2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » SpellCast is not 100% accurate
SpellCast is not 100% accurate
First Page 2
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 23:03:02  
Hello.

I have been trying with some luck to use some of the XMLs kindly offered to me by users. Unfortuately they did not seems to work because for some reason " . . .Wcureprecast />" doesnt work (as written) and " . . . .Wcureprecast/>" does.

All I want is to place my Fastcast + Casting time gear into my cure macros. Ive been trying 3 days now without success to achieve this.
My main problems are:

- I can get it to work with the XML below:

<set>Blah di blah . . .
</sets>
<rules>
<if spell="Cure*">
<castdelay delay=".2"/>
<equip when="precast" set="Wcureprecast"/>
<equip when="midcast" set="Wcure"/>
<equip when="aftercast" set="Widle"/>
</if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

. .however it will work but only about 10% of the time. Yes, with the same script it either works sometimes or it doesnt. Is this supposed to happen? I tried hundreds of different combinations of castdelay in hundreds of different ways and the result was still the same. Most of the time it only worked about 20% of the time. It would either cure for max amount and not have Fastcast or have Fastcast and not engage the "Wcure" part. My confusion is that it seemed to be completely random.

How do other people do it? Is there some secret?

I really dont know where I am going wrong as my XML. seems to be exactly the same as others and they have no problems having 100% accurate cure spells.

I dont want massively complex XML script i just want to have my Casting time/fast cast gear proc in before my Cure Pot gear does.

Please can someone show me how i change my <if> command to put precast in and it actually work 100% of the time.

Thanks

NB: Wcureprecast is my precast
Wcure is my Cure pot/Healing magic skill gear (midcast)
Widle is my Idle set.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2012-04-08 23:22:22  
Not sure, but one thing that might affect it is the 'precast' in your "WCureprecast." From what I have been told when writing a xml is not to use word that are in tags because it may interfere with the execution. Maybe try changing it to something like "WCurefc" (fc being fastcast).

Another thing is you shouldn't need that last line for the "Idle" set if you have a line that automatically equips it after casting, regardless.

Code
<set>Blah di blah . . .
</sets>
<rules>
  <equip when="Idle|aftercast" set="Widle" />
  <if spell="Cure*">
    <castdelay delay=".2"/>
  </if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

That's about the most I can offer and it may not even be the reason..lol...lemme know I will try to help if I can.
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 23:30:18  
Hades.Triet said: »
Not sure, but one thing that might affect it is the 'precast' in your "WCureprecast." From what I have been told when writing a xml is not to use word that are in tags because it may interfere with the execution. Maybe try changing it to something like "WCurefc" (fc being fastcast).

Another thing is you shouldn't need that last line for the "Idle" set if you have a line that automatically equips it after casting, regardless.

Code
<set>Blah di blah . . .
</sets>
<rules>
  <if spell="Cure*">
    <castdelay delay=".2"/>
  </if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

That's about the most I can offer and it may not even be the reason..lol...lemme know I will try to help if I can.

I placed that exactly in my XML and it says the last </SpellCast> is in error.
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 23:32:19  
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<spellcast xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
<config
Debug="Fasle"
ShowgearSwaps="False"
ShowSpellInfo="False"/>
<variables>
</variables>
<sets>
<group name="White Mage" default="yes">
<set> etc . . etc . .
</set>
</group>
<rules>
<equip when="Idle|aftercast" set="Widle"/>
<if spell="Cure*">
<castdelay delay=".2"/>
</if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

This is the whole of my WHM SpellCast minus the <set> gear bits. It says </spellcast> is in error.
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 23:42:35  
Cholesterol said: »

Code
<set>Blah di blah . . .
</sets>
<rules>
  <if spell="Cure*">
    <castdelay delay=".2"/>
  </if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

I placed that exactly in my XML and it says the last </SpellCast> is in error.

I managed to get it to work but it doesnt swap any gear at all . .
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-04-08 23:48:42  
Do you have BlinkMeNot?

Also try changing the

ShowGearSwaps="True"
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 23:52:16  
well nothing works at all now not evn gear sets . . .
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-04-08 23:56:51  
Code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<config
Debug="Fasle"
ShowgearSwaps="False"
ShowSpellInfo="False"/>
<variables>
</variables>
<sets>
<set> etc . . etc . .
</set>
</group>
<rules>
<if spell="Cure*">
<castdelay delay=".2"/>
<midcastdelay delay=".5"/>
</if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

try that
By Cholesterol 2012-04-08 23:58:09  
Cant play no gear sets even change now i have no idea what I have done
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-04-08 23:58:43  
well nothing works at all now not evn gear sets . . .
How is it not working after changing the "ShowGearSwaps" ? O_o or did you change something else?
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:03:28  
Code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<config
Debug="Fasle"
ShowgearSwaps="False"
ShowSpellInfo="False"/>
<variables>
</variables>
<sets>
<set> etc . . etc . .
</set>
</group>
<rules>
<if spell="Cure*">
<castdelay delay=".2"/>
</if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

try that

Doesnt like that i cant get it to work . .this is impossible
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:04:58  
Still exactly the same
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-09 00:06:34  
Debug="Fasle"
By Caivian 2012-04-09 00:07:26  
Code
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<config
Debug="Fasle"
ShowgearSwaps="False"
ShowSpellInfo="False"/>
<variables>
</variables>
<sets>
<set> etc . . etc . .
</set>
</group>
<rules>
<if spell="Cure*">
<castdelay delay=".2"/>
</if>
</rules>
</spellcast>

try that

Doesnt like that i cant get it to work . .this is impossible

This bit of code doesn't look like it has a closing </sets> tag, after all the sets. Can you post your exact xml in case something's missing?
 Hades.Triet
By Hades.Triet 2012-04-09 00:11:01  
Yeah what they mentioned too...>_> Completely overlooked that. Sorry.

you spelled False wrong and your closing sets tag is spelled "</set>" add an s "</sets>"
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:11:51  
ok finally got it to work testing in Altepa (A)
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:19:48  
ok finally got it to work testing in Altepa (A)

Same as before some Cure VI landing for 1400+ some for 1100 +
Whats happening?
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:21:55  
Seems to be about 80% of Cure VI landing for the right amount. the 20% still going for 1100+
 Bahamut.Bekisa
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-04-09 00:22:26  
Use Notepad++ and change the language to XML. Any errors will stick out almost immediately and another smaller errors can be found by clicking each rule one by one until the open/close tags don't line up properly.

Seems to be about 80% of Cure VI landing for the right amount. the 20% still going for 1100+

Check your rules, and sets/baseset again. There is a good chance one of your other sets is over-writing it during midcast when that happens.
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:24:20  
I do
Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
Use Notepad++ and change the language to XML. Any errors will stick out almost immediately and another smaller errors can be found by clicking each rule one by one until the open/close tags don't line up properly.
nt have any errors in my XML im just still gettng random Cure VIs that dont cure for what they should.

My cure macros are:

/ma "Cure VI" <stal>

This shouldnt be a problem either should it?
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:32:03  
Seems to be working fine now, very odd indeed. :/
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-04-09 00:37:43  
yeah SC can do that sometimes. I always find my errors like that in gear pre/midcast over-writes.

I've made the mistake of editing the wrong .xml file too before. So when I "//sc reload" after a save, it was reloading the wrong xml over and over. Felt like such an idiot after like 30 mins of getting upset trying to fix one line haha.
By Cholesterol 2012-04-09 00:38:38  
Thankyou very much for your help guys. It still seems to be curing for random amounts but only by about 20-30HP either way which is still odd :/
By Gimpness 2012-04-09 00:45:20  
it's because you're cure is going off too fast and spellcast doesn't have the time to equip the gear. Make sure you put your cure potency gear first on the list when you put it in the set, that way it'll equip those first.

I barley skimmed the thread, if this has already been said my bad :X
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-04-09 10:12:10  
Remove the line to equip precast gear, and remove the cast delay. Set the config value of ShowGearSwaps to True. Test using the main cure set only.

You should get consistent cure amounts, given that there should be no issues about cast timing or gear swaps at all. Verify that it's equipping all the gear you think it's going to equip.

Then put the precast <equip> back in, but only add in a single piece of gear at a time to the FastCast set. Watch its behavior as you rebuild back to the full precast set.

A particular issue to watch out for is having a piece of gear equipped in your idle set (A), switching to another piece of gear for precast (B), and then going back to (A) for casting the cure. Because of the timing of the commands for precast/midcast, it may not always switch back to gear (A) for midcast. The best way to avoid this is by having a difference piece of gear entirely (C) in that slot for your idle set (so you go C-B-A-C instead of A-B-A-A). If that's not viable then you need to work on the inter-cast timings, or deciding whether you need the precast gear (B) at all.
 Bahamut.Fezzphx
user: Fezz
By Bahamut.Fezzphx 2012-04-09 10:36:41  
Gimpness said: »
it's because you're cure is going off too fast and spellcast doesn't have the time to equip the gear. Make sure you put your cure potency gear first on the list when you put it in the set, that way it'll equip those first.

I barley skimmed the thread, if this has already been said my bad :X
[+]
By Moonwalkerv 2012-04-09 10:43:33  
Is it really that hard to play this game without having to use all this extra crap? Or are those of us who do just super advanced or some such ***?
By Drjones 2012-04-09 10:46:34  
Moonwalkerv said: »
Is it really that hard to play this game without having to use all this extra crap? Or are those of us who do just super advanced or some such ***?
Spellcast is convenient to the point where a lot of us wouldn't go back to playing without it. If they broke spellcast for good, I would quit.
By Moonwalkerv 2012-04-09 10:48:44  
Must have been hell for you to pay for a game to play before they invented it then...
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-04-09 10:58:44  
Moonwalkerv said: »

Personally, I wouldn't consider "I push 10 different macros to do something that other people push 1", super advanced.

For example, if I was trying to use the absolute best gear for my BLM to nuke in (forgive my logic here, I've not played my BLM since 80,
possibly 85, rolled around when the majority of this gear was actually ):

Does the Day match my nuke? Yes - Equip Obi, AF2 Pants. No? Equip Other gear.
Does the weather match my nuke? Yes - Equip Obi, AF2 Pants. No? Equip Other gear.
Is the moon phase above 15% or whatever? Yes - Will I be under 50% MP when I nuke? Yes - Will Artemis Medal give me a higher boost to my damage? Yes - Equip Artemis Medal. No - Equip Uggalepih. If I won't have under 50% MP after I nuke, equip Feud Pendant.

The amount of checks I'd have to do the best in most positions would severely hinder my gameplay and would likely make my "end result" much lower than if I had simply casted naked. Obviously the same doesn't go for every single job, but every job has it's own "requirements" for playing to the best they can (for example, DD's with Aggressor/Focus/Acc Boost or Berserk/Attack Boost).

If you haven't at least played with it (regardless of whether or not you currently use it), then you really can't pass comment on anything related to it.

But in answer to your (rhetorical) question - No, you're not super advanced, other people just prefer being better than they are.
First Page 2