Elemental Ni/San Nuking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Elemental Ni/San Nuking?
Elemental Ni/San Nuking?
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-07 11:45:46  

Buffs used were Ascetic's tonic, Creampuff, innin, futae.
Atmas were Beyond, Ultimate, Baying moon.

The koga hatsuburi +2 augment combined with a 5/5 san spell adds crazy damage.

I do find myself nuking a lot outside, in dynamis for example every time I trigger a mob, swing around and innin + futae Hyoton: San for an easy 2k damage(without MaB katanas)
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-07 11:52:58  
Both katanas are +11 INT and MAB, which I believe... Beats out Aquilo's :X
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-03-07 11:57:06  
Nope. Aquilo's is Damage x 1.15
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-03-07 11:58:56  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Nope. Aquilo's is Damage x 1.15
Back to Uleguerand!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Lishje
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Lishje
By Quetzalcoatl.Lishje 2012-03-07 12:22:35  
That head peice augment is really something else, I never got to do a Magic burst but the best Innin/Futae/rdm sub/Aquilo's staff Hyoton I ever did was 3,377 dmg on a Sapling in Batallia downs xD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [167 days between previous and next post]
By Otomis 2012-08-21 23:19:50  
As fasr as I can tell this "may?" be best nuke set for Nin Wheel.

Body Fast Cast + MAB, Legs MAB + Macc

Instead of just using one fully merited San spell I did 1 in each of the 6 spells for wheel purposes and placed other 4 in to tool expertise.

Wondering if the staff + grip combo is better then 2x Int/MAB katanas?

Also another odd thing I noticed in abyssea: When changing atmas around with the base being MM + Ultimate. I used Guardian (+50 MAB) and changed to Kirin (+40 Int/Macc). I was getting damage on Bluffalo.

Seems kinda odd, no? Could be my int is too low other way. I know for Blm MAB and INT can both diminish in effectiveness when one gets so much higher then the other. I have 117 int with no food of additional buffs in that nuke set.

Anyhow, just tossing some stuff out there to spark up some nin wheel debate. With Atma's, Buffs, Food, Temps, Above gear set, and sub Rdm ~ Getting just under 2500 damage. If you use fast cast at start and damage set to finish you can basically just spam San spells. Max Haste + Fast cast takes San down to about 36s to recast. so a spell every 6 secs hitting about 2500, is about 415 Magic DPS.

I know nins do not go around wheel nuking all the time. but it is fun once in a while. (Just tossing that out there before team rage comes in to forum and tells everyone else that - games are not for fun, they are to get shyt done!)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2012-08-21 23:33:30  
+4 MAB
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2012-08-21 23:38:10  
the ACP body gives MAB+4, so Tess would win for body slot, for just MAB. But, Ninjitsu typically is better with more INT, so i have always gotten better numbers using Kirins Osode.

Not sure how things compare with Chat Staff + Grip, vs. 2x MAB katanas. However, Yagentoshiro has Ninjitsu Spell damage +10%, which i think should beat an MAB katana, and is easier to get found.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-08-21 23:44:20  
Thinking Kirin's osode and Wanion belt would be better in slot.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-21 23:46:01  
4mAB
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2012-08-22 00:08:29  
Sadly with gear atma/amtacites ninja nukes dont add up even with wheels and no resist.
With brew they are fun!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-22 00:19:01  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
the ACP body gives MAB+4, so Tess would win for body slot, for just MAB. But, Ninjitsu typically is better with more INT, so i have always gotten better numbers using Kirins Osode.

Not sure how things compare with Chat Staff + Grip, vs. 2x MAB katanas. However, Yagentoshiro has Ninjitsu Spell damage +10%, which i think should beat an MAB katana, and is easier to get found.
Haven't tested it myself, but are we 100% sure that katana is a straight multiplier? Both Koga head and Iga hands are really just MAB, I would be unsurprised to find that this is the case for the katana as well.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-08-22 02:19:08  
Buffs used: Cream Puff, Ascetic's Gambir, Atmas:BayingMoon/Ultimate/Beyond, Innin, Futae

Cream Puff, Ascetic's tonic, same atmas, with Innin and Futae. No skillchain.

Brew shot, same buffs.

The 70k San is a brew shot with same buffs and no Skillchain.

Set used.

lol Fun stuff!
[+]
By Otomis 2012-08-22 17:58:35  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Thinking Kirin's osode and Wanion belt would be better in slot.

I am going to test a few of these things out this weekend I thinks. I already own the katana, so thinking that katana + the MAB/INT trial katana would be best.
By Otomis 2012-08-22 18:01:13  
Soups you must have only Ice 5/5 Merited, I am looking more for a full wheel, so only 1 in each + Tool expertise. How ever with enough fast cast + haste and /rdm might be able to just use Ice and one shot things with out huge worry about timer. so it is something I may think about ;)
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-08-29 00:57:07  
Currently I have 5/5 Hyoton, and then one into each san spell. I like having the option to nuke if I have to. Never bothered with ninja tool expertise personally, especially since tools are so cheap.

With Yonin and Koga tekko +2 you're looking at like 50% NTE anyway.

Then again I guess you wouldn't use the Koga Tekko or Yonin if you were nuking.