users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Realmrazer
Realmrazer
 Odin.Calipso
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-03 09:16:57  
So I want to start making a set for this and am looking for help finding the best pieces.

This is what I was thinking... with the blank spaces being pieces I had questions about. (And of course welcome any input on other pieces too).

Neck: Ajari (6MND), elemental gorget, or prudence?
Earring(s): Mnd, or Aesir/mermans?
Head: Orison+2(10mnd) or Selenian (With possible augs of 4mnd/4agi+ws dmg=2%/or str+4+ws acc+15)
Waist: Cascade belt(7MND) or elemental.
Back: Sunbeam(6MND) or a well augmented resilient.

Thanks for any input!
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-12-03 10:32:47  
I don't really know how WHM DD is in general, but considering no native offensive traits I'd think atk/acc>str>mnd.

Edit: Resilient with good augments would be better(somehow escaped my mind even after I read your post) and I just put light belt/gorget as a placeholder, as I don't know what it's elemental properties are.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2011-12-03 10:59:15  
ya know Hydra doublet from dynmais tav might be good for the acc on a 7 hit ws on whm. aybe some the other hydra gear to for acc.

Edit or the acp body with right augs if u not useing for soemthign else.
 Fenrir.Camaroz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-12-03 11:02:45  
in my opinion this is nothing but hexa strike with mind only mod. nothing more nothing less.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-03 11:19:09  
Fenrir.Camaroz said: »
in my opinion this is nothing but hexa strike with mind only mod. nothing more nothing less.

But with 5/5 merits the mnd mod is 100%. Its at least worth looking into a build for it. Yes Calipso, go with Selenian Cap for head. Kai's build looks goood, but I'd go with marduk shoes, and I'm not sure what other improvements could be made :P. Sorry this wasn't SUPER helpful, but atleast it gives you the head slot :P.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-09 14:46:08  
Latest Dev Posting:
Quote:
After testing, we concluded that there is a need to lower the damage dealt by the club weapon skill Realmrazer. We'll be making adjustments so that Realmrazer is the strongest club weapon skill for jobs that cannot learn Hexa Strike.
AKA probably won't be as strong as hexa even at full power.
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-09 14:47:28  
Dev's have clear goals, but we know that they aren't omniscient. They mess up a lot. It's still possible Realmazer will conquer Hexa when fully-meritted, at least situationally.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-09 14:49:02  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Dev's have clear goals, but we know that they aren't omniscient. They mess up a lot. It's still possible Realmazer will conquer Hexa when fully-meritted, at least situationally.
Situationally being in Abyssea with full MND atma's :(! Or brew D:
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-09 14:50:55  
WHM has no issue stacking MND, and with it having a huge mod, it's a curious balance. I'd say wait and see it yourself, is all.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-12-09 14:51:31  
Na, I'm just complaining just to complain lol.

I didn't test it at all much but that still sucks, as with a lot of other jobs it is happening to.

Teasing them with a new WS that is stronger than any other ws, possibly on a job that hasn't had a new ws to replace an old one since the start of the game (like whm), and then take it away from them.

Just... wish they would have fixed it before putting it on the test server :( would have been better that way!
 Fenrir.Camaroz
user: camaroz
By Fenrir.Camaroz 2011-12-09 14:52:27  
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Situationally being in Abyssea with full MND atma's :(! Or brew D:

^^
This

Makes me a sad panda
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-12-09 15:08:15  
Latest Dev Posting:
Quote:
After testing, we concluded that there is a need to lower the damage dealt by the club weapon skill Realmrazer. We'll be making adjustments so that Realmrazer is the strongest club weapon skill for jobs that cannot learn Hexa Strike.

Sigh. Well, at least I won't have to change my avatar.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-12-09 15:10:32  
Na, I'm just complaining just to complain lol.

I didn't test it at all much but that still sucks, as with a lot of other jobs it is happening to.

Teasing them with a new WS that is stronger than any other ws, possibly on a job that hasn't had a new ws to replace an old one since the start of the game (like whm), and then take it away from them.

Just... wish they would have fixed it before putting it on the test server :( would have been better that way!
Kind of comes with the territory of a test server. I personally don't care for the idea because then you get plenty of dissent and back-seat drivers.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-12-09 15:12:16  
Latest Dev Posting:
Quote:

FFXI devs... I swear...

Every other game, new content is supposed to be exciting and progressive.

Nowadays, every bit of "new" content is rehashed, inferior to previous content, or extremely sidegradey. Why even bother with new WS if they aren't going to be that useful?
[+]
By Kikorimo 2011-12-09 15:23:55  
I was actually interested in putting points into this WS until I saw the nerf post. "...for jobs that cannot learn Hexa strike..." implies that it will be an inferior WS compared to Hexa, which really isn't all THAT impressive unless inside abby and you put DD atma instead of whm atma on anyways... IE: probably be lucky if you can break 1k dmg outside abby unless you are hella pimped out as a mele whm after the nerf. I guess we'll see how bad it is (the nerf), but for now looks like I'm not going to be bothering with it myself.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [190 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Lyrminas
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lyrminas
By Phoenix.Lyrminas 2012-06-16 14:14:38  
Anyone have the math on Prosilio Belt vs Elemental Belt for Realmrazer? Figured whm has very little str and atk options.

9STR 25atk -5% DA

Vs

10acc (all hits?)
0.1 fTP
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-06-16 15:05:55  
fTP transfers, ele. belt by a lot.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-16 15:26:28  
Realmrazer set on my profile should be optimal for all situations where WHM melee would be viable in the first place (assumes boost-str at least 20 and red curry buns)
 Phoenix.Lyrminas
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lyrminas
By Phoenix.Lyrminas 2012-06-17 04:18:52  
thanks for the replies!
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-06-17 06:14:08  
Yeah, the reason Elemental Belts are even considered is because on some of the Merit WS that 0.1 fTP bonus is applied to all hits.

Realmrazer is 7 hits and has this behavior. I think you can figure it out from there.