By Entrerias 2011-10-30 14:39:18  
AGI+6 Accuracy+6 "Store TP"+3

tp or blade hi setup?
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-30 14:51:26  
The correct answer for both is Rancor Collar.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: frodough
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2011-10-30 15:18:28  
actually no, tping in rancor collar is actually very very wrong. you take 10% more dmg.....

And as for houyi's id use it in aby since your crit rate is damn near capped for more dmg since agi is the mod. outside rancor for crit rate, but ONLY macro piece.
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-30 15:21:11  
why would you tp in a rancor?
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2011-10-30 15:21:58  
Because the person was either trying to be funny, or doesnt know what they are talking about.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-30 15:23:55  
Have you guys never heard of Utsusemi or defensive gearswaps? There are a handful of situations where I wouldn't TP in Rancor due to fast, high-damage TP moves, but most of the time it's not an issue at all.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-30 15:25:36  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Have you guys never heard of Utsusemi or defensive gearswaps? There are a handful of situations where I wouldn't TP in Rancor due to fast, high-damage TP moves, but most of the time it's not an issue at all.

Pushing a macro is hard!
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
サーバ: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-10-30 15:27:14  
i think the gorget offers more as a tp piece. certainly not for ws.
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2011-10-30 15:27:56  
i have, but doesnt make the idea any smarter. besides anything with store tp beats it out anyways since your trying to get tp faster. hell id use a chiv chain over rancors for tp set. hell houyi is far superior due to the acc, agi (alittle evasion doesnt hurt) and 3 store tp.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-30 15:30:04  

This. Seriously, you're *** Ninjas. Your evasion is through the roof even before you swap to eva kit, you can full -pdt in a pinch, and you have 9 shadows. If you can't manage to tp in Rancor without it affecting your gameplay in most situations, you should consider a job change.

With that out of the way, why would you not tp in Rancor Collar in the majority of cases?
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-10-30 15:31:42  
Lakshmi.Mrfrodo said: »
i have, but doesnt make the idea any smarter. besides anything with store tp beats it out anyways since your trying to get tp faster. hell id use a chiv chain over rancors for tp set. hell houyi is far superior due to the acc, agi (alittle evasion doesnt hurt) and 3 store tp.

forgive me for being melee-challenged, but isn't stp useless unless it reduces a total hit from your xbuild? I mean, adding just 3 stp, if it makes your hits go from say 5.1 to 5.4 tp/hit, isn't that moot unstacked?

Do nins even xhit build? you hit so fast i didn't think it mattered.
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-30 15:33:23  

[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-10-30 15:34:10  
A good ninja's going to have shadows up most of the time anyway, so a good deal of the time attacks being directed at them is a non-issue, and if they're down you're going to likely be switching into a different neckpiece anyway like Magoraga Bead Necklace to reup shadows quickly or something like Torero Torque or Twilight Torque to reduce damage being dealt while waiting to get shadows back up.
 Leviathan.Dodu
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Dodu 2011-10-30 15:34:36  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

forgive me for being melee-challenged, but isn't stp useless unless it reduces a total hit from your xbuild? I mean, adding just 3 stp, if it makes your hits go from say 5.1 to 5.4 tp/hit, isn't that moot unstacked?

It still increases your average WS frequency, regardless of whether or not its creating a 'true' x-hit build.

That said, the person you quoted is a moron, and Rancor Collar is infinitely better.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-10-30 15:35:46  

No. Going by your current equip, you could swap your second ring, belt, ammo, legs, or feet and get a significant improvement in stp over what you're getting in neck slot while losing far less than the bonus that Rancor provides.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-10-30 15:35:54  
besides anything with store tp beats it out anyways since your trying to get tp faster. hell id use a chiv chain over rancors for tp set.

[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-30 15:37:08  
Shiva.Viciousss said: »
i think the gorget offers more as a tp piece. certainly not for ws.
EDIT: Had a difference in results due to one case getting 0.2 TP/hit out of Houyi's whereas the other only got 0.1, the more common occurence. Adding more potential cases and expanding post for clarity.

Weaponskill damage accounts for about 35-50% of your damage depending on your setup. 3 STP will increase your WS frequency by anywhere from 0.4-4.5%. In a case where you gain 0.1 TP/hit and it's largely marginalized due to the combination of common WS returns and TP/hit, this is a 0.14-0.2% increase in total damage. In the case that you gain 0.1 TP/hit and it is not marginalized, WS frequency increases by about 2.4% and your gains are in the 1-1.2% range. If you happen to get 0.2 TP/hit out of the gorget then you will generally not see marginalized gains and thus benefit by ~4.6%, total 1.61-2.3% gains.

Worst case for Rancor Collar barring capped critrate is 95% critrate, capped Ratio, no level correction, and no critdmg gear. In this highly unlikely scenario it's a ~0.85-1.05% increase, which is beaten by Houyi's. However, in more realistic scenarios you will see gains in the 2-4.5% range (depending on TP/WS split, enemy level/def, and your ability to use Innin). As the enemy grows stronger, so does Rancor Collar.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-30 15:42:50  
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Variable WS returns and lower TP/hit mean that changes in STP will usually have *some* impact on your WS frequency. It's possible that it will be devalued depending on your weapons and total DW though.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-10-30 16:26:53  
[+]
 Bahamut.Ragni
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ragni
By Bahamut.Ragni 2011-10-30 16:30:28  
This neck is godly for Annihilator rng :)
[+]
 Valefor.Kungg
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kung
By Valefor.Kungg 2011-10-30 17:01:33  
actually no, tping in rancor collar is actually very very wrong. you take 10% more dmg.....

And as for houyi's id use it in aby since your crit rate is damn near capped for more dmg since agi is the mod. outside rancor for crit rate, but ONLY macro piece.

You have a Dodge earring your opinion doesn't count :3
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2011-10-30 17:28:50  
Valefor.Kungg said: »

You have a Dodge earring your opinion doesn't count :3
^Lol. It's cause Great Value™ Kannagi doesn't give +AGI you didn't know?
 Sylph.Fulmination
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Fulmination 2011-10-30 17:31:32  

Stop talking. Please.
[+]
 Asura.Kese
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2011-10-30 18:11:08  
Asura.Solara said: »

This. Seriously, you're *** Ninjas. Your evasion is through the roof even before you swap to eva kit, you can full -pdt in a pinch, and you have 9 shadows. If you can't manage to tp in Rancor without it affecting your gameplay in most situations, you should consider a job change.

With that out of the way, why would you not tp in Rancor Collar in the majority of cases?
be nice solara let the gimps b gimp
 Lakshmi.Mrfrodo
By Lakshmi.Mrfrodo 2011-10-31 02:47:51  
Ok im the first to admit when im wrong. i was completely wrong bout pretty much all of what i said in this thread. i would have posted earlier but i just got home from work. Actually reading back i was fairly rude in how i phrased things, im not usually like that and wanted to say i was sorry. Even over the net theres still manners atleast to me. Only thing i will say is dont judge someones opinion or possible knowledge (right or wrong) based on their gear, every person thats ever played xi has had crappy or non perfect gear at some point.
By Makado 2011-10-31 03:00:55  
Screw them wear what you want. Doesn't matter still gonna get invites for w/e still gonna be able to solo this or that or tank w/e blah blah
Do You.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-31 03:03:47  
Not everybody have perfect gear, no.
But beeing gimp and using stupid gear is two very different things.
I dont mind it when people wear a bit of gimp gear, but use what they have\can get correctly.
But when people just wear stupid gear(hi2u 4\5 aurore + homam legs etc, even 5\5 aurore** >_>) and think they'r awesome, that bothers me.
[+]
By Makado 2011-10-31 03:06:41  
So they spent less time on gear not gonna stop them from doing everything "Non-Gimp" ppl do in game.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-10-31 03:15:26  
Makado said: »
So they spent less time on gear not gonna stop them from doing everything "Non-Gimp" ppl do in game.

No but they could be so much better by simply adjusting a few things, and they actually use worse gear than they have access too.. >_>
By Makado 2011-10-31 03:23:30  
I'm sure down the road they'll have everything you think they should have and then we can all be happy. And we will invite them to <insert event here> and marvel at how much a difference they have made.
First Page 2