Solo Gear

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Solo gear
Solo gear
By Atramortis 2012-01-05 13:37:04  
I have looked and have not found much on what to wear for solo gear. I am used to mnk but going full in nin now. Is evasion what you want most of? Or is it not worth the trade off of DD gear? Any specific pieces you can think of? I want to solo some seals in abyss as well as some harder stuff. Also want to do some limbus. So over all gear suggestions are helpful. I know solo can be very situational.
 Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa 2012-01-05 13:45:52  
What you want is very vague. Would try posting your current gear sets.
TP, WS, Evasion, -PDT, -MDT etc. Also assuming your using /dnc and would apply that to.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2012-01-05 13:52:35  
Not sure if they are the best anymore. But my gearsets are listed on my character page. Should at the least be decent.
By Atramortis 2012-01-05 13:54:40  
It would be /dnc
Don't have a evasion set yet. Thats what I am workin on. Just wondering if for solo I want to focus heavily on evasion. My mnk solo gear would not work on nin
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2012-01-05 13:59:09  
You really want to have evasion and full tp. Depending on the enemy some won't ever hit you if you land Kurayami. Others even with it will never miss.

Most of limbus you can evade with no debuffs and in full TP set. Bosses you'll have to debuff but can still do in tp. Abyssea stuff thou will require evasion for the higher tier NMs. Like when shadows are down etc.
 Sylph.Siccmade
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Siccmade 2012-01-05 14:04:56  
As you said, solo is situational.

Have
Quetzalcoatl.Darkakumaa said: »
TP, WS, Evasion, -PDT, -MDT
sets at the ready.

As far as specific pieces, the AGI/EVA Magian Katana is very nice for off-hand.
Compared to 75 content, that's a huge chunk of Evasion. Boxer's Mantle when you need more.

As far as soloing seals... take the proper atmas for the NM and let them do the work, gear full DD.
 Ragnarok.Kanryu
By Ragnarok.Kanryu 2012-01-05 15:00:00  
Actually. Unless you take the time to cap your parry. You are probably better off using a Blur Mantle in your evasion set.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-01-05 15:07:49  
Ragnarok.Kanryu said: »
Actually. Unless you take the time to cap your parry. You are probably better off using a Blur Mantle in your evasion set.

I was under the impression that Parrying was like guarding, equally useless regardless of level.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-05 15:33:56  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

I was under the impression that Parrying was like guarding, equally useless regardless of level.

On old 75 content, would probably work pretty well, as well, the mob levels are really low >_>
On anything EM+, pretty much useless.
By Atramortis 2012-01-05 16:01:02  
I think I might slowly chip away at AGI/EVA Magian Katana mind me asking how long it took anyone that has one? Looks like a long journey.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-01-05 16:06:43  
Atramortis said: »
I think I might slowly chip away at AGI/EVA Magian Katana mind me asking how long it took anyone that has one? Looks like a long journey.

It's a rather fast trial actually, a week tops if you keep at it
[+]
By gmg123 2012-01-05 16:16:38  
I took both of my katanas to +2 at the time in 3-4 days doing one trail after another in rapid successio.

At one point you cant fight some mobs that count for both the present katana in main hand and a katana on a lower trial in off-hand.

Once you get to the geodes/garudites portion you will spend a lot of time in Grauberg camping the weather for drops, or spending gil for them.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-05 18:29:00  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Pretty much. Anything weak enough for parrying skill to matter is something you'll probably also have auto-capped evasion on, at which point you won't care about parrying anyway.

gmg123 said: »
I took both of my katanas to +2 at the time in 3-4 days doing one trail after another in rapid successio.

At one point you cant fight some mobs that count for both the present katana in main hand and a katana on a lower trial in off-hand.

Once you get to the geodes/garudites portion you will spend a lot of time in Grauberg camping the weather for drops, or spending gil for them.
You should get more than enough geodes just from doing trials. Garudites is another story.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-01-08 14:19:03  
@ the OP. First of all, I think it's awesome that you want to get your Ninja solo on. Soloing on ninja is one of my favorite things to do in-game, there's really not much a Ninja can't handle/prep for.

As far as gearing for evasion is concerned. I feel that currently there's not much of a need for it at this point in the game. Being level 99 most things are going to have a hard time hitting you as is. Especially in abyssea, where you are getting huge stat increases from Gnarled Horn and cruor buffs.

I don't count evasion out though.. Never know when you need to bust it out if you find yourself fighting multiple enemies, or switch into it because shadow recast timers are screwed.

If you plan on seriously soloing with ninja. Bring everything so that you can adapt to the situation. EVA WS TP PDT MDT Enfeeble Nuke. And meds!
By Atramortis 2012-01-09 12:44:07  
I am starting to get alot better at soloing been doing quite a few things. Cleared first two floors of limbus north before timer ended. Have done alot of nm only one who I have had trouble with was Iku Turso beat him twice but died both times luckily had RR. Sill playing around with atmas for solo play. For group I use RR/GH/APOC would you use these same ones for solo or go for def or other stats?
 Hades.Ferusio
サーバ: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2012-01-09 13:08:33  
regen atmas and /war for solo inside abby so you can have procs. Do you know what im saying.
By Xorn 2012-01-09 19:22:34  
Remove the "s" from atmas and then I know what you're saying.