users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Alchemy » New Alchemy Recipes
New Alchemy Recipes
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-04 03:41:36  
Squama's originally from the VNM Pixie added back at 75. Should prove a more reliable source than VW.
By Danza 2012-04-04 05:30:07  
Hmm last time I checked Smithing, the new cursed gear needed Black gear, which is crafted from kunwu iron, which is dropped from bahamut V2, and ouryu. Ouryu needs Cloud Evoker which you need to spam ENMs once per 5 days, or do Uninvited Guests. You seriously complaining about getting an item from a T3 VNM over an ENM-specific drop that is capped, unlike T3 VNM? Logic Where?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-04 06:32:01  
no one is complaining about ethereal squama. kindly cease and desist attempting to put words in people's mouths. for the record, your kunwu ore doesnt make the grind of 100-110th alchemy any less shitty.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dethard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Archaos
By Leviathan.Dethard 2012-04-04 06:46:13  
Danza said: »
Hmm last time I checked Smithing, the new cursed gear needed Black gear, which is crafted from kunwu iron, which is dropped from bahamut V2, and ouryu. Ouryu needs Cloud Evoker which you need to spam ENMs once per 5 days, or do Uninvited Guests. You seriously complaining about getting an item from a T3 VNM over an ENM-specific drop that is capped, unlike T3 VNM? Logic Where?

The smithing recipes require Thokcha ingots which I guess will be of a similar drop rate to Ethereal Squama. So for general skilling up I guess the difficulty will be the same. So its not a case of comparing a T3 VNM to a ENM specific drop.

I think the difficulty will be similar for all crafts. I think unless they add some more recipes with easier to obtain ingredients there will not be many people reaching the new cap.

In actual fact I just checked the AH and currently there are 27 Thokcha ores up for sale with 20 sold today, but for Ethereal Squama there is 0 and the last one sold 2 days ago. So it looks like it will be easier to level smithing, at least the ingredients are available although expensive.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [87 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Funsam
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: funsam
By Carbuncle.Funsam 2012-06-30 10:44:49  
Does anyone know what the gold sub is on the alchemy recipe Malison Medallion yet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Roark
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2012-06-30 11:14:13  
made one the other day with no problems at 60 gs, although that does not really give much info