users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja's back me up
Ninja's back me up
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-11-27 14:35:19  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
I'm not trying to over value DA, but with the current gear available for Nin they're not going to have a high amount of DA anyways, so the "diminishing returns" isn't going to be as high as you're making it out to be.
And you're still ignoring the fact that most of Nin's damage is coming from TP, which is what you want to be strengthening.

10% /WAR
3% Epona's
5% Brutal
3% Atheling

1.6% increase from 2DA.

The majority of your damage is TP phase, but you're making it sound like dropping that hit hurts your DoT when it does not, I would gladly trade a hit to WS sooner. Dropping one hit to WS faster is more beneficial than relying on a DA proc to WS faster. WS frequency is far more important.
 Asura.Kaisuko
サーバ: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-11-27 15:04:55  
But you're also overshooting 100% often and dropping only a single hit(not a complete attack round) is going to be severely minimal.
 Shiva.Schatzie
サーバ: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2011-11-27 15:27:52  
Asura.Tamoa said: »
Tell that guy to get lost, lol. Capped haste + DA = increased ws frequency = mob dies faster.

I guess you can macro in goading for voke or something.
this.

also, dont be one of those nins who TPs in kaftan/full +2, dont forget your ninja chainmail /miniofftopicrant.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-27 16:11:31  
Asura.Kaisuko said: »
But you're also overshooting 100% often and dropping only a single hit(not a complete attack round) is going to be severely minimal.
Still changes your average hits/ws in most cases... Holding all other factors equal, Goading will generally (every case I've tried so far) ~match or beat Twilight assuming 20% haste in other slots. The reason we use Twilight is because you can get better trades in other slots.
By Otomis 2011-11-27 16:36:10  
I think this is best set using goading...

Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-27 16:38:33  
no it's not
By Otomis 2011-11-27 16:41:01  
Would probably be best you post what you think is "Using Goading" then just say no its not lol.

Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-27 16:41:48  
Dusk+1/Koga gloves and portus collar.
By Otomis 2011-11-27 16:50:39  
Aye for straight DD: What you give up as a tank is, 5 Subtle Blow, 3 Enmity, and 10% addition damage taken. To Gain 5 Attack and 5% Crit hit rate which in abyssea is damn near capped all the time Using SS/GH/RR. + I like using as much R/E gear as I can over AH gear. Also for outside abyssea when your Crit hit is not full time capped, unless you are TP burning probably do not want to be taking 10% more damage, as well the small enmity helps as it is harder to keep hate in things like VW if thf is not on you.

That being said, 100% True for best DD, you are correct sir: However if I want to ball to the walls DD I just come War/Sam, lol.
By Nevill 2011-11-27 16:51:53  
Otomis said: »
Aye for straight DD: What you give up as a tank is, 5 Subtle Blow, 3 Enmity, and 10% addition damage taken. To Gain 5 Attack and 5% Crit hit rate which in abyssea is damn near capped all the time Using SS/GH/RR. + I like using as much R/E gear as I can over AH gear. Also for outside abyssea when your Crit hit is not full time capped, unless you are TP burning probably do not want to be taking 10% more damage, as well the small enmity helps as it is harder to keep hate in things like VW if thf is not on you.

That being said, 100% True for best DD, you are correct sir: However if I want to ball to the walls DD I just come War/Sam, lol.

Why do this if it is an inferior setup?
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-11-27 16:52:45  
Otomis said: »

Use Apoc
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-11-27 16:53:06  
Why SS over Apoc? >.>
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-11-27 16:53:42  
Because Apoc is an AH atma
[+]
By Otomis 2011-11-27 16:55:28  
Why do this if it is an inferior setup?

It is inferior by very little. And I just prefer R/E gear. But that is probably because most my gear stores go to finish Aegis. Once that is done I wont be such a tight ars. as well as having limited space with actually having all 20 Jobs at least geared well enough to play then effectively. If I was full time nin I would as well. That is why mate (*^.^*)
By Nevill 2011-11-27 16:55:34  
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Why SS over Apoc? >.>

Epeen Hi numbers maybe? Overall DOT hurts badly though.
By Otomis 2011-11-27 17:01:29  
Nevill said: »
Why SS over Apoc? >.>

Epeen Hi numbers maybe? Overall DOT hurts badly though.

Naw I bounce back and forth with apoc and SS, with actual parser and using Nin.xml they break about even. and yes I have parsed it and have an extremely well written XML. Also depends on if I am /War or /Dnc. Or what my goal is proc's? then /war Apoc, and even VV since I have all but great sword and scythe of course for nin. I am not arguing over the fact that that anything is not better then what I do. But I can understand the consistent need to hate by people.

So in Quote:

"Haters: they hate what you look like, whacha wearing, whacha drivin, whacha think about, whacha talk about...they *** hate it but you gonna have to understand thats the way it is.....Have you eva caught a muthafuka starin at you with the "i just caught the stomach virus face"?..you ever just out yo peripheral like.......like everything bout you just *** with them."
Katt Williams
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-11-27 17:04:22  
Otomis, why do you offer suggestions when you already know they're ***?

Why SS over Apoc? >.>
I'm going to go with this:
Nevill said: »
Epeen Hi numbers maybe?
SS isn't a horrible choice in specific situations though. The difference between RR/GH/SS and RR/GH/Apoc isn't too severe, though it's expanded somewhat with 95 cap. More attack and less level correction means cRatio has increased and as such crits add proportionally less than they did at 90. Anyway, the reduced TP feed and increased HP can be convenient for certain NMs.
[+]
By Nevill 2011-11-27 17:04:29  
Not hatin, but your last quote hurt my brain a bit.

edit: Not you, Night!
By Otomis 2011-11-27 17:05:59  
Sorry ; . ;