Sacrifice - Would You?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Sacrifice - Would you?
Sacrifice - Would you?
 Lakshmi.Seraphina
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: missphina
By Lakshmi.Seraphina 2012-03-26 13:39:53  
yes admittedly yes this is a completly hypothetical question, one of which I've asked a good few whm friends of mine and hopefully one of which you do not mind my asking here. ^^

So here goes, would any of you whms use sacrifice on a person who's hit with doom to make sure they don't go down? Would any of you want it to be possible?

As I've asked I'll answer in short my own feelings also.

I would want it to be possible, for more reasons than one, primary would be that if it means doom doesn't take another person down on here I think risking going down myself is worthwhile, so as you then can gather I'd be willing to use it.

Logical reasoning > weakend whm should function a lil better than weakened tank/DD. ^^;
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-03-26 13:42:08  
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-03-26 13:42:10  
Not if there's only one WHM.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2012-03-26 13:42:22  
From own experience, I doubt that most of the WHMs these days even know what Sacrifice is or does, let alone considering to use it to help someone else.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2012-03-26 13:43:03  
I may not be "in the know" with current FFXI tactics, having not played in the better half of a year, but it seems very situational.

If you're the only WHM(Healer) but there's two tanks? (inb4lol2tanks) or vice-versa?

It's one of those "In context" judgement calls that would separate a good player from a great player.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-03-26 13:43:06  
If the counter is down to 1-2 on a tank, and you quickly can do sacrifice, that would probably have the potential to save the fight.
If there are other people capable of tanking, but a lack of mages, it would might not be too smart to do so.
It would very much depend on the situation for sure
 Bismarck.Tragedie
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tragedie 2012-03-26 13:43:19  
Lakshmi.Seraphina said: »
Logical reasoning > weakend whm should function a lil better than weakened tank/DD. ^^;
 Cerberus.Valmur
user: Valmur
By Cerberus.Valmur 2012-03-26 13:43:55  
Yes I would myself if it was say the odd tp move and not say 100% en-doom a hit, would rather have the DD's up and killing the monster instead of me running around for 5mins like a little school girl

It really just depends on what/when/how the situation happened
 Bismarck.Misao
サーバ: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-03-26 13:46:47  
situational.
if its an expandable job, he dies.
would a tank survive without a whm?
would I survive without targeted person?
does the mob spams doom?

most of the times, i think ill let em drop dead. surely, ill try my best to spam cursna.
 Phoenix.Bohgo
user: Bohgo
By Phoenix.Bohgo 2012-03-26 14:44:36  
I don't think I've ever sacrificed doom. Does the countdown timer start over on the whm by chance? Would be nice if it did.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-03-26 14:45:17  
If I could do it, and it wouldn't cripple our group, I would.
 Phoenix.Esaias
user: Esaias
By Phoenix.Esaias 2012-03-26 14:52:18  
Never,
If the galka can't remember holy water we were doomed to begin with.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-03-26 14:52:45  
Phoenix.Bohgo said: »
I don't think I've ever sacrificed doom. Does the countdown timer start over on the whm by chance? Would be nice if it did.

That would be very handy if it did.

The only thing I can think of, too, is if it would be similar to the "curse of healing waltz"

Terminus is paralyzed. (Wait however many seconds.)
Terminus uses healing waltz. Terminus is no longer blinded.
Terminus is paralyzed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-03-26 14:56:04  
I would, but it would definitely be a situational call. I agree that whm can perform weakened without impacting the results of the fight much better than the tank.
 Lakshmi.Seraphina
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: missphina
By Lakshmi.Seraphina 2012-03-26 14:58:19  
Phoenix.Bohgo said: »

sadly *your mileage may vary here* it's not possible like I said hypothetical question.

To answer the 2nd question if it were it would be at the same counter as the person you're taking it from due to the fact that when you absorb an effect you absorb it with the remaining duration(if that makes sense) xD
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-03-26 15:02:42  
I though this would be about sacrificing tarus for drops :(
 Ramuh.Deijixfx
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Deijixfx
By Ramuh.Deijixfx 2012-03-26 15:06:10  
Your text to link here...

'Sacrifice will not absorb Doom or Amnesia'

but speaking hypothetically, i would only if the value of said life is greater than that of the whm. ie single tank.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2012-03-26 15:09:36  
Very dependent on circumstances for me. In the situation I usually play in (three people, one nin/war, one brd/whm, and one whm/sch (me)) I would (hypothetically) do it. The brd and I could both heal sufficiently while I was weak, but neither the bard nor I could tank sufficiently if our ninja went down. (This is assuming that for whatever reason, the ninja's 2hour isn't available for death --> raise --> 2hour --> raise without weakness.)

But if we have more than one tank with only one healer, I'd rather see a tank go down and keep the others alive than see the whm go down and then everyone else go down too for lack of healing. (That situation is rare, for me. I usually only really do much with a trio.)
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2012-03-26 15:19:26  
Sacrifice is best when both the WHM and whomever is hit, for example, say... a Morbol uses Bad Breath. Pop an Echo Drop and Sacrifice to absorb most of the ailments and then quickly remove your own.
By Aikawa 2012-03-26 15:40:30  
Phoenix.Esaias said: »
Never,
If the galka can't remember holy water we were doomed to begin with.
^
I did many bukhis for lolfarsha, and you cant really count that the whm will be able to remove you curse, so bring you holy waters... I got like 10 stacks for like 15 bukhis, never died coz doom..

In another topic... SE need to fix Curse.. make it 100% and increase colddown or something like that...
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-03-26 16:30:18  
I only wish this were possible... I'd do it without hesitation. Only thing weakness does is give me crappy recast timers.