users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Deflation
Deflation
 Remora.Icehawk
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: IcehawkDT
By Remora.Icehawk 2008-04-13 10:46:45  
Someone is trying to deflate prices of certain items on the server. Look at the prices for Maneater's Flame Ring's, and Snipers Rings. There are more items. I can't figure out why they would do that though. I was thinking maybe there trying to lower the prices then when people put them on for lower prices buy them out and sell them at higher prices. What do you guys think is going on?

Edit:
Exerion
Kitoru
Hafirt
Guelgule
Brgit
Yaroer
Exerion
Kitoru
Mullitia
Pauher
Clavel
Hinto
Postoer
Newey
Haward
Feelinga
Kaun
Talet
Asiato
Elcina
Valsion
Asheru

Are some of the characters doing it. Not that I'm complaining. I would like a Maneater for cheap.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Dubont
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2008-06-07 16:25:23  
Actually, the RMT arent bringing down the prices. The "smartass" players that think they are cool. So they lower the price to sell faster and beat out RMT sellers. The RMT ARE raising the prices though, but thats not a bad thing. Prices raise on certain items, all prices raise. I wouldnt mind 10k silk thread stacks again....but that may never happen
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2008-06-09 15:16:32  
Once again, most of the people doing THAT is done by normal players. People are blaming the RMT to cover up what they themselves are doing. When a problem comes up, is it ever the players fault? No, its always the RMT..no matter what it is. Sure..cant fish in certain areas now..THAT is b/c of RMT...but the bad economy is due to stupid players who think they know everything.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [97 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Tito
user: Tito
By Remora.Tito 2008-09-14 14:48:03  
i have to agree with dubont, ive seen greedy people cut the price of an item just to get it to sell faster. ive had that happen so many times where ive boughten an item, used it for a day or 2 (think capped event) and tried to sell it for my buying price, only to have it returned to my DB and see that the price dropped anywhere from 10-20% by people looking to sell now, instead of waiting for it to sell at the full price. its kind of annoying imo.
 Remora.Willoflame
By Remora.Willoflame 2008-10-03 18:11:07  
You want to know what's wrong with this game's economy? It's idiots that think that if you sell something cheaper to get their money faster. Don't get me wrong, I work this AH like I work my math problrms, I love it when people do that so I can just jack the price up so high. However, the thing is... Too many people do this. For instance: Serket Rings. Some people get lucky and think they're so cool so they sell a serket for maybe 450k when the price is 500. Then... People like me, buy those 450k rings and sell them for 500. I'm pretty much making money off of other people being HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. But the thing is... It's happening to every item. I can't buy out every item and sell it for higher. I wish I could, but I just can't. I know that no one will read this, you know... Whatever. But the fact remains that people are not money-concious these days and think they are doing themselves a favor, but in the end, are doing us all harm, killing the original prices of items and they keep going down and down. We could do this without the RMT, but... Well, we'd need everyone on lolRemora to take some sort of Economy class. ~Willo
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-10-03 18:36:49  
Undercutters, like me, have made a determination that our time is more valuable than whatever we lose in the price difference.

For instance, if a serket ring costs 500k, and usually sells in say... 3 days if prices are relatively stable and there is a decent number in stock... well, if I can sell it in 12 hours for 450k, I have to ask myself: is that 2.5 days I save worth 50k?

In almost every situation, the answer is Yes. Because I can leverage that 450k into making way more than the missing 50k with the 2.5 days I gain by doing so. Even worse... if I fail to undercut and someone else does, permanently lowering the price by 10k, and I don't keep checking the AH? It'll be a full 7 days before my item falls off due to lack of sale and I'll have to put it back up again. Now I've lost way, way more money in terms of time and investment than if I had put it up for 450k to begin with.

Therefore, it's a net win/win for me. You guys say we need to be more "money-conscious," but in effect, we are far more money-conscious in terms of our time investment than those who whine about undercutting.
 Pandemonium.Weisheng
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Weisheng
By Pandemonium.Weisheng 2008-10-03 19:02:55  
When you buy a Serket Ring for 450k and sell it back to the AH for 500k + AH fee you are not making anything worth mentioning anyways. More or less wasting your time and a space on a AH for 3-7 days when you could have sold something else much faster and made more of a profit than you did with the Serket Ring idea :p
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2008-10-03 19:36:08  
I do not mean to sound rude some of you are ignorant.. yes players cause certain things in game. yes you are right. Bu those items the OP is talking about is deflated and inflated to the purpose of one type of persom. RMT!!!!! RMT ARE THE OMES DOING THIS IT IS HAPPENENING ON SEVERAL SERVERS AT THE SAME TIME... yeah its us..

oh please
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2008-12-01 20:28:50  
it IS normal players. Sure RMT may cut it slightly but it is ignorant players who cut say a 12k item down to 6k just to get it to sell faster. Then others see this cut and cut it even more until people see you make nothing out of it so they stop selling. Then RMT start selling at 12k again and so the cycle starts. It happens every 2 weeks with Nebimonites.
 Bahamut.Cyr
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cyr
By Bahamut.Cyr 2008-12-01 21:12:41  
Its not normal players. The RMT sell to themselves at incredibly low price and fill the AH history with sales that are several hundred thousand gil lower than the normal selling price. Unknowing players sell their items to their AHcampers at these low prices. The price-setters then set the prices back to their normal values and sell the items that they just bought from players at much higher prices than what they were purchased for.
 Odin.Gensouryuu
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2008-12-01 21:37:12  
its probably both. But definetly what the RMT does has a greater impact. Flame rings have dropped to 200k, ive seen many people sell them for 200k without knowing it. Then RMTs jump prices back up to 400K+ again.
 Odin.Marigrim
サーバ: Odin
user: Mmaarrii
By Odin.Marigrim 2008-12-01 23:18:44  
Marigrim said:
I won't say it's rmt but yes the above named players have been price fixing items for quite sometime. Weird thing is the try to make it look low they even do "false shouts" in white gate for the items at the listed price. Everyone on the server knows it's being fixed and they/we more or less sell by memory (and alot of times a bit more) what the going rate used to be. So I assure you it isn't "black balling" or anything - I seriously doubt it's rmting either though. For odin server characters who are worried they are nerfing the price and these items will sell for those prices: A) don't worry about it B) as long as 9/10's of the server remembers more or less what the value was they will keep trying to get every gil they can for them. This "rmt fixing" as it is accused has only made the items worth a little more because when you want them you are more at the mercey of the AH than ever no *real* auction history to influence the seller so he thinks about it for 30 minutes adds a few k's to what he wants for it to see what it's going to do and after you pluck up the courage to buy it your purchase goes poof in 4 hours. It's more like blind auctioning really than revenge of the rmt in my opinion. At times ppl get nervous and in a bind on these items and drop the price a bit (all the better for the consumer) and others study the number that remains posted and really stick it to someone when they want to shop. The only thing I think ppl are up tight about and making up these wild assumptions isn't due to the fact they think they can't GET the items they are there... I think it is because they don't have a past price history to hold their hands for them to guide them through spending "X k gil like the last 10 million ppl" no one wants to run the risk of paying more. It sucks it's annoying it makes me want to slap the person doing it.. but it isn't rmt'ing it's someone sitting at home laughing at your post because they are now famous for 5 seconds "the server that cried rmt" please stop... hell I even caught myself doing it, I get po'd and "it's rmt" it's almost like hurting yourself and saying "damn it!" I didn't get pissed and say it because I thought it was rmt I got pissed and said it cause it has become like an "in-game" bad ju ju hex XD soon when you get owned in Valkurm Dunes there will /sh GDI RMT blah blah blah D: Thanks for reading this really over long post XD. ~ Mari

This is something I posted to a forum for odin on the same subject.
Happy reading :)

No idea on your server what the names are but it's the same thing going on -
 Seraph.Zoey
サーバ: Seraph
user: ZoeyofS
By Seraph.Zoey 2008-12-02 00:45:56  
It's no consipiracy at all!!

Supply and demand, it happens.

Sometimes this happens when theres a good thing to make gil on and several people catch on a small amount of time. Sometimes when an item sells 2 a day and theres 5 another guy can come along realizing his wont sell out then lowers the price. If the supply stays way above demand than the price will go down, reverse with the contrary. There are several ways/angles/reasons for the price fluctuations of supply and demand but thats just what it is.

Understand this.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2008-12-02 03:08:00  
I too was in this position , only it was woodsman rings.
the thing is when I went to sell, @ 100K, I watched as I put my rings on, last week ( atm around in Oct sometime...) Rings went for 100K. Well My rings got sent back.. why?

I watched as every week the rings went "South".

Everyone knows Supply and Demand, but when the RMT get mixed with up in this, they are the ones, with price fixing qualities, observe the prices, sell to themselves, control the influx with price control and yada yada, and then its the NA Real time gamers, such as ourselves, get Euchred into trying to get Fast cash by getting a quick sell, thinking, " Oh We out smarted a RMT" No...

Weather or not, IMO.. RMT do play a positive role with the AH. I definatley see this. I read alot of messages like this, and sure.. some ppl who actually "enjoy" thegame and Do play it for the fun, get screwed b/c they are at the mercy of these ppl.

I know I was. I got desparate b/c after a month I was going broke.. so I sold out to 60K for the Damn rings each.. 140K over 200K... 60 K does mean alot. ( 2 re raise earings or 20 Stax of Mithkabobs.)