Worth Getting Above 50% Fast Cast?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Worth getting above 50% fast cast?
Worth getting above 50% fast cast?
 Ragnarok.Jajabiondina
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Jajabiondina 2012-01-05 03:44:51  
All i ever used was hat/body, looks like we can reach around 65% but somehow expensive and inv+, so...yes? no?
 Lakshmi.Prinnysmash
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Prinnysmash 2012-01-05 04:39:18  
Well RDM can cap fastcast, over cap actually(84 by my count). And capped fast cast may as well be full time chain spell, spells go off at 15% of the casting bar. Worth it if you're into that kind of thing lol

Edit:

Fast cast 5 on pants, fast cast 3 on neck, and add the 99 staff by spell type(14%).
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-05 09:52:11  
It takes a lot of playing around with to ensure that your gear gets equipped properly. Short spells are the main problem. With full fastcast gear you can't always get all of your potency gear on before the spell resolves. Also the quick cast on the ammo and belt can be problematic for many spells so you'd have to set up your macros or rules to not use them in certain spells so you get full potency rather than an insta-cast and your spell going off in FC gear or ss having no effect and then cancelling after.

Lastly having that many magican elemental fastcast staves would make your inventory explode since at that point you'd probably have 16-20 staves on your person.

That being said... if you can manage it, it's worth it. Casting really fast was one of my primary attractions to rdm other than the hat.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-05 18:40:42  
Lakshmi.Prinnysmash said: »
Well RDM can cap fastcast, over cap actually(84 by my count). And capped fast cast may as well be full time chain spell, spells go off at 15% of the casting bar. Worth it if you're into that kind of thing lol

Edit:

Fast cast 5 on pants, fast cast 3 on neck, and add the 99 staff by spell type(14%).
I count 87 max. 14 staff, 1 grip, 10 head, 3 neck, 2 ear, 2 ear, 12 body, 1 hands, 2 ring, 3 belt (assuming anyway), 5 legs, 2 feet. 87% fast cast including traits, which puts you 7% over cap. You could drop the grip, hands, and 5% more FC in the slots of your choice and still maintain cap.

However, Sekundes makes good points. The game client is sluggish and doesn't effectively handle rapid-fire gearswaps, so you'll have issues with your midcast gear when using such a set on faster spells. The 5% Quick Cast is also problematic for anything where you'd want to prioritize potency over recast reduction.

If you have the inventory space (which is a whole other debate), a tiered approach is probably ideal. Use less fast cast on faster spells, but go all-out on slow spells like Stoneskin.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-01-05 19:07:54  
It all depends on spell duration, and how many pieces of gear you use for fast cast (the smaller amount the better) but more importantly your midcast.

If you have a spell like from the cure family your cast time isn't very long. You can counter this by adding some of your midcast gear after your fast cast gear in your precast set/macro. Then in your midcast you can equip the rest of your gear, but put the most important pieces in your precast set so you make sure you get them, but make sure it's after all the fast cast equipment and don't overwrite any equipment.

If that makes sense... probably not.

Just if you want to know if its worth having over 50% it really depends on how long the normal cast duration is and how much gear you use during midcast and how much fast cast gear you have.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-01-05 19:41:32  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
If that makes sense... probably not.
It makes sense, to me at least. I currently have a separate fastcast set for cures so if my gear borks due to lag it won't completely destroy my potency. But I don't like doing this for different types of spells so I just put a better time buffer on other types. Just cures I like going off asap.