Usukane Shoes? Worth Getting For Tp/advice On Salv

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » usukane shoes? worth getting for tp/advice on salv
usukane shoes? worth getting for tp/advice on salv
First Page 2 3 4
 Shiva.Schatzie
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-13 06:15:44  
title. working on my tp set a little, and saw these. are they worth getting, or should i wait to see what the update brings?

if they still are, any advice on doing salvage; tips, tricks, anything to make acquisition smooth, would be appreciated.
 Bahamut.Itze
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2011-12-13 06:40:57  
They are worth it, can shave hits off a tp set up. Relic +2 items got a sexy upgrade so when Salvage gets their update it will be sex. Just sex.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 06:50:39  
You'll either rue the day you've ever crossed a bee in your life, or you'll go 1/1 and think nothing of it >.>

Don Pephredo is a merciless enigma of a NM
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-12-13 06:53:01  
Healer + THF + DD works for anything.

I won't bother with 35 strat.

For the chariot, you can either dot it and allow everyone to get charmed, or kite it every 25% when it uses brainjack. I prefer kiting method (THF + DD get charmed, then healer runs).

For the frog, have THF pull madame with flee, run away, hide, pull madame to side room next to teleport.

In terms of skill, it's extremely easy. Salvage is 99% luck.
 Sylph.Charandi
サーバ: Sylph
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Charandi 2011-12-13 07:05:06  
0/15 chariot after going 3/7 Bee on first BR run. I hate salvage.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 07:15:32  

couple improvements there, but usu feet are the way to go especially for non-relics (for acc+) and when they provide us with the ability to upgrade salvage gear they will probably blow ace's out of the water...inb4 water resistance augments...

hmmm pic linking thingy is borked,

gogo link linking thingy

Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Blackwhirlwind 2011-12-13 07:18:10  
Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
You'll either rue the day you've ever crossed a bee in your life, or you'll go 1/1 and think nothing of it >.>

Don Pephredo is a merciless enigma of a NM

Yes he is, since ive done salvage i have never seen him pop when i do BR.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-12-13 07:34:27  
javelinx said: »

couple improvements there, but usu feet are the way to go especially for non-relics (for acc+) and when they provide us with the ability to upgrade salvage gear they will probably blow ace's out of the water...inb4 water resistance augments...

gogo link linking thingy

Nin can equip Amano?
[+]
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-13 07:43:36  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »

gogo link linking thingy

Nin can equip Amano?
he's probably thinking it's for my gimpurai that was linked on my profile earlier before latest flushing.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 07:50:00  
also, with the bee's...they can suck or be awesome, just try to get the highest TH possible on every nm bee, our old rule was if 1 bee pops b4 50% hp then we take the door til it kills itself, if no bees b4 50% hp then we kill it right then, had a lot of times (talking 50+ runs of this easy lol) where the only time bee's would pop were before 50%, but if they did they would pop a bunch of times. also we would try to start out the fight by the thf stealing from it to put the thf on the hate list of the door itself (superstition thinking that a little luck on the door would cause the nm to pop more), we finished maybe 5 or 6 feet in the 2+ years we did salvage, and we only did this door until everyone that wanted them got them. many many times when the nm would pop at all, it would pop multiple times, like 5-7 times.
 Asura.Tamoa
サーバ: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-12-13 07:51:19  
I know you called it your gimpurai, but domaruuuuuu? Really??? :((((

Sorry, I just couldn't resist any longer.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 07:52:35  
are these the best enmity feet for nin still?
By javelinx 2011-12-13 07:55:25  
+1 domaru comment lol, but he's(he/she??? dancing girl pic and name with schat in it, points to dude)still building gear for sam is what im gathering here.
 Shiva.Schatzie
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-12-13 07:59:20  
+1 domaru comment lol, but he's(he/she??? dancing girl pic and name with schat in it, points to dude)still building gear for sam is what im gathering here.
this. (and she)

was more primarily concerned if they were worth the effort for an optimal nin TP set. :p
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-12-13 08:01:26  

Well, this thread is in the Ninja forum section, so I assumed the question asked by the OP is regarding nin gear. Personally I use usukane feet in my nin tp set - capping haste with those, dusk +1, twilight belt, af3 +2 headpiece and legs.
[+]
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:02:13  
well then, idts, especially if ur tanking and your parry is capped(tact. parry on af3 is awesome) with +2 haste and tact parry, and set procs, u will see more tp with af3+2's on
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:10:58  
af3 2/5 (dual wield body on,ocelot hands (once again assuming tanking, more agi needed, and usu feet) twilight belt, puts u at 26% haste yeah, but the stp from tact. parry is bigger than most ppl think, 4% per parry with boots and capped parrying skill is pretty huge, whereas an extra 7 stp will most likely make very little difference on a dual wielder, esp with all the DW gear nin's usually are wearing. u'll still be over cap, and most likely get more tp
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-13 08:11:43  
Shiva.Schatzie said: »
title. working on my tp set a little, and saw these. are they worth getting, or should i wait to see what the update brings?

if they still are, any advice on doing salvage; tips, tricks, anything to make acquisition smooth, would be appreciated.

They're still good shoes, but no longer the only above-average option, like they were in the level 75 cap days.

Unless you're having accuracy issues, I'd say these are just as good, or slightly better. Ace's

Edit:

didn't realize this was in the Ninja forum >.>

screw Usukane gear, Aurore 5/5 is the best *grin*
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:12:27  
af3 for tanking, usu for non tanking i guess...and once again, waiting on augments, u could get tactical parry on them for all we know ;p
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:14:56  
well then, idts, especially if ur tanking and your parry is capped(tact. parry on af3 is awesome) with +2 haste and tact parry, and set procs, u will see more tp with af3+2's on
No, you won't

The only way af3+2 feet become viable for tp is with perfectly augmented Byakko's Haidate being substituted for af3+2 legs.

Parry rate will remain unchanged regardless of your skill level, and in instances where you do parry, it's easily just added into what we call TP overflow due to the spontaneity of parrying with our abysmal rate (outside of Issekigan).

The fact it has +2 haste over usu feet is obvious, but seeing as you'd be aiming for capped haste in both sets, and you're implying you'd be tping in af3+2 legs alongside your af3+2 feet, the additional haste is useless.

Any/all talk of additional set procs becomes null when you realize that you're gimping yourself when using af3+2 feet with anything other than byakko's haidate, thus requiring you to remove your af3+2 legs (thus cancelling out the additional set bonus).

Please do try to at least do a little bit of reading before just posting what you feel is best through eyeballing and irrational/inconsiderate reasoning.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:18:39  
parry rate does actually go up with higher skill, not much, but it does.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:21:17  
af3 2/5 (dual wield body on,ocelot hands (once again assuming tanking, more agi needed, and usu feet) twilight belt, puts u at 26% haste yeah, but the stp from tact. parry is bigger than most ppl think, 4% per parry with boots and capped parrying skill is pretty huge, whereas an extra 7 stp will most likely make very little difference on a dual wielder, esp with all the DW gear nin's usually are wearing. u'll still be over cap, and most likely get more tp
You're kidding right? You're sacrificing the ideal tp build for 8 AGI? If you're aiming for an evasion set, the last thing you'd want to do is gimp yourself through mediocre pieces like Ocelot hands.

Also, any amount of STP is going to make a vast amount of difference for any dual wielding or h2h users, as it reduces the over-all amount of hits to reach 100% tp, regardless of the amount being added. 7 STP is huge amount, and it greatly reduces the hits taken to reach 100% tp in relation to your once in a blue moon 4%. And the *** with this "u'll still be over cap" ***, are you implying there's a cap on STP or there's a relation between capping dual wield and the effect of STP that doesn't work in its favor? Usu feet have nothing to do with hitting the delay cap, and hitting the delay cap has no influence on the value of STP that inhibits it.

And before you start preaching the boons of parrying, please find a means of refuting almost all evidence of the contrary where people with capped parry rate have proven again and again that the parry rate is the same as it is with non-existant parry rate. Floored.
 Carbuncle.Wulfshadow
By Carbuncle.Wulfshadow 2011-12-13 08:21:32  
parry rate does actually go up with higher skill, not much, but it does.
It really doesn't :(
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:23:56  
it's not really eyeballing btw, math is easy to do in ur head lol. once again, and i said this a couple times, "while tanking" ur gona wear af3 pants, for countering when shadows are down added with ur enmity/eva/lower enemy crit rate/+acc and skill to deal with yonin acc-. at which point the set bonus is viable again.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:25:09  
lol go parse it, it does, by about 2-5% depending on some variables, but u need large leaps in skill, like every 50 skill lvls=.3 or .5% parry rate.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:34:55  
Carbuncle.Wulfshadow said: »
You're kidding right? You're sacrificing the ideal tp build for 8 AGI? If you're aiming for an evasion set, the last thing you'd want to do is gimp yourself through mediocre pieces like Ocelot hands.

Also, any amount of STP is going to make a vast amount of difference for any dual wielding or h2h users, as it reduces the over-all amount of hits to reach 100% tp, regardless of the amount being added. 7 STP is huge amount, and it greatly reduces the hits taken to reach 100% tp in relation to your once in a blue moon 4%. And the *** with this "u'll still be over cap" ***, are you implying there's a cap on STP or there's a relation between capping dual wield and the effect of STP that doesn't work in its favor? Usu feet have nothing to do with hitting the delay cap, and hitting the delay cap has no influence on the value of STP that inhibits it.

And before you start preaching the boons of parrying, please find a means of refuting almost all evidence of the contrary where people with capped parry rate have proven again and again that the parry rate is the same as it is with non-existant parry rate. Floored.

i think it was obvious i was talking about capped haste, and no stp doesn't "greatly reduce" the amount of hits for DW's to get to 100% tp lol, it's a splash in the barrel unless ur sacrificing other tanking stats for moar stp...once again...while tanking, which im sure schat does plenty off, bcus she has a kannagi, so thats a pretty big piece of the puzzle to take into account. with an extra 7 stp u might get an extra how much tp in between each ws? whereas ur very likely to get parry or 2 every 30s or so, which is almost an extra attack round worth of tp if ur wearing boots.
 Carbuncle.Joeywheeler
user: Novax
By Carbuncle.Joeywheeler 2011-12-13 08:36:07  
My tanking and non tanking tp sets are the same :)
 Asura.Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2011-12-13 08:36:21  
af3 2/5 (dual wield body on,ocelot hands (once again assuming tanking, more agi needed, and usu feet) twilight belt, puts u at 26% haste yeah

I find what you are saying here somewhat confusing, but assuming you are saying af3 head and legs, ninja chainmail, ocelot hands, usukane feet and twilight belt. That's 25% haste, not 26%.

And just wondering - do you have a 2nd character with nin leveled? If not, how can you be so certain about some of your statements regarding nin's tp gear @ lvl 95? Asking out of sheer curiosity btw.
By javelinx 2011-12-13 08:36:55  
and holy cow, u need to research things, the delay of your weapon DIRECTLY infulences how much tp you get per swing lol...wow.
First Page 2 3 4