users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Rdm Gear Sets
Rdm Gear Sets
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2012-02-01 22:34:31  
I am currently leveling Rdm and would like some up to date gear sets for it. I will be mainly using it for VW and FC and yes I took the time out to search through the other post but they are mainly focused on Rdm Melee
By Drjones 2012-02-03 14:28:38  
I'm feeling lazy, so here is an XML file to look through. It's a bit dated but should be a decent start: http://pastebin.com/JSFGEULh
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2012-02-03 14:36:56  
Are you looking for ideas on what sets to have? Or items for each set?

Off the top of my head, sets you'll want are:

Fast Cast (? - I've heard somewhere that the Fast Cast cap isn't 50% anymore, though I can't guarantee how credible it is)
Cure Potency (Cure Potency+ / MND+ / Enmity-)
Enhancing Magic (Enhancing Magic+)
Enfeebling Magic (Highly Resistant / Mid Resist/Potency / Max Potency - Skill+ / MND+)
Elemental Magic (Highly Resistant / Mid Resist/Damage / Max Damage - Skill+ / MAB+ / INT+)
Haste possibly

Ideally, you'd also want:

Idle (Regen / Refresh / Movement Speed+)
PDT- (Physical Damage Taken- / Regen / Refresh / Movement Speed+)
MDT- (Magic Damage Taken- / Magic Defense Bonus+ / INT+ [to a lesser degree anyway])
Resting/hMP (MP Recovered while Healing+ - I don't know how much these are used anymore, I've not done VW yet, but from what I hear you use Temps in there too)
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2012-02-04 18:24:42  
Im looking for items I know what sets I want enhancing cure nuking and idle
 Leviathan.Prototyp
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-04 18:55:19  
Taru mage, now your getting it!!!
 Sylph.Ballzack
サーバ: Sylph
user: Achelies
By Sylph.Ballzack 2012-02-04 20:18:02  

Nuking

Idle

Enfeeb

Curing(Grip is from nuking set im very tight on space as is)

PDT(Dark ring=5%PDT)

MDT
I dont use a hmp,enhancing sets. FC set is just body/head(Yes we can go past 50% now but again I just dont have room for the rest of the stuff lol
edit: Forgot about my dark magic set
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-04 22:20:24  
Enhancing Magic:Body can be replaced by Hyksos Robe/+1/Anhur Robe. Zenith Crown +1 can be augmented be augmented with up to 8 skill. Aptus earring can be a reward from Battaru Royale and can have an augment of Enhancing Magic +2 on it. Waist can be replaced by Cascade belt.

MND Potency set:Legs can be replaced with Augur's.

Full enfeebling magic:The set I use for things like silence, gravity, and bind, and what I switch to if I'm getting resisted too often. You can use Casso sash here instead.

Nuking:I wouldn't use Romanus if you don't use spellcast and/or can't precast. You should work on Magian staves, they're a huge boost in damage. Having /sch as a sj with stormspells and elemental obis and twilight cape is also pretty nice. Zenith mitts can be augemented with +int (mine have +5), and I've heard they can be augmented with mab, though I've never personally seen that myself anywhere (and probably gone though over 100 tatters and never seen it). If you don't have Morri robe, Teal is probably second best.

Curing:Zenith Pumps can get up to 3-4% cure pot and 6-7 cure casting time on them. If you're right on space you probably won't end up needing that much -enm depending on what you're doing and esp depending on what atmas/atmacites you're using, but it can be helpful if you're pumping out cure4s in a low man situation.
By joelchiquito 2012-02-04 22:50:59  
Odin.Calipso said: »
Enhancing Magic:

Nuking:I wouldn't use Romanus if you don't use spellcast and/or can't precast. You should work on Magian staves, they're a huge boost in damage. Having /sch as a sj with stormspells and elemental obis and twilight cape is also pretty nice. Zenith mitts can be augemented with +int (mine have +5), and I've heard they can be augmented with mab, though I've never personally seen that myself anywhere (and probably gone though over 100 tatters and never seen it). If you don't have Morri robe, Teal is probably second best.

Curing:Zenith Pumps can get up to 3-4% cure pot and 6-7 cure casting time on them. If you're right on space you probably won't end up needing that much -enm depending on what you're doing and esp depending on what atmas/atmacites you're using, but it can be helpful if you're pumping out cure4s in a low man situation.
 Leviathan.Kryptikk
By Leviathan.Kryptikk 2012-02-05 14:27:12  
Thank you guys this is def what I was looking for :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2012-02-06 14:21:47  
If you're not going to nuke in Emp body for macc for some reason and don't have Morrigan's Praeco should beat Teal.

I personally wouldn't bother carrying Af Tabard if you have Emp+2 body. I can't see any reason why you would use it over Sayon+2. Disregarding the fact Silence never lands on anything not fodder even without potency I fail to see how Af tabard is worth the slot for little to most likely no net gain in macc.
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2012-02-06 15:04:30  
Curing:

Zenith Pumps can get up to 3-4% cure pot and 6-7 cure casting time on them. If you're right on space you probably won't end up needing that much -enm depending on what you're doing and esp depending on what atmas/atmacites you're using, but it can be helpful if you're pumping out cure4s in a low man situation.

You have a little excess in Cure potency there. Could sell the roundle earring and get a few mil back.
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-09 09:03:31  
Gilgamesh.Kudos said: »
Curing:

Zenith Pumps can get up to 3-4% cure pot and 6-7 cure casting time on them. If you're right on space you probably won't end up needing that much -enm depending on what you're doing and esp depending on what atmas/atmacites you're using, but it can be helpful if you're pumping out cure4s in a low man situation.

You have a little excess in Cure potency there. Could sell the roundle earring and get a few mil back.

Guess that's what I get for posting late. I don't use roundel on rdm, only on whm. Not sure why I stuck it in that set. Novia should be there instead. There's a few other options (Like Fylgja Torque or Oretania's Cape, but I prefer Praeco slacks and Zenith pumps for the -cure casting/-enmity time on them.)

Also forgot about Estq. Earring for enfeeb sets.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-02-09 11:24:46  
Can someone please explaing to me when it is appropriate to use the <elseif> over <if>?

After browsing some of these sets, I'm not certain I understand it.
By Gimpness 2012-02-09 11:41:56  
elseifs fire after ifs... say the if isn't true, it goes to the elseif, then the next elseif, then the next, then the next. If you put an else at the end of them, that else will fire if none of the previous if/elseifs are true, on *everything* else.

if that makes sense to you... I'm not sure if it will, reading it again lol
By Drjones 2012-02-09 12:10:55  
I cannot explain it properly without a white board and lots of gesticulating.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2012-02-09 12:35:14  
Gimpness said: »
elseifs fire after ifs... say the if isn't true, it goes to the elseif, then the next elseif, then the next, then the next. If you put an else at the end of them, that else will fire if none of the previous if/elseifs are true, on *everything* else.

Well I understand the need to use "else if"s if at the end of the chain you want to use the "else" command and rule that if none of these other criteria are met you do this. However, (unless I am mistaken) not all "elseif"s need to end with an "else" command. If the initial "if" is not true, won't spell cast simply goto the next "if" in the .xml anyways, so why use "elseif" over "if"?
By Gimpness 2012-02-09 19:06:02  
because then it fires all the ifs at once... and can cause lockups and such. At least that's my understanding of it...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-02-09 19:21:41  
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Well I understand the need to use "else if"s if at the end of the chain you want to use the "else" command and rule that if none of these other criteria are met you do this. However, (unless I am mistaken) not all "elseif"s need to end with an "else" command. If the initial "if" is not true, won't spell cast simply goto the next "if" in the .xml anyways, so why use "elseif" over "if"?
Two reasons. One, sometimes you don't want the succeeding rule to process if the current rule returns true because it would lead to an undesirable/incorrect output. The opposite case (succeeding rule should only be processed if first returns false) is when you should use "else". Two, computational efficiency. If there's no reason for the second rule to be processed if the first rule returns true, then your program will run faster by using an elseif and allowing your computer to "skip over" unnecessary rules. Not an issue for most Spellcast files, but once you start piling on several hundred lines in the rules section alone it can help reduce performance issues in laggy situations.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-02-09 19:28:32  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »

Two reasons. One, sometimes you don't want the succeeding rule to process if the current rule returns true because it would lead to an undesirable/incorrect output. The opposite case (succeeding rule should only be processed if first returns false) is when you should use "else". Two, computational efficiency. If there's no reason for the second rule to be processed if the first rule returns true, then your program will run faster by using an elseif and allowing your computer to "skip over" unnecessary rules. Not an issue for most Spellcast files, but once you start piling on several hundred lines in the rules section alone it can help reduce performance issues in laggy situations.
regardless, the chunk of code we're considering involving if/elseif statements will process in almost the exact same amount of time due to the same algorithmic efficiency in either case. if the desired output weren't effected, it all still falls under O(1) in terms of efficiency, therefore we don't care.
 Siren.Renavi
サーバ: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-02-09 19:31:01  
Don't mean to hijack thread or anything, but could someone take a quick look at my xml and tell me what I'm missing? D: As of right now all it does is change staff to the correct element xD It's for my RDM as well so I figured it might fit here and I just cannot figure out what I'm overlooking. ._.

Pastebin URL: http://pastebin.com/1dXqJ6YW
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-02-09 19:38:42  
If I had to hazard a guess without debugging, it's that your
Code xml
<if Skill="*Magic">

isn't parsing correctly
(ie. Ninjutsu wouldn't parse that entire block as it has no magic involved in its name)

I can log on and debug it in a moment
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-02-09 19:50:26  
pre/midcast seem to be working appropriately
(aside from ninjutsu as I suspected, and the obvious songs)
you don't have any aftercast created for anything other than convert, so that might be something to take note of
other than that, everything seems to be functioning properly

make sure your spellcast is updated to the most recent version, and try using the debugger, as it's something on your end

edit:
my personal debug file if you'd care to look
 Siren.Renavi
サーバ: Siren
user: Renavi
By Siren.Renavi 2012-02-09 22:08:02  
Ty for looking, I'll try to change that around so ninjutsu will work and figure out what's wrong after that x.x;