicada 2012-05-02 04:05:50  
Just don't use the Scanner :/ Glitched attachment ftl.

Odin.Sheelay said: »
Whm 2h - Reviviscence. Nuff said

This!
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-02 04:10:36  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
just to make sure; you guys do realize that these new 2hrs are going to have a shared timer with our current 2hrs right?

meaning; you would have to choose one or the other, not both. so its going to have to be something where you will have to pick your 2hr strategically based on what your fighting / situation etc.

just making it clear cause some of the ideas you guys give doesn't make it seem that everyone knows that >.>; lol.

For some jobs, I cant see that being a problem at all... I cannot even remember the last time i used PUP's 2hr
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2012-05-02 04:16:29  
When they do add these new 2hr's, I hope eventually the original ones will have the timer adjusted to say 1hr... I cant see that being a game breaker
 Sylph.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Kelvinclein 2012-05-02 04:18:07  
DRG Kills all mobs in vana, buy all items in ah for 0 gils, and KO all other players and pop mythic / relic and empy 99 on your inv.
 Valefor.Omerta
サーバ: Valefor
user: arouis
By Valefor.Omerta 2012-05-02 04:18:17  
Just make Dragoons not ***.
[+]
 Shiva.Galbir
サーバ: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-02 04:18:39  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Was there an announcement that verified this?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6