users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Hi outside Abyssea
Blade: Hi outside Abyssea
 Bismarck.Chaosprime
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Chaosprime 2011-12-21 17:17:51  
Hi guys,

I know Blade: Hi has a main AGI mod, and inside abyssea you compensate crits but using RR, GH, and Apoc. Now outside abyssea i find that Kannagi doesnt really have nowhere near the impact as other Emperean WS.
I am aware that this is due to the ws no criting. With that said, would it be better to stack more Crit + gear and dex in favour of AGI? What would be a good set up outside abyssea?

Thanks for taking the time to read and look forward to your responses.

Thanks
Chaos
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 17:24:37  
Bismarck.Chaosprime said: »
Hi guys,

I know Blade: Hi has a main AGI mod, and inside abyssea you compensate crits but using RR, GH, and Apoc. Now outside abyssea i find that Kannagi doesnt really have nowhere near the impact as other Emperean WS.
I am aware that this is due to the ws no criting. With that said, would it be better to stack more Crit + gear and dex in favour of AGI? What would be a good set up outside abyssea?

Thanks for taking the time to read and look forward to your responses.

Thanks
Chaos

Hi dude there's 100 other forums atm like this.

Search Function works wonders

Also I didn't know Blade:Hi doesn't crit outside unless using crit hit+ gear... maybe my drk should do that..
 Cerberus.Cleverness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cleverness 2011-12-21 17:28:03  
You'll need a different set for outside Abyssea yes, without Atma you're crit is lower, and without Cruor buffs you're dDex won't be capped.

Just some quick changes that you'd need to make for an outside set off the top of my head

Light earring is from chests in Misc Coast, can get a crit rate +1 augment on them. Seiryu's you'd want to augment with crit rate, and byakko's for the DEX + augmented as well. Leonine mask is generally annoying to get so if you have access to the Mini expansion head getting that augmented would be worthwhile, otherwise you'll prolly stick with whatever your normal helm is.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 17:33:39  
Cerberus.Cleverness said: »
You'll need a different set for outside Abyssea yes, without Atma you're crit is lower, and without Cruor buffs you're dDex won't be capped.

Just some quick changes that you'd need to make for an outside set off the top of my head

Light earring is from chests in Misc Coast, can get a crit rate +1 augment on them. Seiryu's you'd want to augment with crit rate, and byakko's for the DEX + augmented as well. Leonine mask is generally annoying to get so if you have access to the Mini expansion head getting that augmented would be worthwhile, otherwise you'll prolly stick with whatever your normal helm is.

Heads wrong and so is light earring.. but you would know that if you read the forum I posted in the link ^^
 Cerberus.Cleverness
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Cleverness 2011-12-21 22:13:45  
Ocelo is better since you'll want the DEX for trying to get closer to dDEX cap on higher level mobs(so pretty much VW and upcoming Neo Nyzul/Salvage). I assumed he wasn't using it for VW and just wanted damage for other stuff(where atm you'll need less DEX), so I listed that helm since it was popped into my head at the time.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-12-21 22:18:14  
Ocelomeh is better even if you assume it's not going to have a significant impact on your critrate (ie Voidwatch); Leonine Mask hasn't been relevant since WSDMG Shura was introduced and wasn't even all that great prior if you had Maat's Cap.