New To XIV

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Servers » Besaid » New to XIV
New to XIV
By Kyri 2012-02-11 10:47:43  
Im the kind of rper those rpers hate cause I dont get in the groove enough T.T when I first saw your ls I thought it was mostly girl female body inspectors and i was like "yea baby I could do that."

second off no one frightens, me if anything, i frighten them @.@ but <3 all the same.
By esojazrag12 2012-02-11 22:01:10  
Oh damn, guess i have to find a server lol.
By Kyri 2012-02-12 13:33:21  
Dont get too excited pimp, enough whining may have changed the game, looks like we will merge servers with the option to move now. just keep checking ^.-
By esojazrag12 2012-02-12 23:23:47  
Not really all that exciated lol, just got to know some cool ppl in besaid. I'm just not thrilled on starting over again.
By Kyri 2012-02-13 11:15:30  
I decided to double post from server merge post I did because after posting I decided here is where it should be, for people new to the game or looking into playing it. those who saw it already feel free to pass this one up and move on to the next of course, no offense meant by the double post

Just some info for those not playing XIV and curious of it. The server merge isn't as bad as some might think. With the unveiling of Version 2.0 a couple of months away the servers will be added again. For now due to a lower Pay2play base the merging is to help connect some of the smaller servers with some of the bigger ones like where I come from. The ps3 beta is later this year as well and will bring in a higher group of people who wanted to play but couldn't because of the higher PC demands.

For now we are witnessing a once only set of events, items, mounts that will not be obtainable at the 2.0 release. A story line unobtainable after 2.0 and many other things that paying customers only now have the opportunity to get or be a part of. one such item being my new friend, Gus. Say hi gus

Future planned mounts, jumps, moogles(already out):

Info for FFXIV can be found here:
http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html

And info on 2.0 here:
Version 2.0 (later this year)

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html

This link here will take you to the things we are looking forward to later this month of Febuary when we get hit with another big patch. It includes Residence, jobs(PLD WAR MNK BLM WHM BRD DRG) and AF, and new dungeons!
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/36474

On top of all this its only like half price to play right now so I suggest giving it a try, collect some rare things you wont get after 2.0 and enjoy a new adventure.

Also were looking at 3 new races come to play in XIV:
Female Roegadyn(galkas) ((top left))
Female Highlanders ((Bottom left))
Male Miqote(mithra) ((bottom right))

AF

So dust off from Abyssea and come play with us!

I conclude this with two videos made my my good friend and awesome leader Casslee

2:30 of Gobbue fun
(remember can only get Gobbues for limited time only!)

Call of the Echo
(best watched in HD/fullscreen)

Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2012-02-13 17:50:37  
Is this game fun yet? Or still have to wait till december?
By Kyri 2012-02-13 18:08:35  
I think its fun~
By astoy05 2012-02-13 19:22:53  
Shiva.Xellith said: »
Is this game fun yet? Or still have to wait till december?

Fun is relative. Is the game a total piece of buggy, unfinished crap like back when people were talking about "waiting til December"? No. Not at all. And all the people I know in game have lots of fun playing it.

Everyone knows that there can be more than one good MMORPG at the same time right?
 Odin.Daemun
サーバ: Odin
user: daemun
By Odin.Daemun 2012-02-13 22:42:16  
Just a heads up, and without feeling the need for another thread: I don't know how permanent my choice will be with the pending server swapping, but I will be joining Besaid soon. Daemun Shadowe look for me! Always willing to hop in a social/laid back ls to learn the ropes and make new friends as well^^
By rbloom 2012-02-14 06:52:51  
Thanks for posting your name, Daemun. Now i shall go make an alt named Daemun Shadowe so that you can't use it! Then i shall charge you a bucket of all your gils for it.

Oh and premature welcome to Besaid!
 Odin.Daemun
サーバ: Odin
user: daemun
By Odin.Daemun 2012-02-14 07:39:30  
rbloom said: »
Thanks for posting your name, Daemun. Now i shall go make an alt named Daemun Shadowe so that you can't use it! Then i shall charge you a bucket of all your gils for it.

Oh and premature welcome to Besaid!
I'd just pick a different server lol.

Thanks!
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2012-02-14 13:36:12  
Last time I played 14 was right after they made the combat system adjustments. The game was just really bad back then. (imo).

Have they added an AH yet? Have they made it so that the UI isnt a complete pile of poo? I hated not being able to have FF11 controls last time (so much so that I actually use a program called glovepie to change button commands around).

(are there actually people to play with and a /search function for members that actually works?)

The last time I played 14 it was just really dissapointing.
By endelig 2012-02-14 14:13:05  
Shiva.Xellith said: »
Last time I played 14 was right after they made the combat system adjustments. The game was just really bad back then. (imo).

Have they added an AH yet? Have they made it so that the UI isnt a complete pile of poo? I hated not being able to have FF11 controls last time (so much so that I actually use a program called glovepie to change button commands around).

(are there actually people to play with and a /search function for members that actually works?)

The last time I played 14 it was just really dissapointing.

The market wards are basically an AH now (though it's a bit laggy). There is item history and you can buy from the item search.

I heard there were positive changes to keyboard controls and that there are more to come. I use a controller though so I don't know how good they are.

There is a decent search function now.

I see no reason to worry. The devs have been giving us everything we ask for and more lately.
By countriboi 2012-02-14 14:28:11  
Those videos are the ***!
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2012-02-14 21:11:34  
Loving the game, tho i havn't been able to play much lately, due to work. Waiting on the new (old) jobs to come up. Why does warrior looks like BST and Dragoon look like DRK? seems like odd choices. Unless those are bst and drk, and SE is screwing with me