Yet Some More Skill Up Questions.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Yet some more skill up questions.
Yet some more skill up questions.
 Ragnarok.Garota
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Garota
By Ragnarok.Garota 2011-10-28 19:00:58  
After reviewing some of the threads here, I've been contemplating on some methods for skilling up.

I'd already picked up some Platinum Leaves and Vitrol to make Platinum Nuggets. Unfortunately, I kept having lots of explosions all over my face. Having no other crafting skills, I looked up some other recipes which did not require a subcraft. I decided that I could try out a lower level synth.

I came across Federation Earring recipe and decided to give it a shot. Turns out I'm very good at this Button Mashing Craft Skill. I was able to cram many more Earth Fewell into the furnace compared to the nugget recipe. With my first stack of fewell, I was able to hit level 10 synergy. At level 5 I added a point toward Feed Fewell, I was not able to find an option to drop the skill and raise another.

Finally, I noticed that with the gross amount of unsuccessful thwacks, only about a dozen or so were able to stop the furnace from exploding. Only two of the successful thwacks have given me skill ups. After stopping an explosion, I was able to cram even more fewell into the furnace...

So... My questions are:

1. Is it reasonable to continue switching my recipes into different earrings as my synergy skill progresses or should I stick to Pratinum Nugget Onry?

2. Is it worth it to toss any points at thwacking for skill up purposes?

Thanks all. I look forward to some feedback.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-10-28 19:22:09  
The higher a recipe's level is above yours, the more impurities increase every time you feed fewell. This is why you get explosions much more often when doing high-level recipes. I found that the best/fastest way to skillup is to choose a recipe 5 levels above you, and craft it until you cap on it. Sometimes it's best to go 10 levels above yourself because there are no other decent recipes (mythril->silver->gold->plat nuggets come to mind). You will be able to cap all of the important skill levels (fewell feeding, safety lever) by 75, so capping thwacking first to improve skillups is not a bad idea.