フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » slow/para set advice wanted
slow/para set advice wanted
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-11 21:06:31  
This is my gear so far for a simple para/slow gearset

so far most of it is the stuff form my cure set except body neck and backpieces.

any other advice form somthing simple inexpensive and fast to get to fill in the empty slots ?

PS. this is on my cure mule so krizz can stop bashing the tamas >.>
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-01-11 21:21:42  
For a full on potency set, I'd say get ajari bead necklace, one of the fastest and cheapest upgrades to neck I could think of. star earring comes next, but they aren't as inexpensive as the necklace. Also, orison cap +2 has 10 MND.

Admittedly, I'm thinking of level 90 stuff, so there are probably better things one can use at 99. ^^
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-11 21:23:59  
ty fr the info

I forgot to Check cap had mnd on it i thoguht it only had CP.
but i have it so ima just reuse that.

ajari loock lovely cheap lol
jstu ishe d ther was something with magic acc also out there.

earring is 30k per mnd upgrade the hat is at below 1k per mnd.

ima just start with the neck ^.^
 Sylph.Annex
サーバ: Sylph
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-01-11 21:39:00  
Noetic neck piece, relic hands +2, and I also use augurs pant I think. I also use AF body +1. I know that it's less mnd but I never have issues landing para and slow. In and out of abyssea with the exception of "some" vwnms.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Thoraeon
サーバ: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-01-11 23:34:09  
Karka is free and not too hard. I have fought Krabkatoa a few times even at lower level caps.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2012-01-11 23:59:12  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
your cure mule has a karka ring? nice, I never thought I'd see someone like that hesitant with spending like 30k gil lol

doing vnms for empy wpn why not pop the t3 when you abysite turn.

Then when karke drops a mnd ring, do you give it to yourself that really never play mage jobs or for you whm mule that is always there in every fight?
[+]
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2012-01-12 02:21:55  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
your cure mule has a karka ring? nice, I never thought I'd see someone like that hesitant with spending like 30k gil lol

i'm 2/2 and was still broke as all hell D: granted, got lucky and both had a shadow... and was before they fixed the pin spot (did they fix it? i herdz they did, might be wrong though)

on topic... I'd also throw a little macc in there at least, I tended to still get resists at 90 on whm with capped enfeebling skill with this set:

if you're having trouble you can always toss on af body, whm was just a job I leveled because i fell asleep in an abyssea party... so i never cared to do af's :3. Or really gear it for that matter... most stuff I had from rdm or randomly lying around.
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-01-12 10:30:42  
Here's the set I use:

(Note that the Sapphire Earring has M.Acc+2, it's just a stopgap until I find a second Neptune's Pearl.)

Totals: Enfeebling +49, Magic Accuracy +34, MND +66

I seem to shoot for a lot more enfeebling skill than most people, but that's because I try to enfeeble some pretty gnarly stuff on WHM. Even with Undying + Matriarch atmas and 8/8 merits, this build sometimes gets resists. For example, trying to land Para on Alfard still only lands about half the time I think.

*Edit: Oops forgot I changed Aqua Sachet to Aureole.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-01-23 18:00:16  
Edit: Derped. Sorry
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-01-23 18:47:34  
Hyksos Khat +1 is a good piece for resist sets, 11 skill, 8mind, NQ works also
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-01-23 22:10:34  
In terms of "free", if you can do voidwatch, Rubeus legs and feet are not only good, but are situationally best. Depending on what you use your whm for, you might want to have a max potency set, and a max skill set.

Anyways, Rubeus boots have +10 to all skill on them and are only beaten as a skill piece by Whm Af2+2 feet (which can get quite pricy to build). Rubeus spats are hands down the best potency piece, followed be Augur's, then Portent Pants for a skill set.

Sweven Coat/+1 should beat af/+1 body for a skill piece. Not sure how expensive it is to buy, but it's dirt cheap to make if you make all the stuff yourself. Rubeus body would beat them all if you can find a group to beat Botulus Rex.

If you don't have af2 hands, Rubeus Gloves are pretty nifty too.