users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM Maat
WHM Maat
 Fenrir.Yuriki
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-01-17 16:54:06  
So, what do you think the chances of winning this fight naked with zero skill (no sub job either but that's irrelevant for this fight) is? I haven't beaten WHM Maat since the "new" changes to the fight so I'm not 100% sure but apparently you can just survive for 5 minutes and win? Is this possible with an Abyssea burned mule?

Inb4 "skill up and win the real way!" I plan on getting all of my skill ups at 99. I purposely wanted to try Maat with the skill of a level 10ish WHM just to see how easy the game has become.

Possible?
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-17 16:56:23  
Doubt it.
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2012-01-17 16:57:35  
my mule was geared and i won with virtually no skill but i used terra, chev cape, tacos etc
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2012-01-17 17:00:59  
Bismarck.Xzeikx said: »
my mule was geared and i won with virtually no skill but i used terra, chev cape, tacos etc
This, afflatus solace and grats win, white mage is by far the easiest job to secure a win on nowadays. Yet somehow people still manage to mess white mage up, when you kind of have to try to :(
 Valefor.Mithano
サーバ: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2012-01-17 17:03:43  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
you can just survive for 5 minutes and win?

Actually that's how I did it back in 2007. I had run of the mill gear for a 66 whm I think, but spent the effort on bat earrings and junk. It was a closer fight than I would have guessed, but I still won first try.

Could you do it with a naked mule? Technically yes, but it's going to be hard. If you're willing to spend a lot of money on medicines (x-potions, etc.) Pick up Catiff's Socks and at least a couple of other items.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-01-17 17:18:47  
Solace for the SS effect, you mean?

I've been a tank for years so that shouldn't be an issue.
 Alexander.Shazo
サーバ: Alexander
user: Shazo
By Alexander.Shazo 2012-01-17 17:20:36  
Well, Maat had his way with me on my WHM. 0/1
Back in whatever year (forever ago) He decided BanishgaIII -> Howling Fist -> Facepunch would be the best way of killing me in three hits...
I leveled BLM to break 70 cap.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-17 18:00:41  
I skilled up divine magic for it. Didn't miss a repose.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-01-17 18:02:49  
I did maat on whm before repose was available, definitely not capped on anything...

hi-medicine that doesn't give medicated status and some evasion gear, blind potion and the eva-while blind earrings?

just stay alive for what is it: 6 minutees?

wasn't hard, one try
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-17 18:15:26  
Should fight Maat melee style and kill him before you cure yourself enough to pass.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-01-17 18:19:22  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Should fight Maat melee style and kill him before you cure yourself enough to pass.

never tried that, but would it actually work without spending all week leveling club?

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-17 18:35:09  
for a mule? <.< highly doubt it lol
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-01-17 18:38:39  
I miss going around clubbing things on whm, just I haven't been bothered to level it past 75...

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2012-01-17 19:19:35  
Def. a mule heh. I'm going to frap the fight later for fun. I'll post if I don't uberfail.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-01-17 19:35:59  
good luck
 Bahamut.Bekisa
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2012-01-17 19:38:06  
On my whm mule I did it completely naked with next to no skill just to see if I could and won first try.

I just made sure Aquaveil, and all other buffs, were up at the start. Brought a couple Yagudo drinks, hermes quencher, and a vile elixir just in case. Ran around curing myself and casting flash whenever I would get low. Just used Cure 4 as 5 would be too long and more of a chance to get interrupted. A few minutes into the fight, Aquaveil wore off and I had some trouble keeping myself cured. Had to use Bene at that point. Popped a Hermes quencher and sprinted to the other end -- reapplied SS and Blink before he caught up to me. Sprinted back to the other side and ran in circles again. Fight ended before SS wore off that time.

Maybe using a hermes doesn't count as naked to some people but he was in his taru underwear with no earth staff.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2012-01-17 19:41:33  
I'm starting and have been toying with the notion of obtaining Mjollnir, I just don't have the time to play that I'd like to...

that and I'm not that great of a player so soloing dyna I don't see myself doing, and it's a tad rough for me to multibox on one laptop, I prefer to do it with multiple systems, I have access to 2 active and 1 inactive account so I could effectively tribox and get the currency in about a month if I could do 200/character/day but hey...

Post deleted by User.
By Latifah 2012-01-17 20:13:00  
Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
On my whm mule I did it completely naked with next to no skill just to see if I could and won first try.

I just made sure Aquaveil, and all other buffs, were up at the start. Brought a couple Yagudo drinks, hermes quencher, and a vile elixir just in case. Ran around curing myself and casting flash whenever I would get low. Just used Cure 4 as 5 would be too long and more of a chance to get interrupted. A few minutes into the fight, Aquaveil wore off and I had some trouble keeping myself cured. Had to use Bene at that point. Popped a Hermes quencher and sprinted to the other end -- reapplied SS and Blink before he caught up to me. Sprinted back to the other side and ran in circles again. Fight ended before SS wore off that time.

Maybe using a hermes doesn't count as naked to some people but he was in his taru underwear with no earth staff.
this is what i did but i was carrying lots of pots and vile elixir/yagudo drinks and other stuff
 Bismarck.Xzeikx
user: xzeikx
By Bismarck.Xzeikx 2012-01-17 21:15:52  
Dont forget echos like me lol >.> i was running around like a tard for a good minute praying he didnt kill me onyl to remember after i won i had benediction :D lmao. But im not whm so i didnt think of these things D:

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Yvan
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2012-01-18 13:01:47  
All I did was fill my inventory with the contents of a hi-potion tank and ran around and spammed them till it was over.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [56 days between previous and next post]
By Projectstfu 2012-03-14 04:46:09  
*deleted*

Pay no attention to this. Didn't check date on thread and accidently necro bumped.