フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Excalibur vs. Almace
Excalibur vs. Almace
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-18 12:23:01  
Asura.Deadwing said: »
If you're curious, the pimpest enspell set in the world will only get you to 40 damage (ocationally 44 with day or weather) per hit. That's 160 damage in your average K club attack round, so nothing special there unless it's immune to physical damage or something.

I suppose you could get it up to 47 per hit if you offhanded a Chimeric Fleuret, but that'd do more harm than good to overall dps.

I was really hoping the new RDM two hour could give a powerful en-spell effect, if it was even triple, a full k club round would do almost 1k and suddenly you're talking about real damage. Oh well

The point was doing hate-free and 0 tp-feed (assuming you hit for 0), not lots of dmg :p
Not saying this is useful or anything, but it's pretty unique!(spellcheck on that word please.)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-18 14:45:42  
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
If you're curious, the pimpest enspell set in the world will only get you to 40 damage (ocationally 44 with day or weather) per hit. That's 160 damage in your average K club attack round, so nothing special there unless it's immune to physical damage or something. I suppose you could get it up to 47 per hit if you offhanded a Chimeric Fleuret, but that'd do more harm than good to overall dps. I was really hoping the new RDM two hour could give a powerful en-spell effect, if it was even triple, a full k club round would do almost 1k and suddenly you're talking about real damage. Oh well
The point was doing hate-free and 0 tp-feed (assuming you hit for 0), not lots of dmg :p Not saying this is useful or anything, but it's pretty unique!(spellcheck on that word please.)

I thought they nerfed the ceremonial dagger trick, and enspell damage counted as TP feed.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-19 08:14:40  
Odin.Jassik said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
If you're curious, the pimpest enspell set in the world will only get you to 40 damage (ocationally 44 with day or weather) per hit. That's 160 damage in your average K club attack round, so nothing special there unless it's immune to physical damage or something. I suppose you could get it up to 47 per hit if you offhanded a Chimeric Fleuret, but that'd do more harm than good to overall dps. I was really hoping the new RDM two hour could give a powerful en-spell effect, if it was even triple, a full k club round would do almost 1k and suddenly you're talking about real damage. Oh well
The point was doing hate-free and 0 tp-feed (assuming you hit for 0), not lots of dmg :p Not saying this is useful or anything, but it's pretty unique!(spellcheck on that word please.)

I thought they nerfed the ceremonial dagger trick, and enspell damage counted as TP feed.

Additional effects do not give TP, enspells are just a forced proc of an additional effect.

How SE "fixed" it was to create NMs that had natural regain effects, some as potent as to be a permanent meditate effect.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-02-24 23:54:03  
I would say Excalibur. I have both and have found that there is far more equipment to use to boost KoR / Res rather than even attempt to gear up for CDC.

Not to mention Excalibur hits like a truck without having to do a weapon skill to activate a lame double damage effect.

Of course CDC beats Knights of Round on damage, but merit the sword WS 5/5 and use Excalibur and you'll love it.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
サーバ: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-25 00:01:31  
Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »
I would say Excalibur. I have both and have found that there is far more equipment to use to boost KoR / Res rather than even attempt to gear up for CDC. Not to mention Excalibur hits like a truck without having to do a weapon skill to activate a lame double damage effect. Of course CDC beats Knights of Round on damage, but merit the sword WS 5/5 and use Excalibur and you'll love it.

requiescat is horribly attack starved, thankfully RDM gets insane amounts of MND gear to help it out. What they don't get are large amounts of DEX gear to help CDC. I'd imagine that excal/scat beats almace/cdc in straight DPS on anything an RDM would melee.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2013-02-28 04:13:11  
It basically does, so far as the spreadsheet says in optimum gear Excalibur using Req basically seems to beat out CDC unless you have crit enhancements of some sort, without those the attack bonus and high damage beat out Almace.
[+]