users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » red !! proc /nin, please clarify
red !! proc /nin, please clarify
 Asura.Alsoa
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Alsoa
By Asura.Alsoa 2012-04-07 23:51:44  
i can't find this info easily by searching forums... but maybe it is there though. i apologize in advance if this is old hat.

With trainee burin and wooden gkat any /nin can somehow get access to blade ei, tachi: koki and tachi: jinpu.
What sets are you using to get there? How are you maximizing your utility as red !! proc person?

Can you please post plausible set/merit combinations that one might use? (Maybe blade: ei is out of my league because my nin is only lvl 50? ; ;) (To be sure, I do not expect to get the dynamis rings that give +skill anytime soon.)
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-04-08 00:21:32  
Katana caps at 150 as /49nin so you would need to make up 28 skill to reach the 178 needed for blade: ei, merits would give you 16 skill and hope torque 7 skill, Kanja Hachimaki would be another 5 skill bringing you to 178.

As for Great Katana (caps @139 /nin). Again full merits for 16 skill, Bushinomimi +5 skill, Justice Torque +7 skill ,Kengo Hachimaki +5 skill, Fuzheluo Helm/+1 +5/6 skill and Moepapa Annulet +5 for a total of 182(183 if u used HQ Fuzheluo) great katana skill.

Edit: Added a few items I found while double checking
 Bahamut.Megrim
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2012-04-08 00:23:54  
i think if u wanna proc with those weapons since they are both lv 1 u may wanna try to stock up on lucid wings im pretty sure the latent skill of those weapons as a sub will be somewhere in the 100 range may be best to just bring a NIN along to help proc really. not much advise seeing as ive never tested it out myself.

I'll tell u one thing when i did try to proc with my Halloween pitchfork on NIN my acc with it was S**t honestly had to use a tp wing to get enough tp to proc :/
By Alpheus 2012-04-08 00:32:30  
edit: nvm didnt realize this was war subforum which would exclude mextli harness which was my suggestion
 Cerberus.Funond
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Funond
By Cerberus.Funond 2012-04-08 00:40:06  
Do this a lot when building pop sets solo on pld/nin and with group on job/sam. Merits, wooden gk, justice, and headband put pld/nin at about 13 reds and same set will give war drg w/e koki. As for sacrificing a suppa for koki /nin you would really need to solo or duo a lot to justify that. As for tp gain retaliation, seigan counter, meditate are going to 50% of your tp or more. If on job without those: e.g. pld have monarch, wing, or sent ready because you are going to take some hits.
 Asura.Alsoa
user: Alsoa
By Asura.Alsoa 2012-04-08 14:11:48  
thanks, calla ... going to deliberate whether i want to trade supp<-->bush and dagger/h2h/ga merits <--> gkat/kat merits.
i would need to level sam + nin to 75 too ; ;

@megrim i have red !! proc'd before as mnk/war using trainee sword/knife ... it's a pain, but with aggressor/focus/crab sushi i usually make it work without the need to buy wings. i will assume it'll be similar for war/nin doing kat/gkat.
"may be best to just bring a NIN along to help proc really."
i have been dualboxing a lot as whm + war to get kis lately. i'm not going to get another person just for 3 procs, esp. when i might get them myself.

@funond
war has more red proc than pld and as war/sam (instead of /nin) i would lose 2 dagger procs, so /nin is easily the best option. with a setup like what calla described i can get all the procs on war/nin.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2012-04-08 14:14:34  
Asura.Calatilla said: »
Katana caps at 150 as /49nin so you would need to make up 28 skill to reach the 178 needed for blade: ei, merits would give you 16 skill and hope torque 7 skill, Kanja Hachimaki would be another 5 skill bringing you to 178.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10756/tjukurrpa-ring
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2012-04-08 18:30:15  
Ragnarok.Nekonarf said: »
Asura.Calatilla said: »

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10756/tjukurrpa-ring

I didnt think I had found all current items with skill, I just did a quick power search and strangely enough this ring didn't show in the results. Oh well, good to know though :)